Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    ... and there he goes again.

Sure does fumble a whole lot.....those hurt a team just as much as TD help a team.

At least he is having a decent amount of success, just needs to hold onto the ball better..
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

Read that Mangini is making Hillis his feature running back.

The fact that McD is still denying this was a mistake tells me really everything i need to know about McD.

He said something to effect that Hillis needs to get allot of touches in a game to be effective.

I laugh at this concept because ...

Game 1, 9 attempts > 41 yards > 4.6 ypc > 1 TD
    Game 2, 8 attempts > 35 yards > 4.4 ypc > 1 TD

If only we could have such a unproductive RB on our roster right now.

Obviously McD was just tossing crap out and was completely ignorant of what he was talking about.\

Just man up McD....you missed this one big.
    Probably did not even check his splits from 2008 and how great he was in 2009. Scoring a TD on over half of this touches inside the 10.
    This lead you to think of drafting the first player you had a man-crush on Moreno instead of Orakpo who this team desperately needed (remember at this time most people still did not think we had a good pass rusher)
    McD then put Hillis at RB4/FB2 and traded him for a QB2 who become QB3 after we picked Tebow with our 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks.

What amazing me most about McD and his lack of willingness to learn from mistakes is how they just keep getting worse with time.

Trading a 2nd round pick for 1st round pick that in just over a year turned into a player taken in the 7th round is another great example of taking one mistake and making it worse over time.
    Last edited by Hadez; 11-07-2010 at 11:42 AM.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Peyton Fumbillis? And what the hell is that facemask? Scary. McCoy playing well so far, way better than Delhomme.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

He better keep running hard if he is going to continue giving the ball away.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Peyton Fumbillis? And what the hell is that facemask? Scary. McCoy playing well so far, way better than Delhomme.
    yea that is 4 fumbles this year (3 lost)

Averaging 7 ypc is nice but got to hold onto the ball Big Hillis

So.....I can handle everything going on.....except.....

Losing Peyton Hillis and watching him run all over opposing teams.....

Forget the record.....forget the huge losses....forget Cutler/Marshall.....forget the drafts.....

I can handle every decision Josh McD has made....whether I agree or not....but losing Hillis and watching our run game.....and his performances with a Browns team (that I feel Denver should be better than).....it just about kills me every week.

*sigh*
    "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

-The best in the business-

Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    Having a pro bowl year, just to show McD.
    No, not even close.

He now has 520 rushing yards on the season so far. That is through 8 games.

There are many, many rushers that have rushed for more yards and more touchdowns than him with fewer fumbles.

Sure his YPC has been nice......BUT

He isn't going anywhere behind this line.

He fumbles WAY to much.

Don't really care that he is gone, wouldn't mind if we kept him tho. Not the end of the world....

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    yea that is 4 fumbles this year (3 lost)

Averaging 7 ypc is nice but got to hold onto the ball Big Hillis
    Knowshow has lost more fumbles in his short stint so far with less receptions, less carries. And he doesnt get into the endzone like Hillis.

Traded Hillis and cut Torrain. Both would win the starting job here if it werebased on merit and not based on trying to justify a crappy draft/

Quote Originally Posted by pitnlala View Post
    Knowshow has lost more fumbles in his short stint so far with less receptions, less carries. And he doesnt get into the endzone like Hillis.

Traded Hillis and cut Torrain. Both would win the starting job here if it werebased on merit and not based on trying to justify a crappy draft/
    your preaching to the choir

I can see where Hillis' style can lead to fumbles. He rarely if evergoes down on first contact, and usually ends up with a few guys trying to bring him down and strip the ball.

Why Moreno fumbles at an equally high clip is another thing. He is almost always down on first contact. There are times he looks like Orton just falling down when he sees someone near him.

I HATE McDaniels for that move... Hillis is a BEAST

Hillis was doing amazing behind the 2008 OL we had. We still have 3 of those guys on this roster. The other two have supposedly been upgraded.

Only reason Hillis would not be amazing behind a Bronco OL is because McD wrecked our OL

Quote Originally Posted by pitnlala View Post

Nice try.

110 carriers roughly for Hillis 3 fumbles. 74 for Moreno 1 fumble. So the ratio isn't even close.

They actually have an offensive line for their backs, we don't. Hillis and Torain aren't doing anything behind this line, nothing.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.