• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Broncoholic3233
    #OrangeandBlue #PFM
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Miami was luck.

Clemson game was great defense to finish and Harrison Barnes is ridiculous.
    Clemson played terrible ball to end the 2nd half. Stupid shots and weren't playing smart.

Once you got into OT, thats when you guys weren't lucky, Harrison Barnes was money and your team just really outplayed them and picked up the intensity. Great OT by UNC.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• ERoyal248
      All-Pro
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
      Clemson played terrible ball to end the 2nd half. Stupid shots and weren't playing smart.

Once you got into OT, thats when you guys weren't lucky, Harrison Barnes was money and your team just really outplayed them and picked up the intensity. Great OT by UNC.
      Part of that is great defense by UNC, they buckled down.

I don't know what it is about Harrison, but the later in the game the better he gets. Just cold blooded, he's got ice in his veins.

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
        #OrangeandBlue #PFM
        • Jan 2010

Duke will be the ACC Title champs tomorrow at 3 ET!

sigpic

Comment

• ERoyal248
          All-Pro
          • Aug 2009

Duke will be the ACC Title champs tomorrow at 3 ET!

ACC regular season >>>>>>>>>> ACC Tournament

16 games is a better judgement over 3 or 4 games in a row. Unless you think Duke was the best team in the ACC in 09?

UNC played FSU twice, Clemson twice, and VT once while Duke played all 3 one time.

For the record, if UNC comes out flat again, they will not come back against Duke.

Singler and Barnes will cancel each other out, and with the way Barnes is playing, i'd give him a slight advantage right now.

Smith is gonna get his.

It's going to come down to the role players, like McDonald, Strickland, Knox for UNC and Curry, Dawkins, Kelly, etc for Duke.

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
            #OrangeandBlue #PFM
            • Jan 2010

ACC regular season >>>>>>>>>> ACC Tournament

16 games is a better judgement over 3 or 4 games in a row. Unless you think Duke was the best team in the ACC in 09?

UNC played FSU twice, Clemson twice, and VT once while Duke played all 3 one time.

For the record, if UNC comes out flat again, they will not come back against Duke.

Singler and Barnes will cancel each other out, and with the way Barnes is playing, i'd give him a slight advantage right now.

Smith is gonna get his.

It's going to come down to the role players, like McDonald, Strickland, Knox for UNC and Curry, Dawkins, Kelly, etc for Duke.
            Say what you will. Regular season record doesn't mean jack as long as you get into the tournament.

The Seattle Supersonics had a great regular season when the Nuggets had a so so season. Yet the #8 Nuggets advanced farther then them in the playoffs and upset the #1 seed Sonics.

Obviously this is a bit different, but what really matters is tournament play, NCCA more so than ACC, but still....

sigpic

Comment

• ERoyal248
              All-Pro
              • Aug 2009

Say what you will. Regular season record doesn't mean jack as long as you get into the tournament.

The Seattle Supersonics had a great regular season when the Nuggets had a so so season. Yet the #8 Nuggets advanced farther then them in the playoffs and upset the #1 seed Sonics.

Obviously this is a bit different, but what really matters is tournament play, NCCA more so than ACC, but still....
              That's true, but the regular season means more then a tournament played for 3-4 days where if a #6-7 seed gets hot, they win, would they be the best in the ACC that year or no?

I'm talking about overall. ACC Regular season does mean more, 16 games over the same teams proves who's the better team, not a tournament where if you have one off game, you're done. I'm talking about the conference tournaments.

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
                #OrangeandBlue #PFM
                • Jan 2010

That's true, but the regular season means more then a tournament played for 3-4 days where if a #6-7 seed gets hot, they win, would they be the best in the ACC that year or no?
                I get what you are saying.

But I just don't think you guys are the best in the ACC.

I think if Duke is the better team, granted I am biased, but if you took some people who don't care about Duke or UNC I think most people would say Duke is the better team, especially if we had Kyrie. We were #1 this year of and on, never droped below 5. You guys weren't even always ranked.

But like I said I get what you are saying, but NCAA Tourney matters a lot more than regular season to me.

But we'll see tomorrow which team shows up. I hope both teams do and its good and close but who knows.

sigpic

Comment

• 12and4
                  Banned User
                  • Nov 2006

Get the most current sports news, GIFs, photos and rumours from The Big Lead, always racking up the top sports news headlines.

What was better, the shot or the call?

Comment

• ERoyal248
                    All-Pro
                    • Aug 2009

I get what you are saying.

But I just don't think you guys are the best in the ACC.

I think if Duke is the better team, granted I am biased, but if you took some people who don't care about Duke or UNC I think most people would say Duke is the better team, especially if we had Kyrie. We were #1 this year of and on, never droped below 5. You guys weren't even always ranked.

But like I said I get what you are saying, but NCAA Tourney matters a lot more than regular season to me.

But we'll see tomorrow which team shows up. I hope both teams do and its good and close but who knows.
                    It's close, and UNC has lost Ed Davis to the NBA, the Wears transferred, Bullock is out for the year with a knee injury, Graves was dismissed, Drew left in the middle of the season.

And yes, with a healthy Kyrie, Duke is scary good.

And the ACC is weak in general, hopefully tommorow is a good one. Harrison game-winner would be nice.

Comment

• ERoyal248
                      All-Pro
                      • Aug 2009

Good game Duke.

Dex dunks on Singler, charge when he isn't in position. That play changed the game, would of been 15-10/15-11.

Refs clearly want Duke to win.

Oh well, this is why Regular season >>>>>>>>>> ACC Tournament..

One game like this proves it.
                      Last edited by ERoyal248; 03-13-2011, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
                        #OrangeandBlue #PFM
                        • Jan 2010

Really?

It's not like Duke is playing a great game or anything.

No, its just the refs, got it......

sigpic

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
                          #OrangeandBlue #PFM
                          • Jan 2010

Oh also, just so you are aware.....

The foul count 4 minutes into the 2nd half is IN FAVOR OF UNC - 12 on Duke 6 on you.

c'mon man stop blaming the refs

sigpic

Comment

• ERoyal248
                            All-Pro
                            • Aug 2009

Oh also, just so you are aware.....

The foul count 4 minutes into the 2nd half is IN FAVOR OF UNC - 12 on Duke 6 on you.

c'mon man stop blaming the refs
                            I just said the call on Strickland changed the game, it would of been 15-10/15-11 Duke still early in the game.

And the refs have sucked for both teams, as soon as i saw Hess was the ref, i knew Duke would win.

Oh well, good game.

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
                              #OrangeandBlue #PFM
                              • Jan 2010

I just said the call on Strickland changed the game, it would of been 15-10/15-11 Duke still early in the game.

And the refs have sucked for both teams, as soon as i saw Hess was the ref, i knew Duke would win.

Oh well, good game.
                              Well, if that one play changed the game and you guys couldn't recover, thats your (UNC's) problem, even thought it wasn't as big of a foul as you think.

Point is there have been questionable calls on both ends. Singler should've had one charge I remember. Then you guys should've been called basket interference on one play.

Foul count favored you guys, so I don't see how you can even mention the refs to the reason you guys lost.

We took high percentage shots and made them, and converted the steals we had.

Duke is 2-1 against UNC.
                              Duke finished 32-4 UNC finished 28-7.

I don't see how you can't give Duke the nod over UNC this year.

We will see in the tournament who advances farther.

Good game, Duke showed up when it matters most, tournament play, so hopefully it continues.

Even though Barnes didn't have a game changing game like the past few days, he is still a hell of a player and hit some key shots. All I know is I hope he goes pro, don't wanna see him in the future.

sigpic

Comment

• ERoyal248
                                All-Pro
                                • Aug 2009

Well, if that one play changed the game and you guys couldn't recover, thats your (UNC's) problem, even thought it wasn't as big of a foul as you think.

Point is there have been questionable calls on both ends. Singler should've had one charge I remember. Then you guys should've been called basket interference on one play.

Foul count favored you guys, so I don't see how you can even mention the refs to the reason you guys lost.

We took high percentage shots and made them, and converted the steals we had.

Duke is 2-1 against UNC.
                                Duke finished 32-4 UNC finished 28-7.

I don't see how you can't give Duke the nod over UNC this year.

We will see in the tournament who advances farther.

Good game, Duke showed up when it matters most, tournament play, so hopefully it continues.

Even though Barnes didn't have a game changing game like the past few days, he is still a hell of a player and hit some key shots. All I know is I hope he goes pro, don't wanna see him in the future.

It was pretty big, but that's another story for another day.

Refs sucked on both ends, wasn't pretty.

Duke brought it from the get-go, UNC was flat again, Duke wanted it more then UNC did.

I think UNC is better talent wise, but Duke has more experience and in games like this, experience > talent.

I think this game showed Barnes needs another year, he would struggle against the likes of a LeBron James, Melo, Granger, Deng, etc, all the physical players. Singler played him well.

I think he comes back next year to make a run at an NCAA title and leaves after his sophomore year, then comes back to get his degree in the summers. Or could stay for 3 years and get his jersey hanged in the rafters. And yes, if he comes back, Duke is in trouble next year, they have no one who can guard him.

Anywho, good game and best of luck in the tourny, K will have them ready, i'm sure.

UNC showed it's youth today, i think we're a year away if everyone comes back.

Comment

Working...
                                X