Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Chargers @ Chiefs

I for one am a Kansas City fan this coming Monday Night.

NEVER thought I would say that, but after watching the struggle between the Saints and Vikings tonight, it simply reminded me why this game can change in the blink of an eye, how anything can and will happen and how much we love to watch it unfold.

Both of you are our enemies. No doubt. But as I said before,,, the lesser of the two evils come Monday is wearing red.

The Raiders have always been our most hated divisional rival until the Chargers started smacking us around these past few years. That makes me grumpy.

Good Luck Chiefs?

Smack down that Rivers dude and all his friends.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

GO CHIEFS GO!!!!!

Wish you guys luck this sunday.

This is Matt's showcase game IMO.

This is his opportunity to prove he's going to be the KC QB on the National stage. If he falls flat on his face, then the Chiefs will have a long season and decisions to make.

Remember what started the Cutler fiasco in Denver when Josh started the talks with Cassel to bring him to the Broncos. The rest is National Enquirer news by now.

Coach McD saw something in Matt and I believed in him too when we all watched what he did in New England when Brady went down.

This really is Cassel's night to prove if he is worthy of being a Chief for a long time coming or whether he is now considered a possible backup elsewhere. This really should be an entertaining and educational game for our entire division to see how this all goes down.

Facing the Bolts is a big challenge right off the bat and will put somebody in the loss column immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Facing the Bolts is a big challenge right off the bat and will put somebody in the loss column immediately.
    Then we can't lose

I just think that KC is going to be a run first team this year. I think Cassel is a serviceable QB but I really don't see him ever breaching the top echelons of the QB ranks as far as production is concerned. I think if he finishes the game without any INT's, keeps sacks down to a minimum by moving well in the pocket, and leaves without injury, we should consider it a good day for the guy.

We have to remember that what Cassel did with a stacked pats team is not something he is necessarily going to be capable of doing with KC while they are still in the process of trying to build a team around him. If he doesn't have a career day on MNF, I don't think KC should start thinking replacement just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    We have to remember that what Cassel did with a stacked pats team is not something he is necessarily going to be capable of doing with KC while they are still in the process of trying to build a team around him. If he doesn't have a career day on MNF, I don't think KC should start thinking replacement just yet.
    Very good points here.

But how patient are the tomahawk choppers going to be?

There is no question that their lines are a few folks short of what they used to be but if Matt can scramble in a 3rd and long and get a 1st, the cheers and expectations may be put all on his shoulders.

I guess the million dollar question is he prepared for it and can he handle that?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Very good points here.

But how patient are the tomahawk choppers going to be?

There is no question that their lines are a few folks short of what they used to be but if Matt can scramble in a 3rd and long and get a 1st, the cheers and expectations may be put all on his shoulders.

I guess the million dollar question is he prepared for it and can he handle that?
    Id say the patience of KC as a "rebuilding" team is probably waning, but just by virtue of the contract Cassel has, they will be forced to give him every opportunity to make right by them and start really making things happen and produce.

The guy who will be getting the spotlight in KC this year IMO however will be Jamaal Charles. He will provide the excitement for the KC fans and provide them a player to latch onto. Hopefully for their sake, Cassel can catch up to that. Ultimately they are still a very young team overall but the expectations will probably start increasing quickly by next year.

I think that this year, and this game will have the microscope pointed at their new coordinators, Weis and Crennel. The expectations for these two seem to have been set the highest in KC IMO.

Rebuilt stadium, sold out crowd, and the spotlight of Monday Night Football. These things combined with Chargers having 0 pass rush and and a childish mentality mean I think both teams have a 50/50 shot a winning.

Deciding factors will be SD run defense, KC TE play, and of course turnovers. Will be interesting to see what the Chiefs are packing. I would have liked to have seen the Chiefs draft more line meat before playmakers, but we'll see what my opinion counts for on Monday night.

I'm excited, good luck Chiefs.

I think the Chargers come out to make a statement in this game. The Chargers have been notorious slow starters and the media and fans alike have somewhat bashed them for it. The perception has been that they just don't care too much early on. I think Rivers has the Chargers jacked up for this game and tries to make a statement that this is a more dedicated Charger team. Just my gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I think the Chargers come out to make a statement in this game. The Chargers have been notorious slow starters and the media and fans alike have somewhat bashed them for it. The perception has been that they just don't care too much early on. I think Rivers has the Chargers jacked up for this game and tries to make a statement that this is a more dedicated Charger team. Just my gut feeling.
    I'd sure like to see it.

I never thought of the slow starts as a lack of will, more that they were rusty or just weren't really pushed and polished in TC.

Then again I've never been to see a Charger TC, so I'm all talk on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
    Rebuilt stadium, sold out crowd, and the spotlight of Monday Night Football. These things combined with Chargers having 0 pass rush and and a childish mentality mean I think both teams have a 50/50 shot a winning.

Deciding factors will be SD run defense, KC TE play, and of course turnovers. Will be interesting to see what the Chiefs are packing. I would have liked to have seen the Chiefs draft more line meat before playmakers, but we'll see what my opinion counts for on Monday night.

I'm excited, good luck Chiefs.
    KC's TE play?? Why do you think that will be a deciding factor??

We are always hard to beat at hom, so as long as Derrick Johnson plays at ILB
    we have a shot. I think it all depends on how the right side of the OL plays and
    if Cassel can get the ball out to Dwayne Bowe.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post

we have a shot. I think it all depends on how the right side of the OL plays and
    Good play from your TE's will win this game for you. Both from blocking help and receiving. Tight ends tend to have big games when they play the Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post

Not last year you weren't. Weren't the Chiefs 1-7 at home last season? Actually, looking at your recent record, you guys have won 4 home games in 3 years. Wow... sorry.

Yeah, I am worried about Dwayne Bowe. He always seems to beat Quentin Jammer for some reason. But if you are gonna win this game, it will be by outplaying the Chargers at the line of scrimmage. The matchups to watch are Hali versus Dombrowski, and your offensive line versus the Chargers motley crew of situational DLinemen. The Chargers will try to establish the run from the start. If your crowd fires up your defense and shuts down the Chargers running game, you have a big advantage. Well, at least until Rivers gets into his groove.

It seems like the Chargers have the idea that if they blitz Cassel a lot, he will make mistakes. That was certainly the case the last 3 times the Chargers have played him (I counted the Chargers 30-10 shellacking of the Patriots in 2008). I wonder how Weis is going to try to counter the safety and cornerback blitzes that the Chargers like to throw in.

it comes down to defense, will KC's defense be able to contain the chargers offense? the chargers will have a decent chance to come back in this game if they need to.

but if the chargers get any kind of decent lead i think its pretty much over. the chiefs will need to grind out a win with their running game and stay ahead the whole game, keeping the ball out of rivers' hands.

i am not sure if the KC defense will be up to the task but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerbomb View Post
    I wonder how Weis is going to try to counter the safety and cornerback blitzes that the Chargers like to throw in.
    I think Tony Moeaki and Dexter McCluster are gonna have big roles if the Chiefs pull a win out of the hat.

This game is already heating up amongst those Chiefs and Chargers.

We Bronco fans just sit back and watch one of them join our 1-0 or 0-1.

Going to be interesting right off the bat!