Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
    He was great to watch it's true. However as he started going for records I started getting so very upset. We played Philly back when Owens was still there (05, 06?) and Tomlinson was trying to break some record like 2 rushing touchdowns in the past X games. He had one TD and we were on the Eagles 7 or something. 1st and goal, Tomlinson got stuffed 3 times, he was going for the record and they knew it. The rest of the game it was a Tomlinson-fest and he went no-where. We lost that game even though we should have won. That day, Tomlinson apparently became bigger than the team and that is when I started hating him.

From that point forward I wanted to jettison him, if ya have a good O-line you can make many, many, RB's look good. His production dropped he started to get junked at the line of scrimmage and still I was a pariah for saying he sucked.

Now he plays for the Jets, the most self-hyped team I have ever known. You, bet your @rse I want him to fail. I've been smiling throughout the whole preseason solely from looking at the Jets' offensive statistics.

LT's Music Video

That's right LT, you catch that pass cause you can't get it done on your own.
    Lmao, that is a load of crap. LT got the ball, not because of records, but because he is one of the best goaline runners of all-time. Chances were if the Bolts were inside the 10, LT would get them 6 points in his prime.

Wow, how soon some people forget.....

Quote Originally Posted by Game3525 View Post
    Lmao, that is a load of crap. LT got the ball, not because of records, but because he is one of the best goaline runners of all-time. Chances were if the Bolts were inside the 10, LT would get them 6 points in his prime.

Wow, how soon some people forget.....
    Turns out it was 2005. It was his 5th year in the league, and his 2nd best thus far as far as yards and TD's are concerned.

He got stuffed...multiple times...so if something is not working, keep doing it until it does?

he is one of the best goaline runners of all-time.
    About that...lets change "is" to "arguably was"

Wow, how fondly some people remember...

---EDIT---

Oh wait I found some stuff to help jog your memory

2005 Chargers at Eagles Box Score Do you see that 0.4 yards per average for carries...yeah it hurt then...still hurts now.

Here's a NFL Films Recap of it on Hulu as well
    Enjoy
    Last edited by Puddleglum; 09-11-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Fun Links I found

Quote Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
    Turns out it was 2005. It was his 5th year in the league, and his 2nd best thus far as far as yards and TD's are concerned.

He got stuffed...multiple times...so if something is not working, keep doing it until it does?

About that...lets change "is" to "arguably was"

Wow, how fondly some people remember...

---EDIT---

Oh wait I found some stuff to help jog your memory

2005 Chargers at Eagles Box Score Do you see that 0.4 yards per average for carries...yeah it hurt then...still hurts now.

Here's a NFL Films Recap of it on Hulu as well
    Enjoy
    Does "Martyball" ring the bell? Tomlinson has 153 career touchdowns that is third all-time, it is no debate the man is/was one of the best goaline options of all-time. They didn't give LT the ball because they wanted to appease him and his records, they gave it too him because he was the best option, even on a bad night. In those days, Tomlinson could get -1 yards on one play, and then rip off 60 yard run.

Seriously, how soon people forget.......

Tomlinson is a pro cry baby. He has spent a lot of time crying on the sidelines. He is setting himself up for it again this season once the Jets don't live up to their expectations. He was treated very well in San Diego and once he is gone, he runs his mouth about his former team like that. He has no class and I hope he doesn't have a good year. I never liked him as a person to be honest but he was plain sick in his prime. Now that he is past his prime, he is having issues accepting that fact.

For

I have him on one of my fantasy teams

All you have proven is you have no clue what you are talking about, Tomlinson getting the ball inside the 10's in those days was not uncommon, they gave Tomlinson the ball because he was the best option, not to appease him or some crap like that.
    In THAT game it was done to give him his record, despite getting multiple carries and finding nothing but a bunch of eagles waiting for him at the line of scrimmage.

It is truly laughable you actually believe this, do you really believe a guy like Marty Schottenheimer would do this to appease him? No, he did it because that is what Marty has been known for his entire career running the football, hense the name "Martyball".
    Martyball is not strictly about running it's about ultraconservative football. You haven't even watched the recap of the game have you? When your stud RB (at the time) is getting 0.4 yds per attempt the whole run-run-pass-punt/FG if in range philosophy of Martyball kinda gets screwed over. That's why I'm sure Cam Cameron started calling passing plays even though we lost the game trying to get LT his accursed record.

I think football fans are too black and white - someone is a hero or a bum. You love him or hate him. LT is a man. He has flaws and like anyone, those flaws will become all the more apparent the more the light is shone on him AND when times get tough.

It's easy to be "perfect" when everything is going your way, it's hard to act with deep character when things are tough. I think it appears that LT lacks a little in depth - though I don't know him as a person. When you have been the star your whole life and suddenly you aren't, it isn't easy to deal with and he hasn't done so very well.

All that said. I wish him well. I wish the Jets a horrible year. This week's game was perfect. LT performed his offense didn't :-)

Remember, people, smack is not allowed in here.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

always have and always will

Turner ruined him. ever since marty left he wasn't the same. i mean he looks good with the jets
    [IMG]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1617/dwilliams27sig2ra.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/twolves4ever/darrent.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney27 View Post
    Turner ruined him. ever since marty left he wasn't the same. i mean he looks good with the jets
    I'd agree to that. He has lost a step, then again he is Tomlinson so you COULD argue he had an extra step to begin with.