Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

There is this notable one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerbomb View Post
    Stephen Cooper got suspended for a "party drug" (I think it was ecstasy) in 2008.

Kevin Ellison got busted with Vicodin and was cut this past offseason.

Besides Merriman and Gregory, I can't think of any other steroid issues with this team. Both Cooper and Castillo got busted for steroids in college, but that was before they were members of the San Diego Chargers.
    http://sports.outsidethebeltway.com/...mes-by-police/

Not steroids but substance abuse and general poor behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    http://sports.outsidethebeltway.com/...mes-by-police/

Not steroids but substance abuse and general poor behavior.
    I remember that, people were pissed at the cop. I think the cop may have even lost his job over it. No good deed goes unpunished.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
    I remember that, people were pissed at the cop. I think the cop may have even lost his job over it. No good deed goes unpunished.
    True, but the cop was kind of a tool.

He was off-duty, not in uniform, driving his own private vehicle, and he ended up chasing down and shooting an unarmed man 3 times in his driveway. Regardless of Foley's actions, there is something wrong with that scenario.

True, but the cop was kind of a tool.

He was off-duty, not in uniform, driving his own private vehicle, and he ended up chasing down and shooting an unarmed man 3 times in his driveway. Regardless of Foley's actions, there is something wrong with that scenario.
    Yeah there is something wrong with that scenario, Foley and his girlfriend doing stupid things. Don't mess with the fuzz, you'll get shot. As Foley himself will tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
    Yeah there is something wrong with that scenario, Foley and his girlfriend doing stupid things. Don't mess with the fuzz, you'll get shot. As Foley himself will tell you.
    The city had to pay out a $5.5 million settlement to Foley as a result of his civil lawsuit, so obviously the fuzz did something wrong there. I'm definitely not defending Foley or his crazy drunken ladyfriend of the evening, but the officer was just as much of an idiot.

Out of respect for Gregory's wishes, Weddle declined to name the drug that caused the positive test.
    "Let me say this: If steroids are in one spot, what Steve tested for is on the opposite end of the spectrum," Weddle said.
    Weddle did, however, explain how the banned substance was unknowingly ingested. According to Weddle, Gregory attended the Aaron's 499 NASCAR race at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway the weekend of April 25 with some friends. During the trip, it is believed that Gregory consumed a drink that was tainted. That occurred shortly before he was randomly drug-tested by the NFL in early May.
    A drug on the list of banned performance-enhancing drugs was discovered, which eventually led to Gregory's suspension. In addition to anabolic steroids, banned performance enhancers include anti-estrogenic agents, diuretics and stimulants including cold medication containing pseudoephedrine, prescription drugs like Adderall, Ritalin and over-the-counter herbs like bitter orange, among others.
    Though Gregory prefers not to disclose the exact substance, Weddle didn't want his friend's name and reputation to be associated with steroids any longer.
    "It's unfortunate that people put that (steroid stigma) on him when they don't really know what's going on," Weddle said. "Hopefully, people will understand that it wasn't anything close to him taking steroids. It was an unlucky situation where he got his drink drugged. Stuff like that happens, and when it does, you're (out of luck)."
    http://www.nctimes.com/sports/footba...88f18c51e.html

Take it fwiw.

What's the opposite of steroids?

Estrogen?

No... that's what Manny did...

Um.... I have another joke here to make... but it's not very appropriate. Not too far over the line... I'd probably let it slide if someone else posted it... but I'm bored and doing my best to set a good example...

Anyway... I'm sure you'll be fine.

Edit: I see they did list some possibilities. Should read the whole thing. I take it with a grain of salt coming from a teammate, but never condemn completely without knowing either.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Opposite of steroids would probably be... tetanus?

thats a toxin that inhibits skeletal muscle...

The city had to pay out a $5.5 million settlement to Foley as a result of his civil lawsuit, so obviously the fuzz did something wrong there. I'm definitely not defending Foley or his crazy drunken ladyfriend of the evening, but the officer was just as much of an idiot.
    Foley and his G/F were both convicted for their charges and the shooting was deemed a good one for the officer. The issue was that he broke policy by pursuing Foley in his own vehicle.

That being said, let it go, you are off duty, call it in, be a good witness.