Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm not a Charger's fan, but I thought Seau was the best Charger of all time. He dominated games from the MLB position. Some of you guys might be too young to remember what he was like in the 90's, but he was like Ray Lewis with 4.5 speed. He practically carried the Chargers to their single AFC Championship, which is more than LT ever saw on that team.

    Seau is probably the most dominant MLB of his era (the 90's).
    a great case can be made for seau, but when it all shakes out, personally i would rank LT higher on a list of rbs than seau on ILBs

    that may be just me, though

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,527
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdavey View Post
    ya know when the whine switch got flipped?

    after the loss to the pats in sd, when he uttered the now infamous words "you guys know me, i'm a classy guy"

    that was the end of mister classy guy

    up until then he truely was the ambassador of the nfl in terms of complete and total class, and mister perfection as far as role model

    off the field he's still the perfect nfl player in terms of actions, never gets in trouble, always helps the community, raises money, gives of his time

    but he became a whiner, and a crybaby on the field and off in terms of media interactions.

    ever since the classy-gate post game press conference, he's been the easiest player for the media to get a soundbyte out of, always taking the bait
    .
    Marty said he would get him his ring did he not? That didn't happen and that may be why he turned on you guys? Gained an attitude so to speak.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    27,209
    Do you think he's a humble guy who lost his way and can maybe find it again after he's done?

    Or is he a humble guy who lost the quality completely?

    The only other option would be that the humility was an act all along... but I don't buy that, and I don't think anyone else does either.

    I'm just bored and curious... some of the bitterness may pass if he goes back to his roots later on?
    Thanks, Reid!

    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Marty said he would get him his ring did he not? That didn't happen and that may be why he turned on you guys? Gained an attitude so to speak.
    Yeah I'm sure he got frustrated. Particularly in 2006, when he had a great game against the Pats before the staff took the ball out of his hands in the second half for some crazy reason.

    But he has no business whining about playoff losses in 2007, '08 or '09, when he was either sitting out injured or worse than worthless. He had 12 carries for 24 yards against a weak Jets run defense that had given up nearly 200 yards on the ground to Cincinnatti the week before. He was done.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerbomb View Post
    Yeah I'm sure he got frustrated. Particularly in 2006, when he had a great game against the Pats before the staff took the ball out of his hands in the second half for some crazy reason.

    But he has no business whining about playoff losses in 2007, '08 or '09, when he was either sitting out injured or worse than worthless. He had 12 carries for 24 yards against a weak Jets run defense that had given up nearly 200 yards on the ground to Cincinnatti the week before. He was done.
    totally agree with this post.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,245
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Do you think he's a humble guy who lost his way and can maybe find it again after he's done?

    Or is he a humble guy who lost the quality completely?

    The only other option would be that the humility was an act all along... but I don't buy that, and I don't think anyone else does either.

    I'm just bored and curious... some of the bitterness may pass if he goes back to his roots later on?
    anyone is capable of redemption

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Do you think he's a humble guy who lost his way and can maybe find it again after he's done?

    Or is he a humble guy who lost the quality completely?

    The only other option would be that the humility was an act all along... but I don't buy that, and I don't think anyone else does either.

    I'm just bored and curious... some of the bitterness may pass if he goes back to his roots later on?
    idk, but it suddenly clicked in with him, one year he was doing the barry sanders and then the next he was doing that stupid tear drop ball flip td celebration, and pouting and moping around
    -------

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,684
    the chargers totaly messed up letting micheal turner. LT has been nice to play against sense his awesome season, but now he is going to start disapearing behind greene in new york.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    the chargers totaly messed up letting micheal turner. LT has been nice to play against sense his awesome season, but now he is going to start disapearing behind greene in new york.
    nah, the chargers did the right thing at the time. unless you expect them to see the future? because LT was coming off a pretty good 2007 season where he lead all RB's in total yards and TD's.

    you simply don't let a guy like that go for an unproven (as far as starting goes) backup in Michael turner, i don't care how good he was.

    was just bad timing, i think if we could have held onto turner one more season we would have kept him.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    nah, the chargers did the right thing at the time. unless you expect them to see the future? because LT was coming off a pretty good 2007 season where he lead all RB's in total yards and TD's.

    you simply don't let a guy like that go for an unproven (as far as starting goes) backup in Michael turner, i don't care how good he was.

    was just bad timing, i think if we could have held onto turner one more season we would have kept him.
    I agree, but then again, the Jets did it this year by cutting the AFC's leading rusher in Thomas Jones in order to hand the reigns to Shonn Greene.

    I bet that AJ Smith would've been willing to make the change if not for the gigantic backlash it would've caused.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerbomb View Post
    I agree, but then again, the Jets did it this year by cutting the AFC's leading rusher in Thomas Jones in order to hand the reigns to Shonn Greene.

    I bet that AJ Smith would've been willing to make the change if not for the gigantic backlash it would've caused.
    the jets replaced Jones for LT, Greene was going to be their #1 back regardless. also, you simply don't replace the leagues #1 rusher for a backup, especially when said running back is a future HOF'er and the face of the franchise.

    if AJ was so convinced that turner was gonna be the guy the next year, he could have bit the bullet and franchise tagged turner if i am not mistaken.

    but few people thought at the time that LT was gonna drop as fast as he did, including the chargers front office.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Parowan, Utah, United States
    Posts
    171
    Im kinda back and forth on this one. Of course I'd love to see him suceed just so the Chargers have a little egg on their face.
    But my question is why does everyone think he's such a lock for the HOF? Granted the guy was great but, but the HOF is supposed to be the pinnacle of the NFL. I think he has more to prove.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,737
    Quote Originally Posted by freaky View Post
    Im kinda back and forth on this one. Of course I'd love to see him suceed just so the Chargers have a little egg on their face.
    But my question is why does everyone think he's such a lock for the HOF? Granted the guy was great but, but the HOF is supposed to be the pinnacle of the NFL. I think he has more to prove.
    other than getting a ring, what more does he have to prove? players don't get in the HOF based on rings, except maybe QB's but even then that isn't entirely true.

    there is absolutely no question he deserves to be in the hall of fame. all that is left is for him to get his ring, which will have no bearing on his hall of fame status other than putting a stamp on it.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    21,841
    I loved watching him, and then he became this whiny ass, and the Chargers actually became relevant THEN I started hating him.

    I hate the Jets, so I hate him there too.

    Hooray, beer!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Magical Land of Narnia
    Posts
    1,165
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I loved watching him, and then he became this whiny ass, and the Chargers actually became relevant THEN I started hating him.

    I hate the Jets, so I hate him there too.
    He was great to watch it's true. However as he started going for records I started getting so very upset. We played Philly back when Owens was still there (05, 06?) and Tomlinson was trying to break some record like 2 rushing touchdowns in the past X games. He had one TD and we were on the Eagles 7 or something. 1st and goal, Tomlinson got stuffed 3 times, he was going for the record and they knew it. The rest of the game it was a Tomlinson-fest and he went no-where. We lost that game even though we should have won. That day, Tomlinson apparently became bigger than the team and that is when I started hating him.

    From that point forward I wanted to jettison him, if ya have a good O-line you can make many, many, RB's look good. His production dropped he started to get junked at the line of scrimmage and still I was a pariah for saying he sucked.

    Now he plays for the Jets, the most self-hyped team I have ever known. You, bet your @rse I want him to fail. I've been smiling throughout the whole preseason solely from looking at the Jets' offensive statistics.

    LT's Music Video

    That's right LT, you catch that pass cause you can't get it done on your own.
    Last edited by Puddleglum; 09-10-2010 at 08:06 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •