Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How does death affect Broncos Sunday

Going into one of the hardest games of the season I can't help but wonder how focused the Broncos can possibly be on preparing for the Colts. Surely their minds will be elsewhere all week and i assume they will miss practice time for a funeral. Hopefully they play inspired football in memory of their lost teammate.

You can't help but think about it, but I think it will make them play a little better. Many of them have been through it, and I think Williams and Bailey will keep them in high spirits.

Why the Hell did the mods move this thread? It was about the Broncos and their performance Sunday, not about the guy that died. Dumb.I

Because we want it all in one place if it even remotely has anything to do with Kenny. Someone might be interested to look back and see how people cared about him one day.

If you have questions about something the staff does, try sending a PM so they might actually see it. There are over 3 million posts on this board, and about 8 mods (or so). If you actually wanted an answer, you'd probably PM a mod to get that answer rather than leaving a needle in a haystack and hoping someone stumbles upon it.

I'm not worried one bit about their practicing. I think they need to attend the funeral and make peace with Kenny's passing, I dont think this will affect our performance one bit. We'll be inspired and adrenaline fueled on the field Sunday, and I think they'll get it done

Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS

I would love for them to play inspired football and play harder for Kenny this Sunday, but in reality it usually doesn't work that way. Last year after Chris Henry died remember the Bengals fell apart, I don't think they won another game after.

I don't know why all these bad things always seem to happen to the Broncos.

I thought about this yesterday and this morning and if anything, we're gonna walk out on that field and play our hearts out. A statement will be made on Invesco Field this week, in honor of our fallen Bronco. I just know it.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

I am keeping my posts about Kenny very short and few (in number).....but as for the game, one never knows how such a tragedy can impact a group. Sometimes people are more inspired and it shows in the performance; sometimes they run out of energy, or even realize that a game is just a game, even though they have all their focus on doing their best for their comrade.

So.......one never knows. But it won't be due to a lack of inspiration, love and caring.

all we have to do is look back a few years to see how the team responded to the loss of DW and DN. I think the those 2 tragedies are often overlooked in retrospect to how quickly this team fell apart.

Well since the guy wasnt really a part of the team this year maybe it won't be as bad. Not like they will constantly be reminded of him evertime they run a wr drill or anything.

I know our next game is going to be rather hard to play because of Kenny's death, but I'm sure Kenny would want our Broncos to give their best effort on the field, win or lose.

It's going to difficult for the players and staff. Keeping your head up and move foward and always have Kenny in your hearts. I know Kenny wanted his teammates to beat the colts at home, lets do it for Kenny, #11.
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JCJE View Post
    all we have to do is look back a few years to see how the team responded to the loss of DW and DN. I think the those 2 tragedies are often overlooked in retrospect to how quickly this team fell apart.
    I don't think we can know what real effect those two deaths had on this team. They both happened after the season ended. Darrent certainly had some impact as he was becoming a good part of this team but as far as how emotions were effected I think it's just speculative. Well except for Javon Walker. We all know he was never the same after.
    Go America....Go Broncos

We will play our hearts out, for Kenny.

Honestly it doesn't matter to me. This will be hanging over them all year and I will be a little more tolerant of disinterest and poor play. I just hate this for the McKinley family so much.