Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Broncos bid farewell to Akin Ayodele

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-akin-ayodele/
    The Broncos signed veteran linebacker Akin Ayodele in April. And he started both of the team's preseason games.

But now he's no longer on the team.

Per a league source, the Broncos have released Ayodele, an eight-year pro who previously played for the Jaguars, Cowboys, and Dolphins. He remains listed as a first-teamer on the Broncos' official depth chart. Presumably, Joe May or Wesley Woodyard will be promoted to the starting spot on the inside, next to D.J. Williams.

Please Lord, tell Josh to move Haggan inside....

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

This confuses the HECK out of me??? DOn't we need more ILB's?

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Wow, I wonder what the story is on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Please Lord, tell Josh to move Haggan inside....
    I'd love to see Haggan and DJ roam the middle, with Ayers and Moss creating speed on the outside, and combinations of Wesley, Mays, etc. in between. If I had my way, we'd add another good quality LB to the mix......

...this unit is one that worries me a bit, especially over a long, hard fought season.

I'll say it again.......high LB pick in '11.

I'm puzzled by this seeing as we have no depth at ILB.
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

from what I saw he sucked, but who the hell do we even have? mays, Haggan (who might have to play OLB, who knows), woodyard and williams? Even if he did suck we have zero depth.

I believe this means they are going to be playing Moss on the outside as the new starter (dooms replacement) like what most of us want, and moving Haggan back to his natural position as an ILB! If this is in fact the case I will be thrilled and I think it will only benefit our defense! Haggan is usually fairly stout against the run, although he lost contain on at least 2 or 3 plays in his limited action last sunday. However he is NOT a pass rusher, with Moss/Ayers on the outside I believe we will cause pressure on opposing QB's and we will be pretty good against the run with DJ & Haggan manning the middle! I HOPE what I believe is true!!!
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

Quote Originally Posted by Caliraiderhater View Post
    I believe this means they are going to be playing Moss on the outside as the new starter (dooms replacement) like what most of us want, and moving Haggan back to his natural position as an ILB! If this is in fact the case I will be thrilled and I think it will only benefit our defense! Haggan is usually fairly stout against the run, although he lost contain on at least 2 or 3 plays in his limited action last sunday. However he is NOT a pass rusher, with Moss/Ayers on the outside I believe we will cause pressure on opposing QB's and we will be pretty good against the run with DJ & Haggan manning the middle! I HOPE what I believe is true!!!
    Even if that is true wouldn't we want to see Moss vs the 1st team O's first. Soemthing tells me it's more then just a player being cut.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

There just has to be more to this story.

I understand all the confusion about our little depth at the position. It is no surprise we have talent at the LB spot, but that true talent only runs about 5 guys deep before a pretty big drop off. However I believe we released him due to professionalism so he could still have enough time to sign with another team with a good chance at starting. We did this with someone else very recently but I can't for the life of me remember who it was lol. Anyway thats my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    from what I saw he sucked, but who the hell do we even have? mays, Haggan (who might have to play OLB, who knows), woodyard and williams? Even if he did suck we have zero depth.
    I thought he actually played decent, and though for sure he was this years "davis" type of journyman inside guy.....

Must be haggans inside, moss at olb, and ayers at olb, and having larsen, woodyard, mayes, working on being back up ILB guys.....

More to come i guess, unless they're getting ready to sign a "name" ILB......like adailus thomas or something is he still available?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    Even if that is true wouldn't we want to see Moss vs the 1st team O's first. Soemthing tells me it's more then just a player being cut.
    Yes I agree, however maybe they have felt they have seen enough. If I remember correctly Moss actually ran with the 1's during camp quite a bit when Ayers was in the "dog house" and was impressing the coaches even before that. I know thats not an actual game going against an opposing teams first string O-line, but maybe it was enough. Thats why they get paid millions of dollars to coach and evaluate talent in the NFL and I don't!

Can we get Andra Davis back? Please?

(i know the bills have him)
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

I can only hope that we are not promoting Joe Mays to the starting lineup. It would be good for him, no doubt, but bad for our defense and our season.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607