Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Eric Decker?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by golota View Post
    I guess its ok to use the D word on this site? Where are the mods? Anyways, Knowshon's lack of production (0 100 yd games) is ALWAYS the fault of the line. Right? Last season,Buck averaged over 5 yds per carry behind that line while KNOWHSON could only average 3.8.
    how about this year (you know the year that is current) . . . hows everyones avg knomo, lomo, and buck? . . . not to mention knowshon was our short yardage back on goal line and 3-1/3-2 plays, your avg goes down when thats your job, he also had a lot more carries, usually the more you get the fewer your avg will be

    its pretty clear the problem is the line and like i said open your eyes

    really calling the mods? really your offended by the word damn . . . its not against coc thus its not edited
    Last edited by SBboundBRONCOS; 09-30-2010 at 09:56 AM.
    -------

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    32

    Oh My God!!

    Seriously People, we have 4 recievers with over 100 yards receiving, not to mention multiple looks at Daniel Graham and Knowshon ...

    There just isn't room for Decker right now, esecially with the productivity we are currently receiving from the WR corps.

    Brandon LLoyd was inactive almost all of last year, and now is a huge contributor this year, seems reasonable to me, that Decker could now be in a similiar pattern.

    Decker was good in college, decent in pre-season (against the 2's & 3's now playing defense in the UFL & CFL) but no one has seen him go against the 1's except for the coaching staff. Decker was initially on Special Teams, but has since been removed (although I'm not sure why exactly, I have an idea)

    Willis has looked good and earned every opportunity to get on the field as the #5, he has been consistent on both Special Teams and the opportunites he has been given to get in the game on offense. He had a great catch last week late in the game to move the sticks in traffic.

    so ... let's just move on, shall we, instead of crying over a Rookie who is #6 on the Depth Chart and not contributing to Special Teams, at this point, the only reason he is on the roster is because he was a relatively high draft pick this year ... Don't get me wrong, I really like Decker, I followed him Closely in College & he was one of the players I was rooting for in the draft, and I jumped out of my seat with excitement when we got him, but ... Lets keep it REAL folks, for once please ....
    JohnnyK ... Keepin it Live 24/7 >> 365!!


    :go::go:

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by golota View Post
    IMO, Decker is extremely talented as I followed him in college. If not for his senior season injury, he could have been the most talented WR's in the country.

    But our coach will likely keep him on the bench all season and eventually he will end up on another team who will DISCOVER his talent, just like Cutler, Sheffler, HILLIS, Marshall, Coach Mike Nolan et al.
    DOnt be surprised if Tebow also wastes away on the pine.

    I am afraid its another losing season watching Knowshon run for 2 yards into the line.
    OMG .. Just leave, please .. ala Cutler, Scheffler, Nolan, Marshall, Hillis .. Go join them elsewhere ... You obviously know nothing about the landscape of the pro game, and you think just because you watched someone in college, that makes you a credible source of information (which it most certainly does not)

    Deckers situation on our team has NOTHING to do with the situations surrounding the former Broncos you mentioned, your argument is fallous and what we in the Real World call a slippery slope. Furthermore, Deckers situation is completely different than Tebow's so again, it's just silly to throw that into your argument.

    Also, I'd like to remind you that Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler & Nolan all WANTED TO LEAVE ... They are big cry-baby's who pout if not catered to first and foremost before the team. Seems like your running a page straight out of their play-book my friend ... Good luck with that, Hopefully we can work out a trade for you too .... :paper:

    PS .. Remember when Cutler's agent said that it was insulting that he was being shopped around because you don't shop "Franchise" Quarterbacks .. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA OMG OMG HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
    JohnnyK ... Keepin it Live 24/7 >> 365!!


    :go::go:

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Seriously People, we have 4 recievers with over 100 yards receiving, not to mention multiple looks at Daniel Graham and Knowshon ...

    There just isn't room for Decker right now, esecially with the productivity we are currently receiving from the WR corps.

    Brandon LLoyd was inactive almost all of last year, and now is a huge contributor this year, seems reasonable to me, that Decker could now be in a similiar pattern.

    ...
    Agree. We have an embarrassment of riches at WR. Decker looks like Ed McCaffrey re-born..his route running and receiving style just seems so incredibly similar and he even wears the same jersey number.

    He will get his chances. Right now, WR is just the deepest position on the Broncos, and everyone is playing at a very high level.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    71

    Players left have left or ride the pine

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    OMG .. Just leave, please .. ala Cutler, Scheffler, Nolan, Marshall, Hillis .. Go join them elsewhere ... You obviously know nothing about the landscape of the pro game, and you think just because you watched someone in college, that makes you a credible source of information (which it most certainly does not)

    Deckers situation on our team has NOTHING to do with the situations surrounding the former Broncos you mentioned, your argument is fallous and what we in the Real World call a slippery slope. Furthermore, Deckers situation is completely different than Tebow's so again, it's just silly to throw that into your argument.

    Also, I'd like to remind you that Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler & Nolan all WANTED TO LEAVE ... They are big cry-baby's who pout if not catered to first and foremost before the team. Seems like your running a page straight out of their play-book my friend ... Good luck with that, Hopefully we can work out a trade for you too .... :paper:

    PS .. Remember when Cutler's agent said that it was insulting that he was being shopped around because you don't shop "Franchise" Quarterbacks .. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA OMG OMG HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

    Just ask yourself what are 2010 prospects would be if we still had Cutler at QB, Marshall at WR, Sheffler at TE, Hillis at STARTING RB, and Nolan as Def Coord.
    And we started using Tebow in the wildcat.

    IMO, we would be the favorite to win the division b/c the Chargers arent that good. As it is now, I think we will have a losing season, FOR SURE.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    9,065
    Quote Originally Posted by golota View Post
    Just ask yourself what are 2010 prospects would be if we still had Cutler at QB, Marshall at WR, Sheffler at TE, Hillis at STARTING RB, and Nolan as Def Coord.
    And we started using Tebow in the wildcat.

    IMO, we would be the favorite to win the division b/c the Chargers arent that good. As it is now, I think we will have a losing season, FOR SURE.
    Wow so you think we would've still got Tebow if Cutler was still here? You fail

    Also by the looks of it, we don't need Marshall or Scheffler.
    Last edited by Amari24; 09-30-2010 at 12:34 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by golota View Post
    Just ask yourself what are 2010 prospects would be if we still had Cutler at QB, Marshall at WR, Sheffler at TE, Hillis at STARTING RB, and Nolan as Def Coord.
    And we started using Tebow in the wildcat.

    IMO, we would be the favorite to win the division b/c the Chargers arent that good. As it is now, I think we will have a losing season, FOR SURE.
    HOLY BALLS man, you are SO DENSE!! I don't need to ask myself anything about any of those guys ....

    1. Cutler - WANTED TO LEAVE
    2. Marshall - WANTED TO LEAVE
    3. Scheffler - WANTED TO LEAVE
    4. Nolan - WANTED TO LEAVE

    So, it's completely irrelevent what I "think" we would look like with these guys here, because THEY DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE!!!! YOU NEED TO GRASP THIS FACT!!! THEY DID NOT WANT TO BE DENVER BRONCOS, AND THEY DON'T WANT YOU OR ME AS A FAN!!!

    Peyton Hillis is the one player I will grant you a little slack on, he has a great work ethic, attitude, and just wanted to contribute. HOWEVER ... during the Mcdaniels tenure, he did NOT make the most of the opportunities he was given, Spencer Larson has proved to be the more versatile player (in all 3 phases of the game) and Josh felt like he (Hillis) did not match our system with our current roster of players. I would like to add, that although Hillis has dazzled us, he has NEVER won the starting RB position due to out-right talent, he has only been given opportunites due to injury. Including when Shannahan was still the coach, and currently in Cleveland. That should tell you something, and we traded him for a former #1 pick at a SKILL POSITION (regardless of your personal feelings on Quinn, I feel he can be a very servicable back-up to KO) which, on paper and in theory, was a trade up.

    As far as Tebow in the Wildcat ... He is a QB, so it technically wouldn't be Wildcat, that would change it to the "Option", and I don't know if you watched the Jacksonville game, but uh ..... it wasn't exactly succesfull there buddy, and I don't want Tebow taking HUGE shots like in pre-season ....

    You need to re-group, say goodbye to your lovers and embrace the Denver Broncos current roster of players. Stop living in the past, and realize it's a business, not a fraternity ..... The landscape changes, the coaches change, the scheme changes and so do the performances from week to week. So, you need to change your tune ....
    JohnnyK ... Keepin it Live 24/7 >> 365!!


    :go::go:

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    71

    What IF

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    HOLY BALLS man, you are SO DENSE!! I don't need to ask myself anything about any of those guys ....

    1. Cutler - WANTED TO LEAVE
    2. Marshall - WANTED TO LEAVE
    3. Scheffler - WANTED TO LEAVE
    4. Nolan - WANTED TO LEAVE

    So, it's completely irrelevent what I "think" we would look like with these guys here, because THEY DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE!!!! YOU NEED TO GRASP THIS FACT!!! THEY DID NOT WANT TO BE DENVER BRONCOS, AND THEY DON'T WANT YOU OR ME AS A FAN!!!

    Peyton Hillis is the one player I will grant you a little slack on, he has a great work ethic, attitude, and just wanted to contribute. HOWEVER ... during the Mcdaniels tenure, he did NOT make the most of the opportunities he was given, Spencer Larson has proved to be the more versatile player (in all 3 phases of the game) and Josh felt like he (Hillis) did not match our system with our current roster of players. I would like to add, that although Hillis has dazzled us, he has NEVER won the starting RB position due to out-right talent, he has only been given opportunites due to injury. Including when Shannahan was still the coach, and currently in Cleveland. That should tell you something, and we traded him for a former #1 pick at a SKILL POSITION (regardless of your personal feelings on Quinn, I feel he can be a very servicable back-up to KO) which, on paper and in theory, was a trade up.

    As far as Tebow in the Wildcat ... He is a QB, so it technically wouldn't be Wildcat, that would change it to the "Option", and I don't know if you watched the Jacksonville game, but uh ..... it wasn't exactly succesfull there buddy, and I don't want Tebow taking HUGE shots like in pre-season ....

    You need to re-group, say goodbye to your lovers and embrace the Denver Broncos current roster of players. Stop living in the past, and realize it's a business, not a fraternity ..... The landscape changes, the coaches change, the scheme changes and so do the performances from week to week. So, you need to change your tune ....
    I highly doubt all those guys would want to leave if McD was not the coach. But sadly, he is the coach, and will continue to run Moreno into the line for 2 yards a pop and keep guys like Tebow and Decker on the bench (give them the Hillis treatment) So I cant live in the past anymore and accept the fact McD is the coach and can only wait thru a losing season until he is replaced.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by golota View Post
    I highly doubt all those guys would want to leave if McD was not the coach. But sadly, he is the coach, and will continue to run Moreno into the line for 2 yards a pop and keep guys like Tebow and Decker on the bench (give them the Hillis treatment) So I cant live in the past anymore and accept the fact McD is the coach and can only wait thru a losing season until he is replaced.
    how is he giving them the hillis treatment lmao, hillis earned the bench here, in the case of tebow/ decker there are simply people better than them playing


    you dont have any idea what youre talking about man

    also why dont you just hope for McD to be successful . . . why wish for failure so hes gone sooo stupid
    Last edited by SBboundBRONCOS; 09-30-2010 at 01:28 PM.
    -------

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    71

    hillis

    Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    how is he giving them the hillis treatment lmao, hillis earned the bench here, in the case of tebow/ decker there are simply people better than them playing


    you dont have any idea what youre talking about man

    Why do some posters insist on insulting others rather than making a rational point? I guess its the easy thing to do.

    Anyway, "Hillis earned the bench?????" I thought in 2008 he was outstanding by running for over 5 ypc, scoring tds, catching passes and just carrying the team. How did he earn the bench thru that performance or how could he prove anything to McD by getting only a handful of carries in all of 2009? Dont say its because he fumble a kickoff in preseason. I believe MORENO fumbled a lot more and is still first string.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,326
    Quote Originally Posted by golota View Post
    Why do some posters insist on insulting others rather than making a rational point? I guess its the easy thing to do.

    Anyway, "Hillis earned the bench?????" I thought in 2008 he was outstanding by running for over 5 ypc, scoring tds, catching passes and just carrying the team. How did he earn the bench thru that performance or how could he prove anything to McD by getting only a handful of carries in all of 2009? Dont say its because he fumble a kickoff in preseason. I believe MORENO fumbled a lot more and is still first string.
    He didn't fumble in the preseason, it was in the very first game of the season. And his blocking was poor and McD didn't see him as a RB, he saw him as a FB/h-back. Since he doesn't block well we didn't have a need for him

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    71

    McD

    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    He didn't fumble in the preseason, it was in the very first game of the season. And his blocking was poor and McD didn't see him as a RB, he saw him as a FB/h-back. Since he doesn't block well we didn't have a need for him
    So I guess that means that McD is an extremely POOR judge of talent for not
    recognizing Hillis' running and receiving talents? Not a good sign for the team future.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    32

    This is the one that broke my back Golota ...

    Quote Originally Posted by golota View Post
    So I guess that means that McD is an extremely POOR judge of talent for not
    recognizing Hillis' running and receiving talents? Not a good sign for the team future.
    You are now OFFICIALLY on my ignore list, I just can't justify wasting any more of my life reading your idiocy ... I strongly urge the rest of Broncoland to do the same, why would you even post here, your clearly CLEARLY not rational, or a Denver Bronco Fan

    Good Day Sir
    JohnnyK ... Keepin it Live 24/7 >> 365!!


    :go::go:

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    71

    McD Reality

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    You are now OFFICIALLY on my ignore list, I just can't justify wasting any more of my life reading your idiocy ... I strongly urge the rest of Broncoland to do the same, why would you even post here, your clearly CLEARLY not rational, or a Denver Bronco Fan

    Good Day Sir
    Reality Sucks doesnt it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •