Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    I really like how Orton is carrying himself. With that attitude, things will definitely work out for him. If we can get some more experience for the receivers, and get the running backs, receivers, and O-line healthy, the offense can do great things.

Hey I have to agree Last year when Cutler went(which I was ready for as much as I thought Cutler was going to be our man for some time,just didn't like anyone who cant take lifes little issues and be a strong man about it) and we got Orton I was a little miffed I didn't like him and was certantly hoping we would find someone else.Well after a few games last year I began to change my mind,I saw a Q.B. that was calm,accurate,made very few bone head mistakes with the ball and seemed to be working hard to be a really good Q.B. for us. Now after a year under his belt in McD's system really could be a great year for him,he's really looking comfortable back there. Changing calls,making the right reads still protecting the ball well AND has made a few deep passes already not quite conecting but at least spreads the D out a bit. His one throw against Detroit launched from our 13 and landed at Detroits 30 just over a twisted up Lloyd. Happy with were Orton is at as a BRONCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Orton's far more comfortable and aware. He's also healthy. That makes a big difference.

I was pretty pissed about that INT.

I mean I realize these two guys are fighting for 5th and 6th on the depth chart (behind Larsen), but come on, Ball and Fargas. Get it together.

Ball blew it on the INT.

Fargas had 9 carries for 13 yards?!

Holy Christ. Plus we just kept running a HB draw up the middle every first down. I know McD runs the same plays over and over again in preseason because he's looking at stuff, but that just wasn't going to work at all, so I'm not sure what he was looking to see other than to find out how Fargas looked in a body cast.

That was some horrible running tonight.

Orton was running for his life all game long (that he was in at least), and did amazingly well.

I'm stoked!

I need to see no more of it, the HB draw into a pile underwhelms everytime.

Just me, or does Fargas looks like he is about 65 years old when getting up off the turf? That guys looks like every move hurts.

How can anyone not be stoked about Orton? IT is obvious he has stepped up his game is ready to produce.
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

ya he looks like he put on some wear with the Raiders I'm deffinatly ready for our backs to be healthy. Oh and our O-line,maybe get some running game to help Orton out.We did finally have some good runs at the end of the detroit game --- but then again it was the end.

I am really impressed with Orton and the way he has changed in his second year with us. But the part that says "he hits his receivers in stride".......I saw multiple times where the receivers slowed way down or stopped. Maybe Im being to critical, but his deep ball needs to improve if we want to see more TD's
    Don't Panic!

Nice article but I have to say this. I wore his jersey to the first few camps so the article saying no one wears his jersey is incorrect. There were even a couple more after the first camp. I'll have to admit I was the only Orton jersey that day. I feel not only is he not getting kudos, his fans are not either. I was even interviewed by a ESPN reporter that 1st day. Though she said it may not get used. Then there was some reporters the 2nd day who did a video tape interview as well and I never saw that either. The fans are there for Orton. They may not be in the numbers of Tebow fans but there are fans. We just go unnoticed like Kyle.

I was also disapointed I have yet to get his autograph. Even being the 2nd row at Invesco, he went the other way and I never got a chance. I'm here and there are 206 KO Army members that are cheering him on. Yet we are not noticed by the media.

:orton:

For "normal people" it's still very early, half way through the preseason. Orton will get plenty of notice if the Broncos win early in the season (especially with the offense carrying the load).

If the offense struggles, or Orton struggles, we'll learn the lesson all over again about preseason, and what it means.

I was getting ready to post this myself great read agree with the rider 100%

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan2415 View Post
    I am really impressed with Orton and the way he has changed in his second year with us. But the part that says "he hits his receivers in stride".......I saw multiple times where the receivers slowed way down or stopped. Maybe Im being to critical, but his deep ball needs to improve if we want to see more TD's
    i firmly believe demaryius thomas would have pulled down a couple of those deep passes

lloyd isn't fast enough or big enough to get up and make a play on those passes. orton needs to continue working on the accuracy, but he needs a little help on the receiving end as well

orton has shown tremendous accuracy on crossing routes and down the sidelines (when not going really deep)

I love it. The way Orton continues to conduct himself as a professional, he seems to be so relaxed within the Broncos. He could have faltered when we picked up Quinn or drafted Tebow, but no, he continued to push forward and not worry about what they’re doing, but what he can do to become a better football player. He even earned an extension with us.

You just have to root for a guy like Kyle Orton, an unrated quarterback that doesn’t concern himself with what others say, but what he knows he has to do to win games. I’m very excited to see him lead the way for the Broncos this season. Thanks for sharing!
    Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncbeat View Post
    Nice article but I have to say this. I wore his jersey to the first few camps so the article saying no one wears his jersey is incorrect. There were even a couple more after the first camp. I'll have to admit I was the only Orton jersey that day. I feel not only is he not getting kudos, his fans are not either. I was even interviewed by a ESPN reporter that 1st day. Though she said it may not get used. Then there was some reporters the 2nd day who did a video tape interview as well and I never saw that either. The fans are there for Orton. They may not be in the numbers of Tebow fans but there are fans. We just go unnoticed like Kyle.

I was also disapointed I have yet to get his autograph. Even being the 2nd row at Invesco, he went the other way and I never got a chance. I'm here and there are 206 KO Army members that are cheering him on. Yet we are not noticed by the media.

:orton:
    Very true. I'll vouch for every word of it, and I was there.

Where were all the players

I was very disappointed during the game Saturday, not because we lost but becuase I had my grandsons, 9 & 6 at the game. We drove from Rapid City, South Dakota so they could see their heros; Champ, Tebow and Eddie Royal. The only one we saw at the game was Royal. We scanned the sidelines all through the game with binoculars and didn't get a glimpse of the other two. I understand Tebow is hurt, however I've seen many, many hurt players support their teams from the sidelines. Where were they? Hard to explain good sportsman ship to two very disappoint boys that were in a car for 13 hours to attend a game where the favorite players didn't bother to show up. We only get to come to one game and year and I call this one a bust. Hard to stay excited when the season starts out so disappointing.

Unfortunately in pre-season, the starters often don't play if they're vets or if they have a minor injury.

Tebow was out with bruised ribs. Champ is Champ and he proved himself last week when he also bruised his elbow. He's obviously game-ready so they chose not to have him out there to risk an injury.

They do it a lot actually. Sorry you were let down by not seeing them play.

It wasn't that they didn't play, it was that they weren't anywhere!! I had already explained preseason and Tebow's injuries, the disappointment was that they didn't show up to their own game.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_bo View Post
    I was very disappointed during the game Saturday, not because we lost but becuase I had my grandsons, 9 & 6 at the game. We drove from Rapid City, South Dakota so they could see their heros; Champ, Tebow and Eddie Royal. The only one we saw at the game was Royal. We scanned the sidelines all through the game with binoculars and didn't get a glimpse of the other two. I understand Tebow is hurt, however I've seen many, many hurt players support their teams from the sidelines. Where were they? Hard to explain good sportsman ship to two very disappoint boys that were in a car for 13 hours to attend a game where the favorite players didn't bother to show up. We only get to come to one game and year and I call this one a bust. Hard to stay excited when the season starts out so disappointing.
    Ya thats a shame, to bad they were let down. I would say try to focus on the fact they got to catch a glimpse of Eddie and not so much the fact they didn't get to see the others.

I can remember being that age I never got a chance to go to a game until I was on my own paying the bills But I remember hearing that John Elway was in my home town during Pheasant season hunting one year and I was excited and really hoped I would run into him but it never happened and was disappointed.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif WHEC-724