Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    Honestly it doesn't matter to me. This will be hanging over them all year and I will be a little more tolerant of disinterest and poor play. I just hate this for the McKinley family so much.
    I agree 110%... Something like this really puts football into perspective that its just a game.

I could care less if we get beat by 75 points this Sunday because i know what these guys are going through... Losing a friend and a brother is something that is going to stick with these guys for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by d-bronx42 View Post
    I agree 110%... Something like this really puts football into perspective that its just a game.

I could care less if we get beat by 75 points this Sunday because i know what these guys are going through... Losing a friend and a brother is something that is going to stick with these guys for a long time.
    And I agree 120%. Especially for the guys who've been on the team for a long time like Champ. They had to go through Darrent and Damien's death, and now Kenny's. That's not easy.

JasusCutler and d-bronx42 sum it up for me.

Thinking: I wonder how the game will go?...who cares...

For a guy like me it would probably have an effect on my attitude and performance. For guys like the Broncos it all changes when they step onto the field.

It will be a good game even if we lose, I'm confident of how we match up for the most part. It will very bittersweet if we win.

Thoughts and prayers to the McKinley's.

As an Indianapolis Colts Fan I want to express my sympathy to the Broncos, their Fans and the Mckinley Family. I know we will get their best game Sunday. We will all be playing in his memory. Go Broncos and give us Hell!!

Quote Originally Posted by on2 View Post

For a guy like me it would probably have an effect on my attitude and performance. For guys like the Broncos it all changes when they step onto the field.

It will be a good game even if we lose, I'm confident of how we match up for the most part. It will very bittersweet if we win.

Thoughts and prayers to the McKinley's.
    The more I think about it, the more I think it will be an extreme longshot to even play a competitive game. I'd like to think they'll put on a great game to honor their fallen teammate. But I think what's more likely is that they won't have a good week of practice, which will of course carry through to gameday and the game will be thoroughly out of reach by halftime.

This will be a week of reflection, not one of strong practicing and preparation. And they will be playing one of the best teams in the league that you need to spend extra time in gameplanning and preparation to beat. I will accept that if we get embarrassed on Sunday, it's not indicative of the team's actual capabilities.

And I agree with the OP, this belongs in GD because I believe it will have a direct impact on what takes place on the field.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

My personal feelings on this, and I apologize if some people disagree with me and that's okay, but I honestly think it makes the victories and losses a bit less important to be honest. The life of a human being in comparison to the results of a game played by men is far more important. Now, it would be a fitting tribute to K Mac if they won for him, but in the end, win or lose, he's in a better place but we're saddened for the loss. In the end, I just hope that no one else on the team goes into a state of depression as a result, similar to what happened to Javon Walker after D-Will died.

Also, and I know they said it, but I really do hope that the team backs up what Josh said and takes care of that boy. Life is going to be tougher for him due to not having his father around. Yes, I'm sure they'll make sure financially that he's set, but money isn't everything, and certainly cannot replace the love that his father would have shown him. I hope some of the players and staff on the team make it a point to help the family in intangible ways beyond just money. I know what a class act Pat is, so I'm sure they will.

On my first day of college, I was waiting for my parents to come pick me up after class and was really irritated about the fact that they were taking too damn long. When they finally showed up an hour late, I started complaining and asking why they took so long. Turns out my great grandfather decided he had dealt enough with the pain of his cancer and the resulting treatments and put a gun into his mouth and took his life. The shock of that silenced me for the rest of the car ride, and a good portion of the day. It made me realize that life is about the time we have and that it is definitely finite. It also made me grow up a little that day and realize that some things just aren't that important, in the grand scheme of things. I hope my Broncos win. But it's kinda tough for me right now to get as excited about the prospect as it was a few days ago.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by on2 View Post

I care!

Geez... I'm sorry the guy killed himself, but every day a soldier dying or an innocent child being killed is a far, far far greater tragedy. So now I'm not supposed to care if the Broncos win or lose every time something bad happens in the world or just every time something bad happens to one of the 140 Broncos players or staff? You people are so freaking dramatic it's insane.

I think they will play better and more inspired football Sunday I hope they

do.

Thank you JustAColtsFan for your condolences:

As an Indianapolis Colts Fan I want to express my sympathy to the Broncos, their Fans and the Mckinley Family. I know we will get their best game Sunday. We will all be playing in his memory. Go Broncos and give us Hell!!
    I hope our team can get through this tragedy and give your Colts a great game on Sunday.

And to broncsx3: You sure have a poor understanding of the things that really matter in life. This is a tragedy and should sadden anyone who cares about the Denver Bronco Organization.

Don't think any of us don't care about how our team plays, but we are just putting it into perspective and considering what REALLY matters, it is just a game but we all want our Broncos to get through it and play their hearts out and beat the Colts, but at the same time, understand the grief they are going through and the difficulty of focusing during such trials.

I now that when my little brother ended his life, it was very hard to concentrate or be effective at much of anything for a while. If you had a heart and had ever experienced the loss of someone you loved, you would understand the sentiments being represented.

Geez... I'm sorry the guy killed himself, but every day a soldier dying or an innocent child being killed is a far, far far greater tragedy. So now I'm not supposed to care if the Broncos win or lose every time something bad happens in the world or just every time something bad happens to one of the 140 Broncos players or staff? You people are so freaking dramatic it's insane.
    Remember the Drive January 11, 1987
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bone thrown at me during the Drive
    at Bar in Columbus Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by broncopuppy View Post
    And to broncsx3: You sure have a poor understanding of the things that really matter in life. This is a tragedy and should sadden anyone who cares about the Denver Bronco Organization.

Don't think any of us don't care about how our team plays, but we are just putting it into perspective and considering what REALLY matters, it is just a game but we all want our Broncos to get through it and play their hearts out and beat the Colts, but at the same time, understand the grief they are going through and the difficulty of focusing during such trials.

I now that when my little brother ended his life, it was very hard to concentrate or be effective at much of anything for a while. If you had a heart and had ever experienced the loss of someone you loved, you would understand the sentiments being represented.
    The guy said "who cares if Denver Wins?"

Because anyone with a "heart" that has ever experienced a love one dying should stop caring about football which doesn't matter, right?

Sorry, I still really, really care if Denver wins. I have a heart, people in my family I loved have died, my uncle killed himself, etc. etc.... and yet I still care about a stupid, meaningless football game.

God forbid! It's hard to care about every single stranger that kills himself, man. It really is. I see people on here talking about being depressed for months! How on Earth can we go through life getting depressed everytime something bad happens in the world... you'd literally have to stop turning on the tv, reading the paper or using the Internet.

I made this post because I wanted to talk about how my Denver Broncos would do Sunday in light of one of their players killing himself. It got moved to this memorial section by the Mods (I think foolishly so). I would prefer the guy was still alive, but if I'm being honest with myself I just don't have enough "heart" to care about a stranger that I honestly didn't even know was still on our roster. That you can stop caring about wins and losses and meaningless football games is great... I'm just not built that way.

If we were all being really honest with ourselves, I'd bet a good sum I'm in the majority. Maybe that doesn't say much about Broncos fans or society as a whole, but I think that's the truth.

Anyway, I'll be rooting for Denver come Sunday while you mourn like a good person should be.

Go Broncos!