Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
    Too true,

I am kinda worried about him when we play you. We gave his old number to the rookie that is supposed to replace him. Problem is old Jamal is a borderline legend in San Diego, and I'm afraid we may have pissed him off. Not a good move considering you just spent some quality picks on a running back with a history of injury.
    Cam Thomas was a steal though.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    The offensive line has grown too:

Clady.........Daniels.......Walton......Kuper..... ..Harris/Beadles
    ..325...........320..............305..........305. ...........305
    ..................290..............285............ ....................
    .............(Hamilton).....(Wiegmann)

That's an extra 50 pounds on the interior plus an upgrade in talent, imo. Daniels may not be talent upgrade over Hamilton but could be a draw, Ben was pretty bad the last year he played in Denver.

Daniels is a huge upgrade. I loved hamilton, but something wasn't right after his concussion, he just wasn't the same. hoc came in and looked like an all-star compaired to him, and now Daniels has planted both Beadles, and Hoc, to take the postion. He's a rather large upgrade.

Hochstein was horrible replacing Hamilton. And he had already played in this man blocking scheme at New England. Now, Hamilton is a starter in Seattle while Hocshtein rides the bench here.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Hochstein was horrible replacing Hamilton. And he had already played in this man blocking scheme at New England. Now, Hamilton is a starter in Seattle while Hocshtein rides the bench here.
    whatever.....you are FOS..... and just trying to start an arguement.

If hoc would have been so bad, they would have put hamilton back in, and not cut him so quickly this year, rather than having Hoc play out the year.

Hamilton was beat like a drum BADLY before being replaced.

Hamilton is starting in Seattle because their o-line was worse than ours, same that Wiggman is starting in KC

Jamal isn't 348. He was listed there for years in San Diego, but in the 2009 offseason he slimmed down to 325 in order to ease the burden on his creaky joints.

Unfortunately, it rendered him ineffective against the run and did nothing to prevent the triceps tear he suffered in week 1 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBassett View Post
    Nice that they're bigger. But are they better?

McBean < Holliday
    J. Williams > R. Fields
    J. Bannan > K. Petersen

Ayers < Dumervil
    D. Williams = D. Williams
    Haggan ? Davis
    Hunter ? Haggan

I think the run D last year was bad mainly because we didn't shed blocks and didn't tackle well.

If those problems haven't been addressed, we'll still have some trouble defending the run.

Last year our linebackers didn't cover well. If that hasn't been addressed, and we don't find some new pass rushers, we'll have trouble defending the pass, too.
    If you are referencing these players in terms of run defense then Ayers > Dumervil

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBassett View Post
    Nice that they're bigger. But are they better?

McBean < Holliday
    J. Williams > R. Fields
    J. Bannan > K. Petersen

Ayers < Dumervil
    D. Williams = D. Williams
    Haggan ? Davis
    Hunter ? Haggan

I think the run D last year was bad mainly because we didn't shed blocks and didn't tackle well.

If those problems haven't been addressed, we'll still have some trouble defending the run.

Last year our linebackers didn't cover well. If that hasn't been addressed, and we don't find some new pass rushers, we'll have trouble defending the pass, too.
    youre comparing the wrong people
    McBean was the starter last year, but by several accounts he has improved a lot this year
    so is this year's McBean better than last year's McBean?
    prolly

Also Ayers doesnt play Doom's spot, he is taking over Haggans old spot
    so the question is Ayers a better SOLB than Haggan?
    I think he is but we will just have to wait and see

so we have a downgrade with Hunter/Moss for Doom, and we dont have a lineman at the moment that has shown the passrush ability that Holliday showed, but those are downgrades in the pash rush

as far as run defense we did add a lot of size and strength, so that should not be any worse

Seattle is running a ZBS. Hamilton is a good fit there.

Hamilton was an exceptional Guard in a zone system, but a below average one in a power blocking system. I'm happy his career is still going and he found a place, but this system was all wrong for him. I also agree with Ownit, he never looked quite right after the concussion. I hope that is all behind him now.

Hamilton is starting there because he fits the scheme. Hochstein got absued time and time again just like Hamilton. He is awful but we still lack depth. Damn, we just signed Chris Clark to be our backup OT. What the hell is that? Also, Hochstein was so "all star" that we drafted 3 offensive linemen to improve interior blocking.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Hamilton is starting there because he fits the scheme. Hochstein got absued time and time again just like Hamilton. He is awful but we still lack depth. Damn, we just signed Chris Clark to be our backup OT. What the hell is that? Also, Hochstein was so "all star" that we drafted 3 offensive linemen to improve interior blocking.
    I didn't say hoc was an all star, i said he looked like an all star compaired to hamilton....

We broke it donw every week last year, i'm not going to go back and dig up all those posts, but am telling you, you are dead wrong.

I agree the intior blocking is was drug the team down, and the guy that came in as a saviour Hoc (it really went down when he got hurt), is now surplanted by new guys. It's a huge improvement.
    Last edited by owninit; 09-07-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Hamilton was an exceptional Guard in a zone system, but a below average one in a power blocking system. I'm happy his career is still going and he found a place, but this system was all wrong for him. I also agree with Ownit, he never looked quite right after the concussion. I hope that is all behind him now.

He was solid in the ZBS, but he REALLY struggled last year with Pass Blocking too, something that he was above average with before the head thing. I wish him nothing but the best in Seattle because he USED to be an animal, but just don't know.

I think the game this Sunday will reveal if all if all the extra mass we added help. We always get pushed around physically by the Jaguars so if we can hold our own then mission accomplished.

hamilton lost his starting spot last week

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
    youre comparing the wrong people
    McBean was the starter last year, but by several accounts he has improved a lot this year
    so is this year's McBean better than last year's McBean?
    prolly

Also Ayers doesnt play Doom's spot, he is taking over Haggans old spot
    so the question is Ayers a better SOLB than Haggan?
    I think he is but we will just have to wait and see

so we have a downgrade with Hunter/Moss for Doom, and we dont have a lineman at the moment that has shown the passrush ability that Holliday showed, but those are downgrades in the pash rush

as far as run defense we did add a lot of size and strength, so that should not be any worse
    holliday wasnt that good, if he was so good dont you think we wouldve kept him? mcbean is much better and is a better fit in the 3-4 holliday was just too undersized