Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 1936
  1. #1906
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Remember that one time when glen got killed and then he wasn't dead, and then he got killed again...Yea, this show is awful about dragging crap out. Hell, remember the farm...Talking about a section of story that went on well past its expiration date.
    Yeah the farm is by far my least favorite season. It was supposed to be a 1-2 episode stop while Carl healed from the gunshot wound. And it turned into an entire season of let's pretend like the zompacalypse isn't happening.

    I only still watch due to my OCD of trying to finish shows. It would be nice if they canned it after this season when Negan dies.

  2. #1907
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Yeah the farm is by far my least favorite season. It was supposed to be a 1-2 episode stop while Carl healed from the gunshot wound. And it turned into an entire season of let's pretend like the zompacalypse isn't happening.

    I only still watch due to my OCD of trying to finish shows. It would be nice if they canned it after this season when Negan dies.
    I'm considering switching my viewing habits for the show. I wonder if waiting until the entire season is on Netflix would be more worthwhile. I tend to agree that the show drags on, but I do think there are still very good episodes dispersed throughout the season.

    I have a feeling binging the entire season over a weekend or two would allow me to have a greater appreciation for the story.

  3. #1908
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,402
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    I'm considering switching my viewing habits for the show. I wonder if waiting until the entire season is on Netflix would be more worthwhile. I tend to agree that the show drags on, but I do think there are still very good episodes dispersed throughout the season.

    I have a feeling binging the entire season over a weekend or two would allow me to have a greater appreciation for the story.
    Thatís honestly the much better method to watching shows period. The only reason i donít do that with everything is due to a need to keep up with social media on some shows.

  4. #1909
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    I still watch the show but lately I have been very busy and have had to DVR the episodes and watch them a few days later.

    I do believe that the show is winding down, though.

  5. #1910
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,251
    I binged the whole things since the show restarted in feb... wasn’t bad... but back to slow stuff again.

    Negan has been brilliant... his fight with Rick was awesome...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  6. #1911
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I binged the whole things since the show restarted in feb... wasnít bad... but back to slow stuff again.

    Negan has been brilliant... his fight with Rick was awesome...
    SO! This is probably the slowest season! Lowest in viewership since the 2nd season .

    Does anyone but me think it is even POSSIBLE for Negan to JOIN Rick? Somehow I do!!!! Here is my Theory!

    CAAARRGGLLL wanted his Dad to carry on, to make peace. Heck RICK even DREAMED about ASSKICKER in the Garden WITH him!!! Somehow I believe it will happen! Simon is the real TRUE threat after all. He has already proved it!

    Also the TRASH Chick is going to spill da Beans about the Junkyard Slaughter. Negan in his own twisted way really did think he was saving everyone by dramatically only offing one at a time.

    This show may have 1 more good year left in it. I think more than just one regular will join the FEAR the Walkin Dead, for a couple 2 or 3 more season then it will be final.

    MY question for the Comic readers is, have they given Negans backstory yet???
    oh YEAH?

  7. #1912
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    SO! This is probably the slowest season! Lowest in viewership since the 2nd season .

    Does anyone but me think it is even POSSIBLE for Negan to JOIN Rick? Somehow I do!!!! Here is my Theory!

    CAAARRGGLLL wanted his Dad to carry on, to make peace. Heck RICK even DREAMED about ASSKICKER in the Garden WITH him!!! Somehow I believe it will happen! Simon is the real TRUE threat after all. He has already proved it!

    Also the TRASH Chick is going to spill da Beans about the Junkyard Slaughter. Negan in his own twisted way really did think he was saving everyone by dramatically only offing one at a time.

    This show may have 1 more good year left in it. I think more than just one regular will join the FEAR the Walkin Dead, for a couple 2 or 3 more season then it will be final.

    MY question for the Comic readers is, have they given Negans backstory yet???
    1 more good season left? This season blows. They are already past the good seasons point. That's why viewership has plummeted.

    As for Negan joining the group I really hope that's a smokescreen. If he isn't dead at the end of this current season I will be one of the viewers dumping the show. This arc has gone on far too long and the only acceptable end since Abraham and Glenn were beaten to a pulp by Lucille is death for Negan. I don't care about some big master vision where Negan wants to save people. He already took it way too far several times for that. I mean the biological warfare was a plan he just tried to execute on Hilltop before Rick ran him off the road. I don't care how they try to spin him in a good light the man is pure evil and should be killed.

    As for the Trash chick spilling the beans, Rick already did that by telling Negan what happened when they were below that building.

    Seriously the only way to keep me around for season 9 is to end this arc in the next two episodes.

  8. #1913
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,021
    Surprisingly, I've been a fan of the back end of this season. Carl's episode went on a little long for my liking, and the episode after that was just okay. The past 4 episodes I have really enjoyed. But it's starting to feel dragged out. As long as they end this arc by the finale, I'll still be on board.

    As far as the pacing of the show, does anyone else think AMC is the problem? TWD is pretty much their only big success, and a lot of the decisions that I disagree with seem to be issues that the network would step in and cause.

    There was the cliffhanger when they first encountered Negan. Some of the extended episodes run an hour and a half, but have runtimes similar to a regular hour-long episode, allowing for more ads. Now, they're bringing a beloved character to Fear, which I can only assume is to increase viewership there.

    Most of these decisions scream network executives to me. With what Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon have become, I kind of wish this series had the free reign that those platforms seem to allow. The reason most of us still watch this show is because those first 6 episodes were incredible, and nothing felt stretched out. Since then, practically every season has needed filler and has moved far too slow, because the number of episodes per season have increased from 6 to 10 to 16.

  9. #1914
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,402
    Nope I think it's extremely poor slow writing. I don't notice the commercials since I fast forward through them anyway. And several episodes run beyond the 42 minute run time not just extended commercials.

    Also TWD is not their only success unless you mean currently airing. Mad Men was a big success even if it didn't run 15 million veiwers per episode. Breaking Bad was a huge success and so is Better Call Saul. Hell on Wheels was pretty successful to though again not in the 15 mil per episode successful.

    Personally I feel like AMC is one of the most popular cable networks for tv shows. I think TWD writers have just run the show into the dirt.

  10. #1915
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Nope I think it's extremely poor slow writing. I don't notice the commercials since I fast forward through them anyway. And several episodes run beyond the 42 minute run time not just extended commercials.

    Also TWD is not their only success unless you mean currently airing. Mad Men was a big success even if it didn't run 15 million veiwers per episode. Breaking Bad was a huge success and so is Better Call Saul. Hell on Wheels was pretty successful to though again not in the 15 mil per episode successful.

    Personally I feel like AMC is one of the most popular cable networks for tv shows. I think TWD writers have just run the show into the dirt.
    The difference between TWD and those shows, is that those shows were produced by outside companies and only aired on the network. AMC Studios (the Production company) has TWD, Fear, The Terror, Preacher, Humans, TURN, Halt ad Catch Fire, and Talking Dead. Hell on Wheels was produced by AMC Studios, so I will grant you that one, but I don't really know what kind of numbers that show pulled. I have heard great things, though.

    The first season of TWD had a budget of $3.4 million per episode. This decreased to $2.75 million per episode for the 2nd season, and has stayed around that amount ever since. Breaking Bad and Mad Men each had around $3 million per episode, and that's with fewer main castmembers and less profitable shows.

    Yes, I do think writing is an issue. The dialogue has never been great, and I think great writers could do more with a lower budget. But I don't think AMC really cares about the quality of the show. Even as viewership declines, it's still the most watched show on TV.

  11. #1916
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,402
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    The difference between TWD and those shows, is that those shows were produced by outside companies and only aired on the network. AMC Studios (the Production company) has TWD, Fear, The Terror, Preacher, Humans, TURN, Halt ad Catch Fire, and Talking Dead. Hell on Wheels was produced by AMC Studios, so I will grant you that one, but I don't really know what kind of numbers that show pulled. I have heard great things, though.

    The first season of TWD had a budget of $3.4 million per episode. This decreased to $2.75 million per episode for the 2nd season, and has stayed around that amount ever since. Breaking Bad and Mad Men each had around $3 million per episode, and that's with fewer main castmembers and less profitable shows.

    Yes, I do think writing is an issue. The dialogue has never been great, and I think great writers could do more with a lower budget. But I don't think AMC really cares about the quality of the show. Even as viewership declines, it's still the most watched show on TV.
    "Was the most watched show on tv". This back half of the season plummeting to the 6 million range is nowhere near the top watched show anymore. That's why I say they need to end the Negan arc. Because the longer this goes on the more I think people will tune out.

  12. #1917
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,251
    And I can’t see how they deal with Negan with one episode left ( I think )

    Love the character but it does have to end
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  13. #1918
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,402
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    And I can’t see how they deal with Negan with one episode left ( I think )

    Love the character but it does have to end
    Well good thing there are two episodes left. I don't like to watch trailers for spoilers but it was playing for a second before I hit fast forward. Sounded like Negan was back with the Saviors planning another attempt on Hilltop.

    So my guess is a two episode warfare with Negan dying in the finale.

  14. #1919
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,251
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Well good thing there are two episodes left. I don't like to watch trailers for spoilers but it was playing for a second before I hit fast forward. Sounded like Negan was back with the Saviors planning another attempt on Hilltop.

    So my guess is a two episode warfare with Negan dying in the finale.

    Two episodes can do it! I w9ndwr if this starts to play out like the comic and in the spirit of Carl not wanting people to die he put negan in “jail”
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  15. #1920
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,402
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Two episodes can do it! I w9ndwr if this starts to play out like the comic and in the spirit of Carl not wanting people to die he put negan in ďjailĒ
    That would be enough for me to quit the show. That would be useless.

    In the last 3 episodes we've seen
    A. Rick have Negan hanging from a ledge and fail to chop his hand off
    B. Rick have Negan dead to rights in the basement while having Lucille in his position and with the ability to set Lucille on fire. Only to fail to kill Negan or burn Lucille.
    C. Trash lady have Negan chained up with Lucille in her position and constantly threaten to murder him using Lucille or burn Lucille. And neither came to fruition and now Negan is driving around with a mystery person on his
    way back to the Saviors.


    So excuse me while I fail to believe putting him in "Jail" would accomplish anything whatsoever in terms of putting a stop to his tyranny. The only way to completely end this is with his death. Everything else is just the show endlessly toying with viewers and drawing out the conflict.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •