Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

True fans are not satisfied losing games.

I just don't like how this team has played the last couple of years. And I think were starting to become the Cleveland Browns and the Lions. Some of the fans are just happy that the game is close, that's not good enough. When you become satisfied with losing, it's a problem. 3-10! 3-10 !!!!!!!!!! is not a good thing. People say that it's a new year, but same results.

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    I just don't like how this team has played the last couple of years. And I think were starting to become the Cleveland Browns and the Lions. Some of the fans are just happy that the game is close, that's not good enough. When you become satisfied with losing, it's a problem. 3-10! 3-10 !!!!!!!!!! is not a good thing. People say that it's a new year, but same results.
    What is this 3-10 crap you are spewing? Last time I looked this team is only 1-2...
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    What is this 3-10 crap you are spewing? Last time I looked this team is only 1-2...
    1-2 this year but 3-10 since going 6-0 in 09.

Quote Originally Posted by jwood View Post
    1-2 this year but 3-10 since going 6-0 in 09.
    That's an arbitrary cutoff point. Unless you're trying to be nothing but negative. How about the Broncos are 9-10 since McD took over and about to get back to .500 this week?
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

Anderson county Tennessee (near Knoxville)
    I would agree with the 9-10 statement. We do need this win against Tennessee though.

I don't think there

Is a single fan that is satisfied with losing games. There are some of us though that can see what direction this team is headed in.

We can see an identity beginning to form for this team, and where the future looks brighter.

Football is very much like Chess you plan your strategies, make your moves, and in the end hope for the checkmate. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

Most of the moves being made by Josh should make us a powerhouse in the NFL for years to come. He is actually making better moves than I have seen any coach make(since I have been a fan) clear back to Red Miller.

People keep complaining and becoming the Patriots west, I think that is a bit over the top. What, pray tell would be so wrong with having the kind of team like New England was and to some extent still is.

Patience my young padawan, all things will make themselves known in time.
    Last edited by tacmale; 09-29-2010 at 04:24 AM. Reason: fix error
    People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    That's an arbitrary cutoff point. Unless you're trying to be nothing but negative. How about the Broncos are 9-10 since McD took over and about to get back to .500 this week?
    I bet it's not arbitrary to Pat Bowlen.

And it's not arbitrary to me. If we started 0-6 last year, then went 10-3 since, I'd have a totally different point of view and would support mcd.

Let's look at the past 33 years and the last 4 Bronco coaches and what got them fired.

Red Miller
    12-2 (first superbowl in team history - loss)
    10-6
    10-6
    8-8
    FIRED by Edgar Kaiser

Dan Reeves last 3 years
    5-11
    12-4
    8-8
    FIRED by Pat Bowlen. Before being fired, Reeves took us to 3 Superbowls.

Wade Phillips
    9-7 (playoffs)
    7-9
    FIRED by Pat Bowlen. Before being head coach, Wade was our defensive coordinator for 2(?) Superbowls.

Mike Shanahan
    9-7
    7-9
    8-8
    FIRED by Pat Bowlen. Won two Superbowls. Took us to AFC champ game before 3 years of being .500. Was assistant or head coach on all 5 Elway Superbowl teams.

mcd
    8-8
    ?

Mcd has ZERO history with the Broncos. Every other coach that was .500 over their last 2-3 seasons was fired by Pat Bowlen, and they ALL had proven more than mcd with the Broncos.

Mcd better start winning. There's no reason he deserves more time than Wade did or the same as Reeves and Shanny had...They earned it.

Mcd better win THIS YEAR or I wouldn't bet on him being back next year...Just look at the accomplishments of the last 3 coaches Pat Bowlen fired.

And with Shanny coaching in DC, it won't cost Bowlen much money to can mcd.

Hmm...

Over his last 19 games, Josh McDaniels is 9-10.

Over HIS last 19 games, Mike Shanahan is 9-10.

Weird, huh?
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

Bud, nobodies happy with a loss...just trying to stay optimistic and there's good reason for doing so.

There is a big difference between being satisfied with losing and, understanding you cant win every game. The reality is, the Bronco's are not yet on a level with the likes of Indy, New Orleans and such, however, the performance shown against Indy shows me this team has the potential with a few tweaks and a few improvements to be as good as those teams. If we work on the scoring in the red zone, can you imagine how many teams we can beat based on the yardage gained? it takes time. We have to accept that.
    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
    Ayrton Senna..

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    True fans don't try to turn every positive about this team into a negative.

True fans love their team and enjoy the positives, while hoping the negatives are resolved by the people paid to address them.

True fans don't don't look for reasons and misconstrue information to validate their doom and gloom statements.

True fans don't hope for the plyer/team/organization to fail so they can be right in a forum.

True fans don't hate their team (through word and deed) when they are down, and love them when they are up.

True fans aren't jumping on and off the bandwagon with W/L's.

True fans tend to be optimisitic, and can recognize and appreciate improvement - while the other's seize on every opportunity to spin improvement's into a "oh yea, well how come we haven't won every game" moment....

True fans have hope and faith for tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Hmm...

Over his last 19 games, Josh McDaniels is 9-10.

Over HIS last 19 games, Mike Shanahan is 9-10.

Weird, huh?
    Did Shanny start out 6-0 too? Becoming only the 3rd team since 1977 to fail to make the playoffs?

IF you fired Shanny for his "Unsuccessful 9-10" and replaced him with a "Better" 9-10....

What change have you made?
    Paroled after 8 long years living in Denver

I relize we have red zone problems this last game(but not so much the second game), but when was the last year the lions or browns put up a 1 dimensional 470 yards passing? Ranked 2nd in the league in total yards, but 30th in rushing yards? Do you know how rediculous that sounds?

If this team find's a way to run the ball, its not gonna be pretty for the rest of the league, until then we will prob be stuck passing 50 times a game....

Quote Originally Posted by TdnDenver View Post
    Did Shanny start out 6-0 too? Becoming only the 3rd team since 1977 to fail to make the playoffs?

IF you fired Shanny for his "Unsuccessful 9-10" and replaced him with a "Better" 9-10....

What change have you made?
    Taking a steadily declinging bottom of the league defense and actually injecting some life into it?

You cant win games with a bottom feeder D that Shanny had "built."

Nobody is satisfied losing games