Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

We need a RB, drop Hall and pick one up? Thoughts

Just wanted to know if anyone feels as nervous as I do about our RB situation. I love Knowshon, and hope he is ready to bust it out this year, but is he 100% ready to go. If not, we need another good RB to go with Buck and Ball.
    Remember the Drive January 11, 1987
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bone thrown at me during the Drive
    at Bar in Columbus Ohio

i seriously would love for us to pick up that davis the fullback that the jets cut and derrick ward, even if derrick ward isnt that good any more he has the potential to be very good and he is a serious upgrade over lance ball and bruce hall

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    i seriously would love for us to pick up that davis the fullback that the jets cut and derrick ward, even if derrick ward isnt that good any more he has the potential to be very good and he is a serious upgrade over lance ball and bruce hall
    umm welcome to now, Derrick Ward was signed by Texans yesterday~

Derrick Ward-RB- Texans Sep. 3 - 6:24 pm et

Texans signed RB Derrick Ward to a one-year contract.
    The preseason tape on Ward is unimpressive, and it's clear that he's merely being signed for depth with Steve Slaton and Jeremiah Johnson nursing toe injuries to start the season. Arian Foster will carry the load against the Colts next week. Ward will be used in a "break glass in case of emergency" fashion. He's likely to hit the open market again once Johnson returns to full health.
    Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter
    Related: Buccaneers

Joique Bell, Gartrell Johnson, and Charles Scott are prolly the best 3 youngins out there atm.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post

The preseason tape on Ward is unimpressive, and it's clear that he's merely being signed for depth with Steve Slaton and Jeremiah Johnson nursing toe injuries to start the season. Arian Foster will carry the load against the Colts next week. Ward will be used in a "break glass in case of emergency" fashion. He's likely to hit the open market again once Johnson returns to full health.

Joique Bell, Gartrell Johnson, and Charles Scott are prolly the best 3 youngins out there atm.
    damn I didnt see that that sucks I really wanted us to pick him up. well we should just gun for marion barber since the boys are shopping him

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    If he isn't that good anymore, he doesn't have the potential to be very good anymore, either. He's on the downside of his career.

I say try to swing a trade for Tashard Choice and see if we can get him cheap. Being three deep with Knowshon, Buckhalter, and Choice would be a great backfield.

It really, really sucks that we lost White for the whole season....

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I say try to swing a trade for Tashard Choice and see if we can get him cheap. Being three deep with Knowshon, Buckhalter, and Choice would be a great backfield.

It really, really sucks that we lost White for the whole season....
    I would rather have Barber than Choice. Choice is a little like Know and Buck, what we need is a straight battering ram.

I doubt this will happen, but I'll state my ideal Bust Ya' in the mouth RB: Willis McGahee. I question how much gas Buckhalter has left in those aging legs of his, and with White now... Moreno and McGahee would be an amazing tandem, to me.

Heck, I would have loved to see us give Alphonso Smith and a conditional pick for McGahee. But alas, who knows if the Ravens are all that keen on giving up the dude.

Joique Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I would rather have Barber than Choice. Choice is a little like Know and Buck, what we need is a straight battering ram.
    I agree Barber would be better but it'd cost too much to get him in a trade. I think Tashard Choice would be the best move in terms of value.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post

throw in jerremiah johnson and i'd like to see shawnberry mcneal or alvin peerman ontop of that.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    A battering ram would be a luxury. Given decent blocking, both Know and Buck can get it done in short yardage situations. Another decent all-around runner would be preferred IMO. I think we need to face facts though...we're a passing team until our RBs are healthy.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

Quote Originally Posted by broncopuppy View Post
    Just wanted to know if anyone feels as nervous as I do about our RB situation. I love Knowshon, and hope he is ready to bust it out this year, but is he 100% ready to go. If not, we need another good RB to go with Buck and Ball.
    Maybe Betts may come back in if he is healthy,we were his first visit.
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 09-04-2010 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
    Joique Bell.
    This.

------

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    Maybe Betts may come back in for a visit if he is healthy,we were his first visit.
    if we wanted betts he would have gotten a contract then.