Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Post game rants---Ravens

So whats your opinion on how we lost the game?

DESIRE. They wanted it more than we did. Ravens are the best 3-3 (now 4-3) team out there! Steelers are very much like them. How the broncos come out next week will tell us alot about how good/bad we really are.

Quote Originally Posted by elecshoc View Post
    So whats your opinion on how we lost the game?
    It's obvious. Orton is soooooooo bad he lost us the game. He played porous on offense and defense. I don't think he recorded one tackle. Just ask all the Orton haters, it OBVIOUSLY Ortons fault.

Onto all seriousness. The whole team just came out flat. Ravens had the "Take It!!" desire today, we didn't.

The team was flat and didnt play well.

Baltimore was hungry and desperate for a win, well rested and at home. They outhustled and outplayed.

Most parts of our gameplan didnt click or work. The team lost as a team. They got outplayed by a team that wanted it more.

Now it is time to get back to work and get prepped for Pittsburgh. Time to bounce back.

I adopt andrewmlb.

We lost all 3 phases of the game, and the score dictates that.

oline failed us on offense and they just seemed more up for the game.

Pretty simple I think. We were outplayed. They out hustled, outsmarted, and outphysicaled (not a word, but should be) us. They smacked us in the mouth. We also had poor tackling at times and gave flacco too much time to throw for the most part.

Special teams killed us this game. Poor 30 yard punts by the punter and that kick return for a TD changed the game for us.

1) Special teams let us down

2) To many screen plays and not enough play action or 10-15 yard throws.

3) Defense worn out because offense couldnt sustain drives.

Dont get me wrong, the Ravens are a very good team but we could have and should have beaten them today. Hats off to them though for the Win.

Quote Originally Posted by redman4912 View Post
    DESIRE. They wanted it more than we did. Ravens are the best 3-3 (now 4-3) team out there! Steelers are very much like them. How the broncos come out next week will tell us alot about how good/bad we really are.
    My fear is this team has been figured out- Teams have seen enough of the Denver MO to defend and contain the O, and exploit the D.

The O playcalling was most puzzling... why the screens and short passes that were not working? Look, I saw the pressure, but damn, Marshall is 6-4 230, let him go up and fight for the ball on the sideline.

It was almost like the Ravens know the play calls every down.... I put that on Josh, it was predictiable and easily defended obviously.

I remain positive, but that was not a good effort today.
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

55 yards rushing will not win too many games these days.

They played a brilliant game and our O-Line had no answers for them.
    [B]Official Kyle Orton Army Soldier #128[/B]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Poor planning. That was just absolutely embarrassing. Coming off a bye week...Denver should have been way more prepared.

Why did we not test their secondary? Dink and Dunk won't always get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
    My fear is this team has been figured out- Teams have seen enough of the Denver MO to defend and contain the O, and exploit the D.

The O playcalling was most puzzling... why the screens and short passes that were not working? Look, I saw the pressure, but damn, Marshall is 6-4 230, let him go up and fight for the ball on the sideline.

It was almost like the Ravens know the play calls every down.... I put that on Josh, it was predictiable and easily defended obviously.

I remain positive, but that was not a good effort today.
    This wasnt any worse than the beatdown Philadelphia took at the hands of the Faiders.

They bounced back just fine.

Its one bad game. I think this team is tough enough to bounce back.

I adopt andrewmlb.

I agree.....we just came out flat and weren't ready for the defense of the Raven's.....our gameplan wasn't good enough, simple as that.....but it happens, the best of teams have bad days.

Besides, the Raven's defense was playing totally LIGHTS OUT today, they did a good job of stopping us.

We win as a team, and we lose as a team....you can't blame any one player for the loss, just as you can't give any one player all the credit for a win....