Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Our front 7 is HUGE!!

____Hunter_______D.J.Williams______Haggan_______Ay ers
    ___6'4" 271lbs_____6'1" 242lbs_____6'3" 267 lbs___6'3" 274lbs

___________McBean________J. Williams______Bannan
    __________6'5" 297lbs______6'3" 348lbs____6'3" 310 lbs

We proved it against the stellers in the 3rd preseason game, we can play smash mouth football! Lets just hope we can keep it going for a whole 16 game season this time. With all the added beef, we have NO excuses if our run defense doesn't improve! We all know our run D didn't look at that great in preseason, BUT I'm holding off till I see an actual game plan (with all of our starters) thats more than a very vanilla scheme. Not going to lie, looking at this size does have me excited!!
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

The offensive line has grown too:

Clady.........Daniels.......Walton......Kuper..... ..Harris/Beadles
    ..325...........320..............305..........305. ...........305
    ..................290..............285............ ....................
    .............(Hamilton).....(Wiegmann)

That's an extra 50 pounds on the interior plus an upgrade in talent, imo. Daniels may not be talent upgrade over Hamilton but could be a draw, Ben was pretty bad the last year he played in Denver.

That's what I like to see, and I dig that Hunter is starting at OLB
    Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)

I do like your inside linebackers, more weight than our boys. Cooper is 6ft 1in and 235lbs which has always irked me as some of the bigger running backs are larger than he is and our D-line has had major issues since we paid Castillo (it should have been Olshansky imo) and my fellow bolt heads wonder why we suck against the run.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the bigger O-linemen, is that because you are getting away from the zone-blocking and into power-blocking? Never really found out the difference between the two, I may just google it.

i just hope j. williams can stay healthy...he was a force in SD

Quote Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
    I do like your inside linebackers, more weight than our boys. Cooper is 6ft 1in and 235lbs which has always irked me as some of the bigger running backs are larger than he is and our D-line has had major issues since we paid Castillo (it should have been Olshansky imo) and my fellow bolt heads wonder why we suck against the run.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the bigger O-linemen, is that because you are getting away from the zone-blocking and into power-blocking? Never really found out the difference between the two, I may just google it.
    Yes we're moving to a power blocking scheme from a zone scheme. The difference? Think bull rush versus swim move. One is just road grading open space and the other is just creating seams by placement and positioning and letting your RBs find the best seam essentially.

Lighter quicker OL work better in the Zone system because they can beat the DL to those areas and create the seams. Does that make any sense? Clear as mud?

Quote Originally Posted by Syvari View Post
    i just hope j. williams can stay healthy...he was a force in SD
    Too true,

I am kinda worried about him when we play you. We gave his old number to the rookie that is supposed to replace him. Problem is old Jamal is a borderline legend in San Diego, and I'm afraid we may have pissed him off. Not a good move considering you just spent some quality picks on a running back with a history of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Yes we're moving to a power blocking scheme from a zone scheme. The difference? Think bull rush versus swim move. One is just road grading open space and the other is just creating seams by placement and positioning and letting your RBs find the best seam essentially.

Lighter quicker OL work better in the Zone system because they can beat the DL to those areas and create the seams. Does that make any sense? Clear as mud?
    Nope, makes sense to me, thanks for explaining it. I was dreading I might have to resort to wikipedia.

Status for a job well done.

The added size and strength should improve the run defense
    still not sure what we have in that area though
    did a good job at times closing the lanes, and did a very poor job at other times at keeping proper assignments

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
    The added size and strength should improve the run defense
    still not sure what we have in that area though
    did a good job at times closing the lanes, and did a very poor job at other times at keeping proper assignments
    The run stuff extra strength & weight I think may be a big key and is the one area size does matter..no pun intended.

If they can mesh like say an "Orange crush" and close the lanes we may see what we all hope for....we will see in just a few days........
    BRONCO FAN FOR LIFE

it didnt show much in preseason as we were ranked last in run defense.

but i still think this group can be good. a couple of quarters of exhibition football is not a good sample.

i want to see this group play an entire game together.

also hopefully our guys dont wear down as much towards the end of the seasons. its usually the 2nd half of the season where our run defense turns into crap.

Kind of bummed Hunter got the starting nod over Moss.

Was really hoping Moss turned the corner. Would have really been great for the team if McD was able to salvage that talent.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    it didnt show much in preseason as we were ranked last in run defense.

but i still think this group can be good. a couple of quarters of exhibition football is not a good sample.

i want to see this group play an entire game together.

also hopefully our guys dont wear down as much towards the end of the seasons. its usually the 2nd half of the season where our run defense turns into crap.
    I wouldn't use the PS stats for anything. DJ and dawkins played very little and haggan played very little at the ILB position. Other guys like Atkins, Baker, Kirlew, and Ayodele got a lot of player time but are no longer on the team. Things will improve with the roster set know and everyone starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Kind of bummed Hunter got the starting nod over Moss.

Was really hoping Moss turned the corner. Would have really been great for the team if McD was able to salvage that talent.
    With only 3 OLB, Moss will get plenty of playing time. It might just work out for the best.

Nice that they're bigger. But are they better?

McBean < Holliday
    J. Williams > R. Fields
    J. Bannan > K. Petersen

Ayers < Dumervil
    D. Williams = D. Williams
    Haggan ? Davis
    Hunter ? Haggan

I think the run D last year was bad mainly because we didn't shed blocks and didn't tackle well.

If those problems haven't been addressed, we'll still have some trouble defending the run.

Last year our linebackers didn't cover well. If that hasn't been addressed, and we don't find some new pass rushers, we'll have trouble defending the pass, too.