Thread: Darren Sproles

Darren Sproles

I really like watching this kid play. Why did you draft RM when Sproles is a good runner? Does A.J. not think that he can run the ball for enough yardage? Sproles is one guy I like to watch (except when he plays Denver) and I feel like you guys did him a diservice by putting him on third string. He's also a great punt returner too.

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

He's not a runner between the tackles like RM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    He's not a runner between the tackles like RM.
    yep, sproles is best when put in space.

With all respect to Sproles.....IMO, I don't think he's an every down kind of back. He's quick, but looks small. Once again, thats my opinion.

Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS (SuperSport w/Rally Sport package).

Sproles has a defined roll. Kick/Punt Returner and 3rd down back. He's also the best screen man in the Biz.

He actually gets a lot of work. On games where he returns a kickoff for a TD, he threatens breaking 300 all purpose yards. He did in Denver, in the Hochuli Bowl.

I really wanted us to draft him when he came out... Unfortunately we drafted that idiot Maurice Clarrett... That was the first time I yelled at the tv during the draft lol
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

I feel like Sproles would get injured if he was your primary back. The dude can ball but i don't think he is big enough to hold up to 20+ carries a game.

Definitely dominates as a change of pace/ screen/ receiving/ kick and punt returner though.
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    I really like watching this kid play. Why did you draft RM when Sproles is a good runner? Does A.J. not think that he can run the ball for enough yardage? Sproles is one guy I like to watch (except when he plays Denver) and I feel like you guys did him a diservice by putting him on third string. He's also a great punt returner too.
    who's 2nd??? huh, this a typo??....if he's a third stringer then ya that sucks, but RM is pretty damn good, they compliment each other excellently....so who's ahead a Sproles in 2nd string?

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    who's 2nd??? huh, this a typo??....if he's a third stringer then ya that sucks, but RM is pretty damn good, they compliment each other excellently....so who's ahead a Sproles in 2nd string?
    Oh, one article I heard was wrong it said that Sproles was a 3rd stringer. My bad, I read an updated Chargers article that says he is actually going to be used like he was with LT as a 2nd stringer. Well that's good.

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Quote Originally Posted by broncsfan21 View Post
    I feel like Sproles would get injured if he was your primary back. The dude can ball but i don't think he is big enough to hold up to 20+ carries a game.

Definitely dominates as a change of pace/ screen/ receiving/ kick and punt returner though.
    I think this poster nailed it. Sproles was made for screen plays the problem is that last year we have been sending him up the middle. Anyone who disagrees need only take a look at the stats from the 2009 Ravens game to see my point. A sad case of loving the offense but loathing the offensive coordinator.

Sproles in space, wins the race.

The historical stats on the longevity of little guys like Sproles is abyssmal. If we are to get more years out of him, we can't let him get beat up.

He takes such a beating that I fear it's already slowing him down. I noticed a tail off middle of last year and last week's performance didn't show anything different (weather conditions aside).