Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin View Post
    It didn't seem to bother them last week that Tebow was going against even worse players, so it shouldn't bother them that this week Quinn did so as well.
    Last week? Tebow played against LaMarr Woodley, Troy Polamalu...
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Let's not forget that Tim played right behind Orton the past two games (Pittsburgh and Minnesota). Even better, his stats are better than Brady's even though he played one less week than Quinn (Lions).

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    Let's not forget that Tim played right behind Orton the past two games (Pittsburgh and Minnesota). Even better, his stats are better than Brady's even though he played one less week than Quinn (Lions).
    Quinn's QB rating is 73.1 and Tebow's is 88.0 right now after four preseason games.

In the first game, Quinn had a receiver drop a massive pass deep downfield that would have been a TD. Even just yesterday that happened to him again. Quinn has led multiple drives that resulted in points, we just happened to cap the drives with something other than a pass from Quinn.

Tebow's fumble doesn't go into the QB ratings.

If we actually compare performances rather than just raw stats, Quinn has performed better than Tebow despite his atrocious start.

Quinn's QB rating is 73.1 and Tebow's is 88.0 right now after four preseason games.

In the first game, Quinn had a receiver drop a massive pass deep downfield that would have been a TD. Even just yesterday that happened to him again. Quinn has led multiple drives that resulted in points, we just happened to cap the drives with something other than a pass from Quinn.

If we actually compare performances rather than just raw stats, Quinn has performed better than Tebow despite his atrocious start.
    And Willis dropped a nice 40+ yard pass by Tim, his second throw in the NFL. Let's not mention the pass for a TD at the end of the Cincinnati game, yet Tim still scored now didn't he? We can go tic for tac if you wish but it works both ways.

Neither did Brady's.

In the first game, Quinn had a receiver drop a massive pass deep downfield that would have been a TD.
    Even just yesterday that happened to him again. Quinn has led multiple drives that resulted in points, we just happened to cap the drives with something other than a pass from Quinn.

So it's okay to count the deep ball Quinn missed on, but Tebow's 40+ yard pass that was dropped by Matt Willis isn't...? Tim's throw was 10x better than Quinns.

To say Brady has been better than TT is just ridiculous... One decent game where he played against players that were going to be cut anyways, and now suddenly he has been better than Tebow? No. Not even close.

To me, it is a shame that Brady Quinn is even in tight competition with Tim Tebow to be the #2 quarterback. The guy is in the NFL since 2007, he arrived in Denver earlier and already had previous notions of the system from his college years. Tebow was labeled as a project that has to work on his mechanics and adapt to an NFL offense, the kid is just a rookie. But what we see is Tebow making his case to be our backup and Quinn getting playing time in the 4th quarter of the last preseason game. Shame on you, Mr. Quinn.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    And Willis dropped a nice 40+ yard pass by Tim, his second throw in the NFL. Let's not mention the pass for a TD at the end of the Cincinnati game, yet Tim still scored now didn't he? We can go tic for tac if you wish but it works both ways.

Neither did Brady's.
    True. Brady's mistake came against a first string defense while working in a far more complicated system, but I concede that Quinn also had a fumble I had forgotten about. It didn't result in a TD, but it's a turnover none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by d-bronx42 View Post
    So it's okay to count the deep ball Quinn missed on, but Tebow's 40+ yard pass that was dropped by Matt Willis isn't...? Tim's throw was 10x better than Quinns.
    No it wasn't.

Quinn's also had it happen to him twice for TDs while Tebow's would have been a big gain but no TD.

Houdini makes a fair point. Your's kind of sucks though.

Wow, it's hard to believe anyone but the most ardent Tebow hater could think that. Quinn has looked horrid this preseason.

BTW, did you happen to see Mark Schlereth on ESPN today? He said there's "no question" Tebow is now the #2 QB. I agree.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5527388

Quote Originally Posted by TebowTime View Post
    Wow, it's hard to believe anyone but the most ardent Tebow hater could think that. Quinn has looked horrid this preseason.

BTW, did you happen to see Mark Schlereth on ESPN today? He said there's "no question" Tebow is now the #2 QB. I agree.

To bad for all the Tebow Homers out there that they don't make the call! The coaches know far more than the analyists.
    KYLE ORTON ARMY FAN CLUB #64
    Official Knowshon Moreno fan club member #7

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
    Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
    Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
    Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by TebowTime View Post

Schlereth also said we'd be lucky to win 5 games last season. Tops.

Very true! That long pass down the sideline was perfect and a easy TD...and Carter (who's been since cut, dropped it.

Here's the Broncos TV report on the game.

I'm just posting this because I love Brian Dawkins speech at the beginning.

Man I wish we could have had this guy for his whole career.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...0-81eb01380ae6

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm just posting this because I love Brian Dawkins speech at the beginning.

Man I wish we could have had this guy for his whole career.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...0-81eb01380ae6
    Awesome!!!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "