Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Jackson

Vincent Jackson

I am listen to Pete Prisco here in Jacksonville Florida, and he just mentioned that Vincent Jacksons agent told him that he has NEVER talked to A.J. Smith on the phone or in person. I know some of y'all Charger fans think that A.J. is the best G.M. in the league, but if this is true, it is definately a bone head move by A.J.

If you care to call in and ask Pete about it, here is the number (904) 448-0930. You can also listen to him on 930thefox.com. Pete lives here in Jax, so most of the discussions are about the Jags. But if you call in, he will definately discuss the Chargers with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    I am listen to Pete Prisco here in Jacksonville Florida, and he just mentioned that Vincent Jacksons agent told him that he has NEVER talked to A.J. Smith on the phone or in person. I know some of y'all Charger fans think that A.J. is the best G.M. in the league, but if this is true, it is definately a bone head move by A.J.

If you care to call in and ask Pete about it, here is the number (904) 448-0930. You can also listen to him on 930thefox.com. Pete lives here in Jax, so most of the discussions are about the Jags. But if you call in, he will definately discuss the Chargers with you.
    AJ rarely deals directly with the agents. He leaves that to Ed McGuire, the Chargers chief negotiator and capologist.

He quite literally hates agents. It is definitely an interesting management style.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post

that's just vj's retarded agent playing politics

and i doubt any charger fans like myself, think AJ is the best gm in the nfl lol

people with rings are better, because that's what teams are judged by, even if some with rings aren't as consistent in terms of wins

This Pete Prisco?

He's one of the worst sports writers I know of. Right up there with ESPN's Bill Williamson.

philip rivers today with malcolm floyd proving proof positive that the QB makes the WR

floyd 6 catches for 195 yds and a td haha

raiders had been giving up less than 150 yds in the air this year, rivers had 290 at the half

Quote Originally Posted by jcdavey View Post
    philip rivers today with malcolm floyd proving proof positive that the QB makes the WR

Good! I got Floyd on my fantasy team.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
    This Pete Prisco?

He's one of the worst sports writers I know of. Right up there with ESPN's Bill Williamson.
    Good lord that is some bad draft grading.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdavey View Post

Hooray for my fantasy team. lol.

That said... it's a little of both... I heard a lot of how Marshall would suck without Cutler... then Marshall wouldn't do anything in Miami... Although Moss did look horrible in Oakland.... so maybe there is something to it.

Bah. Who knows?
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Hooray for my fantasy team. lol.

That said... it's a little of both... I heard a lot of how Marshall would suck without Cutler... then Marshall wouldn't do anything in Miami... Although Moss did look horrible in Oakland.... so maybe there is something to it.

Bah. Who knows?
    Has Marshall made Henne any better? Just because they force the ball to Marshall doesn't mean that he is improving the team.

VJ is coming back after week 7, and he will be eligible to play against the Colts in week 11. It's just 1 more weapon at Rivers' disposal.

Good for AJ not to panic and deal VJ for less than he's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerbomb View Post
    Has Marshall made Henne any better? Just because they force the ball to Marshall doesn't mean that he is improving the team.

VJ is coming back after week 7, and he will be eligible to play against the Colts in week 11. It's just 1 more weapon at Rivers' disposal.

Good for AJ not to panic and deal VJ for less than he's worth.
    aj could have traded him for what he is actually worth but his price tag is way to high.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    aj could have traded him for what he is actually worth but his price tag is way to high.
    Exactly what do you think that VJ is "actually worth"? IMO he is a very small step below Brandon Marshall in terms of value, and Marshall netted 2 2nd round picks.

I suppose that AJ could've gotten a single 2011 2nd round pick for VJ. That is probably better value than getting VJ for 6 games + playoffs. But when you factor the precedent AJ set, not caving in to a holdout or granting his wish to be traded, it tips the scales back to the Chargers favor.

VJ and McNeill held out, and AJ didn't blink. The value of that course of action cannot be understated when it comes to future negotiations. You better believe that the rest of the Chargers heard the message loud and clear. I really doubt that you will see another Charger hold out as long as AJ is GM.

I criticized AJ Smith quite a bit on the Chargers board for not trading VJ a few weeks ago. I thought that VJ would sit all year and leave for nothing more than a crappy comp pick in 2012. I was wrong, and so was VJ. He and his agents claimed many times that he would hold out all year unless he got his deal. Turns out that he was bluffing. The lesson to be learned is this: Don't try to bluff AJ Smith.

any one who knows the FNL knows it, there is no way he'd risk not getting a big paycheck next it, it is idioticy, and i doubt him or his agent are that stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    any one who knows the FNL knows it, there is no way he'd risk not getting a big paycheck next it, it is idioticy, and i doubt him or his agent are that stupid
    Not sure what you're trying to say here, but the events of this offseason have proven that you cannot underestimate the stupidity of VJ or his agents.

That said, either he reports and plays 6 games, or he's back to the same situation next season. He's out of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerbomb View Post
    Exactly what do you think that VJ is "actually worth"? IMO he is a very small step below Brandon Marshall in terms of value, and Marshall netted 2 2nd round picks.

I suppose that AJ could've gotten a single 2011 2nd round pick for VJ. That is probably better value than getting VJ for 6 games + playoffs. But when you factor the precedent AJ set, not caving in to a holdout or granting his wish to be traded, it tips the scales back to the Chargers favor.

VJ and McNeill held out, and AJ didn't blink. The value of that course of action cannot be understated when it comes to future negotiations. You better believe that the rest of the Chargers heard the message loud and clear. I really doubt that you will see another Charger hold out as long as AJ is GM.

I criticized AJ Smith quite a bit on the Chargers board for not trading VJ a few weeks ago. I thought that VJ would sit all year and leave for nothing more than a crappy comp pick in 2012. I was wrong, and so was VJ. He and his agents claimed many times that he would hold out all year unless he got his deal. Turns out that he was bluffing. The lesson to be learned is this: Don't try to bluff AJ Smith.
    You might not see players hold out but at the same time this kind of situation would make me not want to stay in san diego or sign with them as a FA. Both sides i believe where wrong in some sort.

As for value i would take marshall anyday over VJ he has more yards tds and catches over a shorter period of time. Which to me means that brandon was traded for 2 2nd round pics so VJ should be traded for a 2nd and 3rd in different drafts at most. Boldin got traded for a 3rd and 4th and he i would say is on the same level as VJ. I also think boldin would have better stats if the cards would have drafted the player most everyone in the organization wanted instead of fitz.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."