Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vincent Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    You might not see players hold out but at the same time this kind of situation would make me not want to stay in san diego or sign with them as a FA. Both sides i believe where wrong in some sort.
    i heard an NFL agent comment about that and he disagrees with you (i forget which one to be honest) but what he said makes sense.

the chargers never wanted to sign Jackson again, the players they do want to sign they have no problem signing to fair deals.

the players they draft or the players they go out and get always get their money. mcneil didn't get his because he held out, as soon as he signed his tender and came back, that's when they were willing to negotiate his co0ntract.

i don't think it will make players not want to sign with them much and they don't go out and make huge splashes in free agency anyways.

if the chargers go out and try to get a player they will make an offer, if the player likes the offer they will sign, if not then they can go somewhere else......its really as simple as that.

the chargers are not the only team that has had players hold out on them.

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    You might not see players hold out but at the same time this kind of situation would make me not want to stay in san diego or sign with them as a FA. Both sides i believe where wrong in some sort.

As for value i would take marshall anyday over VJ he has more yards tds and catches over a shorter period of time. Which to me means that brandon was traded for 2 2nd round pics so VJ should be traded for a 2nd and 3rd in different drafts at most. Boldin got traded for a 3rd and 4th and he i would say is on the same level as VJ. I also think boldin would have better stats if the cards would have drafted the player most everyone in the organization wanted instead of fitz.
    That's exactly what AJ Smith was asking for. And Marshall has been more productive over his career, but Vincent Jackson was undoubtedly better last season. More yards and the same number of touchdowns despite many, many less passes thrown his way. By metrics which measure production per pass attempt thrown his way, Jackson was the most efficient receiver in the league last season. Marshall was not particularly efficient at all by that metric. Orton threw the ball his way a million times, which allowed him to post good stats. But the reality is that he wasn't much better than the other Bronco receivers, he just got more attention in the offense. We are seeing that now, with Lloyd, Gaffney and Royal all posting great stats in Marshall's absence.