Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    i think there is fault on all sides. That being said from what i have read AJ is the one holding it back. He is asking for a 2nd and 3rd round pick which is ludicrous.

VJ is not a top 5 WR and that seems a little bit steep for VJ. Also considering VJ is one slip up from a much longer suspension.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

a 2nd and a 2012 3rd is about the right compensation for VJ. The problem is the timing. I feel like AJ should have seen this coming and tried to deal Jackson earlier, before teams had set their rosters.

I doubt you will see AJ let a quality player go for significantly less than he is worth even if the player is a huge headache. I know the Steelers let Santonio go for a 5th right after his suspension, but AJ doesn't operate like that. It is not good business to allow yourself to get forced into a poor trade.

It will be very interesting to see how the new CBA shakes out. If it becomes clear that VJ might be a restricted free agent again next season, we may just see him report in week 7. Crazier things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerbomb View Post
    a 2nd and a 2012 3rd is about the right compensation for VJ. The problem is the timing. I feel like AJ should have seen this coming and tried to deal Jackson earlier, before teams had set their rosters.

I doubt you will see AJ let a quality player go for significantly less than he is worth even if the player is a huge headache. I know the Steelers let Santonio go for a 5th right after his suspension, but AJ doesn't operate like that. It is not good business to allow yourself to get forced into a poor trade.

It will be very interesting to see how the new CBA shakes out. If it becomes clear that VJ might be a restricted free agent again next season, we may just see him report in week 7. Crazier things have happened.
    oh i didnt realize the third was going to be in 2012. It makes more sense although anquan got traded for a 3rd and 4th and i think is at the same level as VJ. With that like you said VJ should have been traded at a better time. I hope he gets traded to i drafted him in the 11th round of fantasy football haha
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Between Jackson's off field problems and his agent firing shots at the Chargers through the media, they're a match made in heaven with the maturity level. Maybe Jackson will hire a real professional someday.

Its really a shame, and I wonder if Jackson could turn back time, would he have done this all the same way?
    Last edited by Letsgobolts; 10-17-2010 at 04:29 PM.

way to much reference the santonio Holmes trade. that was a good deal for the jets yes, but the difference is i bet if they couldn't find some one to trade for him, they would have released him. to be honest at this point VJ is worth a 3rd 2011 and a conditional third in 2012 that could be come a first with a pro-bowl appearence. a second with more tehn ten TD and 750 yards recieving.

The Chargers need Jackson more than ever now with Gates likely out for a while and both Floyd and Naanee hobbled with hamstring pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerbomb View Post
    The Chargers need Jackson more than ever now with Gates likely out for a while and both Floyd and Naanee hobbled with hamstring pulls.
    for sure but AJ's ego will never allow it lol

the only chance is if/when VJ reports like mcneil did.