Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Junior Seau: This is sad

I'm not sure how AFCW rival fans feel about Seau, but he was always one of my favorite NFL players - it just made it that much sweeter that he wore the Charger gear.

Anyway, there is a rumor that he attempted suicide after being released from jail this morning (domestic violence charge). Click through the photos in the link below. There are two photos of his tire marks where he drove off the cliff. They are pretty disturbing considering who was behind the wheel.

Domestic violence, attempted suicide.......and Junior Seau in the same sentence just doesn't sound right.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/18/junior...cherreport.com

That is sad. It's tough when you find out your Heros are human, and sometimes not good ones. Hopefully he gets his life back in order. Couldn't open the link, bad iPhone service here at work

This should be moved to the Powder chat section though. This shouldn't be smacked about.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    That is sad. It's tough when you find out your Heros are human, and sometimes not good ones. Hopefully he gets his life back in order. Couldn't open the link, bad iPhone service here at work

This should be moved to the Powder chat section though. This shouldn't be smacked about.
    Yeah, it should be moved. I just usual post in here - smack or not. Hopefully, folks don't see this tragedy as an opportunity as smack.

Wow seriously? What would he gain out of killing himself? Just for domestic violence.. The guy has way too much to live for imo. Suicide is become more and more of a problem.

He needs support, we don't need what happened to Kenny to happen again.

probably my fav charger of all time, i am thinking he cant cope with not being able to play football anymore.

but i am not sure if it was a suicide attempt, did you see the "cliff"? he could have found a better one than that to be brutally honest.

maybe it was an impulsive decision? idk but i am not convinced it was a suicide attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    Wow seriously? What would he gain out of killing himself? Just for domestic violence.. The guy has way too much to live for imo. Suicide is become more and more of a problem.
    if it was a suicide attempt, you don't known what was going through his mind. he could have some serious mental issues that none of us could begin to understand.

its always fascinated me how people can kill themselves, no matter what the situation is. i just don't see how someone could do that, its beyond reasoning.

One of the greats. I hope this doesn't tarnish his great career.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Making transitions in life is often a difficult task, I think we can all relate to that. If Seau did indeed try to commit suicide, it's just beyond sad and something we've been witnessing much too often.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

That is sad if it's true.

Junior Seau was one bad man on the football filed, and a sure fire hall of famer.

I hope it's not true.

I spent some time down in San Diego when he was playing down there, it was amazing to see how he was embraced by the community. If it was a suicide, I sincerely hope that he gets the help he needs, he's still got quite a bit to offer.

I'm sure I speak for many when I say our thoughts and support go out to Junior and his family.

Moved to Powder Power - to avoid tasteless remarks.

I was impressed however that this thread sat in the smack section for so long (7 hours) and got no such remarks. Very classy. Sometimes you guys are pretty damn cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    I'm sure I speak for many when I say our thoughts and support go out to Junior and his family.

Moved to Powder Power - to avoid tasteless remarks.

I was impressed however that this thread sat in the smack section for so long (7 hours) and got no such remarks. Very classy. Sometimes you guys are pretty damn cool.
    I'm always amazed at how we can smack each others teams.....yet, almost everyone knows where to draw the line. It speaks volumes to the community on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltheads View Post
    I'm always amazed at how we can smack each others teams.....yet, almost everyone knows where to draw the line. It speaks volumes to the community on here.
    Yes. Yes it does.

Hope Seau is and will be okay. Such a great player.