Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

McDaniels on Hillis

Just listening to an interview with Mcdaniels and Dmack and Al....
    Asked about Hillis by Dmack if he made a mistake, Mcdaniels said that Hillis did not fail and he didn't want to spend alot of time talking about players on other teams.

The Coach then went on rambling about how Peyton is the type of player that if you give him the ball 20-25 times a game, he is going to do well, kinda like the team was doing last year.

Basically, he said that we tried to be that type of team last year and it didnt work out.

What I find hard to understand about that, is he didn't let Hillis run the ball last year when they tried to be that "type of team"

I have always said I didn't understand why the trade was made, but I at least have a little bit better understanding, because he is saying that when they tried to put Hillis in other areas and have him do other things, he didnt fit well.

But again, what I'm trying to understand is where else and what else were they asking him to do?

Also, if you just admitted on this radio show that if you give him the ball that many time he will be successful....why on gods green earth didn't you do that last year when were trying to be "that type of team"

Im with ya Coach....Broncos 4 life here....but dude.......I still just dont understand this Hillis thing!
    Last edited by ParkHill-71; 09-30-2010 at 04:41 PM.
    http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp179/Sean669m2/m_ae5661171089a968d5e7d319920237-1.png

Inb4Roddoliver!!!!!!! Woot lol.

Jk But I think Hillis was traded mostly of the muffed punt that he had at the beginning and the 2nd punt that was fumbled and we got back. He had 2 bad fumbles against the Browns that cost him his career in Denver. It is unfortunate but hey I wish him the best. Smash them in the mouth Hillis!!!!!!!!!

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

im guessing there was a lot that went on behind the scenes that no one outside the team knows of.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by ParkHill-71 View Post
    Just listening to an interview with Mcdaniels and Dmack and Al....
    Asked about Hillis by Dmack if he made a mistake, Mcdaniels said that Hillis did not fail and he didn't want to spend alot of time talking about players on other teams.

The Coach then went on rambling about how Peyton is the type of player that if you give him the ball 20-25 times a game, he is going to do well, kinda like the team was doing last year.

Basically, he said that we tried to be that type of team last year and it didnt work out.

What I find hard to understand about that, is he didn't let Hillis run the ball last year when they tried to be that "type of team"

I have always said I didn't understand why the trade was made, but I at least have a little bit better understanding, becausehe is saying that when they tried to put Hillis in other areas and have him do other things, he didnt fit well.

But again, what I'm trying to understand is where else and what else were they asking him to do?

Also, if you just admitted on this radio show that if you give him the ball that many time he will be successful....why on gods green earth didn't you do that last year when were trying to be "that type of team"

Im with ya Coach....Broncos 4 life here....but dude.......I still just dont understand this Hillis thing!

McD knows he made a mistake. Everyone knows he made a mistake, whether they want to admit it publicly or not. McD didn't give him a chance at RB. He had maybe 13 carries on the year with a 4 yard average. McD tried him at kickoff returner?! That was brilliant. Maybe we should try Champ at LB next and when he fails trade him for a happy meal.

I understand he fumbled.....But just wait until you guys hear the interview.
    I was with him until he said the kid would be successful if you constantly give him the ball and let him go and be physical. I agree with that.

What is weird is he said that they tried to be that team last year.
    He never let Hillis run the ball that much, and if Kyle Orton was hurt or had a gimpy leg, you say that the guy would be a successful runner with the ample touches, you were trying to be that type of a team,

Then why wouldnt you give him the ball......
    http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp179/Sean669m2/m_ae5661171089a968d5e7d319920237-1.png

its cause Mcd doesnt want shanny players....I know he kept a couple yes...but Im sure everyone here knows...so that was a waist of a post i guess...I miss peyton tho
    Learn From Every One...Idolize No One

http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/t...spx?ID=1287599ok its up now....I will listen again....maybe I didnt hear him correctly!

yeah, he didn't exactly give Hillis that chance, but i still think we should be "that" kind of team

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    im guessing there was a lot that went on behind the scenes that no one outside the team knows of.
    I think there may be a lot of truth to that. I don't have the time to go into it right now, but I think there's reason to believe that's spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by bucking bronco View Post
    McD knows he made a mistake. Everyone knows he made a mistake, whether they want to admit it publicly or not. McD didn't give him a chance at RB. He had maybe 13 carries on the year with a 4 yard average. McD tried him at kickoff returner?! That was brilliant. Maybe we should try Champ at LB next and when he fails trade him for a happy meal.
    I think you may be right that he knows. He had better get a better defense of it tho.....To me that didn't make any sense....but again, I have to listen to it again!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    Inb4Roddoliver!!!!!!! Woot lol.

Jk But I think Hillis was traded mostly of the muffed punt that he had at the beginning and the 2nd punt that was fumbled and we got back. He had 2 bad fumbles against the Browns that cost him his career in Denver. It is unfortunate but hey I wish him the best. Smash them in the mouth Hillis!!!!!!!!!
    LOL man like I said in the other thread, I won't talk about Hillis anymore. Let his play do the talking. (final note: he only had 1 fumble as a Bronco)

Peace
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

"We didn't get the best out of him."

I think that pretty much sums it up. I really liked the whole interview interview. We tried to be a downhill running team last season, and while Hillis never got the lead shot, we weren't very effective in that regard. Still like him as a player, but he's just a better fit for Cleveland. They have a good offensive line for him to run behind, and he has earned the starting role. This is good news for him, good news for the Browns, and good news for my fantasy team.

Worst excuse ever, stupidest reason to get rid of a player when he can produce like that.
    Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

we're a pass-first team. there is no way hillis puts up last week's stat line on our team

He is obviously a back that can play.

McD keeps making up crap about him.

Now he has to get 20-30 carries to be effective?
    Game 1 = 9 carries 4.6 avg 1 TD
    Game 2 = 8 carries 4.4 avg 1 TD
    Game 3 = 22 carries 6.5 AVG 1 TD

Btw people keep bringing up the fumble crap in Denver but it is obvious BS because the MANY times people have said he fumbled as a returner not a RB....he NEVER fumbled as a RB while a Bronco. On the play he got hurt on in 2008 I wanted to cry it looked so bad...but he caught the ball and held onto it.

Hillis was not even used when Buck got hurt, Jordan was inactive and Moreno was getting worn down which lead to Moreno missing assignments he usually makes.

We struggled in short yardage in 2009....did Hillis get a shot to help us here? Yea early in the season. We gave him the ball on the 2 and guess what...he scored! Was the blocking perfect? No 3 dudes were one our side of the los before the guy hillis was following picked up one. He powered through the hole and scored. What happened after this...Jordan got carries before Hillis. Brilliant.

Why does McD refuse to just admit he screwed up on this one....

Let me tell you something Coach...it is not the first mistake you made and it is not gonna be the last. Best thing to do is admit you screwed up, learn from your mistake (only possible if you admit you made a mistake in the 1st place) and move on.

If for no other reason coach say it so you do not have to answer damn Hillis questions anymore...really I mean I know he is 34 but sometimes he acts like he is 22.

The fact McD is still using excuses about this now frankly has me worried about his ability to learn from the past.
    Last edited by Hadez; 09-30-2010 at 05:35 PM.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)