Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Chiefs Uniform Update Concept

I did this last year. With the topic of the Chargers uniforms on their part of this board, I mentioned that the Chiefs are in dire need of an update. Here's what I came up with.

Sorry but I don't like the arrowhead with the jagged edges...the arrowhead looks good the way it is and will never be changed..I happen to like their uniforms that they have had for years...not trying to be offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by KCLadyFan View Post
    Sorry but I don't like the arrowhead with the jagged edges...the arrowhead looks good the way it is and will never be changed..I happen to like their uniforms that they have had for years...not trying to be offensive.

Yea, most fans like their teams uniforms no matter what. When they've had something like that for so long, they have a hard time thinking they could change.

The current logo looks sloppy and outdated. Seeing as it's my profession to notice these kinds of things, I can see what's truly traditional, and what's outdated. I can also see what's over done and terrible (Bengals, Bills).

The new Arrowhead actually looked cool.

Chiefs & Raiders, while old, should stay the same IMO. They're both pretty nice and I'm not even a big fan of red either.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    Chiefs & Raiders, while old, should stay the same IMO. They're both pretty nice and I'm not even a big fan of red either.

I disagree... I think each needs an update. The Chiefs more than the Raiders though. As much as I'm not a Raiders fan, their uniforms are pretty good as is, i would just add an alternate logo, update the helmet logo a little, and give the numbers outlines. That's all I'd do to the Raiders.

i think they'e fine how they are, everyone always wants to go changing stuff

they're fine

Quote Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
    Yea, most fans like their teams uniforms no matter what. When they've had something like that for so long, they have a hard time thinking they could change.

The current logo looks sloppy and outdated. Seeing as it's my profession to notice these kinds of things, I can see what's truly traditional, and what's outdated. I can also see what's over done and terrible (Bengals, Bills).
    The current logo is the Chiefs...they are known all around the NFL by that logo.The one you made is NOT the Chiefs.

I respect your opinion but that's just what it is...your opinion.I agree with the Raiders fan and jc.

Quote Originally Posted by KCLadyFan View Post
    The current logo is the Chiefs...they are known all around the NFL by that logo.The one you made is NOT the Chiefs.

I respect your opinion but that's just what it is...your opinion.I agree with the Raiders fan and jc.
    Just like from 1968-1996 the Broncos "D" logo was the Broncos? Things change.

Look at the Falcons, Cardinals, Seahawks, Buccaneers and Lions just to name a few.

I remember everyone being up in arms when the Broncos changed their logo and uniforms, and I was one of them. Now the majority likes them, and they were even voted the #2 NFL Uniform on ESPN by UniWatch (fan poll voting).

My point is, everything has a time where it needs to be updated and brought into the modern era. We're not still using beta max tapes, vinyl records and manual typewriters today.

Our jerseys were also voted the worst in the NFL a couple years ago.

though i thought that was preposterous...

but nice stuff man, you did great on em, i just didn't like the goldness much...

Quote Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
    Just like from 1968-1996 the Broncos "D" logo was the Broncos? Things change.

Look at the Falcons, Cardinals, Seahawks, Buccaneers and Lions just to name a few.

I remember everyone being up in arms when the Broncos changed their logo and uniforms, and I was one of them. Now the majority likes them, and they were even voted the #2 NFL Uniform on ESPN by UniWatch (fan poll voting).

My point is, everything has a time where it needs to be updated and brought into the modern era. We're not still using beta max tapes, vinyl records and manual typewriters today.
    Just about all those teams have had better success with the new unis

Want to get better?

Update your unis

The jersey concepts are pretty cool actually but I agree with KCL that the jagged arrowhead is too much. The original is fine the way it was.

I've always admired the KC look as original as it is. They should stick with it.

We Broncos made a major change but ours was graphic enough. Now it's more basic like KC's is. A horse head.

I didn't mind our original look but the year we changed it we won the Super Bowl.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    The jersey concepts are pretty cool actually but I agree with KCL that the jagged arrowhead is too much. The original is fine the way it was.

I've always admired the KC look as original as it is. They should stick with it.

We Broncos made a major change but ours was graphic enough. Now it's more basic like KC's is. A horse head.

I didn't mind our original look but the year we changed it we won the Super Bowl.
    Maybe we should change it again and we will win the Super Bowl once or twice more.

But regarding the uniform concept, I like it a lot except for the yellow in the arrowhead. Just not feeling it really. It might be just that I don't like yellow all the much but I think the logo would be better being all white like the current one but with the jagged edges. But overall, really nice work and thanks for sharing. I love this stuff.

They could go the all red on home jerseys like we do with the all blue.

Nah... I hate our all blues and the all red might be a bit much.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

I wouldn't mind seeing the uniform tops being changed a bit. The plain, all red
    is way outdated in the NFL now days and is probably the most bland in the NFL...

But the logo better stay as is.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^