Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Orton&Tebow 2012

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...ote-for-orton/

Kyle Orton’s performance at Tennessee last Sunday earned him a spot in the running for FedEx Air Player of the Week. Cast your votes here.

Orton completed 70 percent of his passes against the Titans, threw for 341 yards and two touchdowns and posted a 93.8 quarterback rating. With 1:33 remaining in the game, Orton hit Correll Buckhalter on a 6-yard touchdown pass to give his team the lead.

His output in Tennessee bumped him ahead of Philip Rivers for the most passing yards in the NFL and sustained the Broncos’ status as the No. 1 ranked passing offense in the league.

Orton’s 1,419 passing yards are the second-highest total through four games in NFL history. Only Kurt Warner produced more passing yards in that time span with the Rams in 2000.
    GOOOOO :orton:!!!! :orton: :orton: I'm voting for Orton and Tebow in the 2012 election. Oh and take that for all the Chargers fans who said Orton is a noodle arm.

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Orton is not as efficient a passer as Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQBGuru View Post
    many around here won't argue that fact except blindmind.

Quote of the year:

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    ....stop smacking b/c it's stupid, and pointless. Smacking is for winners...

Yeah I agree but Orton looks good right now and no-one thought Lloyd would have nearly as many yards as he does right now. You cant deny what Orton and Rivers are doing without the players the so called experts said they needed isnt impressive.

Bradford is well on his way for making ROY. I cant argue with that leaders bored.

I agree. I love what :orton: is doing but if I had the chance to trade Rivers for Orton I would do it. Hate his attitude but he is so damn accurate it's amazing.

Overall through their careers, Rivers is much more efficient but I don't know if that is the case this year. Sure, Rivers has more touchdowns this season so I guess you could say he scores more efficiently. But Orton has a higher completion percentage and a lower interception percentage. River has also fumbled the ball twice this season although the offense recovered both times. Just saying. I know you guys will refute it and argue it but just pointing out some facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cahill View Post
    Overall through their careers, Rivers is much more efficient but I don't know if that is the case this year. Sure, Rivers has more touchdowns this season so I guess you could say he scores more efficiently. But Orton has a higher completion percentage and a lower interception percentage. River has also fumbled the ball twice this season although the offense recovered both times. Just saying. I know you guys will refute it and argue it but just pointing out some facts.
    True and blocking is the key to scoring in the redzone and lord knows we dont have that so you have to take touchdowns with a grain of salt.

Overall through their careers, Rivers is much more efficient but I don't know if that is the case this year.
    Rest assured, it is the case this year.

Orton is in a system that suits his strengths, and he has a lot of weapons. Rivers best target is a TE. So to me Rivers stats are more impressive. I love Kyle, but Rivers is a top 5 QB in the NFL. Kyle is top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Orton is in a system that suits his strengths, and he has a lot of weapons. Rivers best target is a TE. So to me Rivers stats are more impressive. I love Kyle, but Rivers is a top 5 QB in the NFL. Kyle is top 10.
    Funny how Orton's "weapons" were considered weaknesses before the season started.

Rest assured, it is the case this year.
    What exactly makes him more efficient this season compared to Orton? I already pointed out what statistics Orton is better in. What is Rivers better at?

What exactly makes him more efficient this season compared to Orton? I already pointed out what statistics Orton is better in. What is Rivers better at?
    Running his mouth

YPA

Rivers does more per throw than Orton. The only thing Orton really has on Rivers is total yardage which is a product of attempts, and the difference is marginal at best.
    Last edited by TheQBGuru; 10-06-2010 at 11:26 AM.

YPA

Rivers does more per throw than Orton. The only thing Orton really has on Rivers is total yardage which is a product of attempts, and the difference is marginal at best.
    So what?

The Broncos are the No. 1 ranked passing offense in the NFL....that's along way from sucking, as you would suggest.

The bottom line is Orton and the Broncos have room to improve, and as long as they keep winning games, that's all that matters.

There are no great teams in the NFL, period, so that means the door is open for alot of teams, the Broncos among them.

Our defense is keeping us in games, and our passing attack is working great. obviously or running game needs repair, but who's to say that can't happen?

The Broncos have a long history of running the ball effrectively, so i attribute our struggles to health issues and a lack of continuity, which is only develioped by taking snaps together.

Bottom line, I expect the Broncos to be no worse than 5-3 at their BYE week, with alot of very winnable games after that.

The Broncos are going to be right in the thick of the chase, believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    So what?
    So Rivers is more efficient, I thought I was being quite clear.

The Broncos are the No. 1 ranked passing offense in the NFL....that's along way from sucking, as you would suggest.
    I never suggested that at all.