Page 71 of 121 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1809
  1. #1051
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,908
    Ugh, that was tough to stomach. Proud of those UW Badgers...

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,687
    Watching UConn whip Florida like that was a thing of beauty. Napier just annihilated Wilbekin. It'll be a damn shame if they don't beat Kentucky. Kevin Ollie has just done a remarkable job with that team, and I don't see any justice if they come up short against a team with 7 All Americans on it.

    UConn was getting like 7 Saturday. Last I heard their getting 2 against Kentucky.

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,179
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I'm talking about about how I feel about it. I don't think I disrespected Wisconsin by saying I think Michigan was a better team. I didn't think UK played that great, especially in the first half. I don't need you to try to force feed your opinion to me, telling me I'm fooling myself. Meh......
    Didn't mean to disrespect you in my post.

    Just don't see at all where you are coming from.

    Kentucky had 36 points at the break and 75 overall. Pretty much the exact same as against Michigan.

    All I was meaning to say was they didn't play any worse. It was roughly the same.

    And I have to give Wisconsin the lean because they made it further and also beat a 1 seed in the tourney. While Michigan did not.

    Not trying to force feed you my opinion. Just trying to state why I think Wisconsin was clearly the best team to represent the Big 10.


    As for tonight I think Kentucky wins. Too much talent. Though I won't be surprised by Uconn anymore.

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,179
    Unconn dominated most of the first half.

    Kentucky has them right where they want them.

  5. #1055
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    2,010
    Thank you UConn!

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    Thank you UConn!
    A lot of times basketball simply comes down to free throws.

    Unconn 100% from the line.

    Kentucky was like 13-24.

    That's your difference in a 6 point game.

    Now that free throws have cost Calipari two national titles I wonder if/when he will start preaching them to his players.

    Also Uconns guards were much better shooters when they couldn't get open looks.

  7. #1057
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,687
    It's amazing what happens when you use a pump fake once in a while there UConn.

  8. #1058
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    A lot of times basketball simply comes down to free throws.

    Unconn 100% from the line.

    Kentucky was like 13-24.

    That's your difference in a 6 point game.

    Now that free throws have cost Calipari two national titles I wonder if/when he will start preaching them to his players.

    Also Uconns guards were much better shooters when they couldn't get open looks.
    Yeah, I don't know if he just has bad luck w/recruiting guys who can't shoot free throws, or he just doesn't practice pressure free throws in different game situations.

    Switching to the zone was a good call, but I when you're getting beat that bad you kind of have to. UConn was still getting dribble pen after they switched, but the UConn bigs just weren't finishing around the hoop. Game got pretty sloppy at times.

  9. #1059
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,824


    Wanted ANYONE but UConn. Love college basketball and it was a great tournament, and a great game...but man, I really wanted Kentucky to win.
    Administrator


  10. #1060
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    A lot of times basketball simply comes down to free throws.

    Unconn 100% from the line.

    Kentucky was like 13-24.

    That's your difference in a 6 point game.

    Now that free throws have cost Calipari two national titles I wonder if/when he will start preaching them to his players.

    Also Uconns guards were much better shooters when they couldn't get open looks.
    Don't need to tell me this, Badgers missed one FT on Saturday...

  11. #1061
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,612
    Its back. And Iowa state had a nice first game niange was dominate with 30 points but you can tell we need to develop chemistry as it looked off at times.

    looks like we could end up struggling against big bodies down low but if we keep attacking and getting to the line we can be good again. Looking forward to another season.

  12. #1062
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,612
    ISU with another win and we get two guys back from suspension now so that should help with our depth. McKay comes back on December 20th so that should help some more. Next up is Alabama next Monday.

    Miami knocked off Florida who was ranked in the top 10 with a good performance. And a few good games tonight with (25) Utah @ (16) SDSU, (19) MSU @ (4) Duke, and (5) Kansas @ (1) UK. That last one should be a fun one to watch but I will be at work

    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

  13. #1063
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,179
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    ISU with another win and we get two guys back from suspension now so that should help with our depth. McKay comes back on December 20th so that should help some more. Next up is Alabama next Monday.

    Miami knocked off Florida who was ranked in the top 10 with a good performance. And a few good games tonight with (25) Utah @ (16) SDSU, (19) MSU @ (4) Duke, and (5) Kansas @ (1) UK. That last one should be a fun one to watch but I will be at work
    The additional excitement is the winner of the two bolded games play tomorrow!!

    Also please smoke Alabama. And I had to root against Auburn for the first time in my life last night. Had to stick with the Buffs at least in basketball. They have more on the line in basketball.

  14. #1064
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,612
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    The additional excitement is the winner of the two bolded games play tomorrow!!

    Also please smoke Alabama. And I had to root against Auburn for the first time in my life last night. Had to stick with the Buffs at least in basketball. They have more on the line in basketball.
    Yeah it will be exciting to see who wins out of those. And I will be rooting against Alabama also... Mainly because I wan't ISU to keep winning lol. Want to finally knock Kansas off of their Big 12 Champion streak.

    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

  15. #1065
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,179
    Wow Kentucky flat curbstomped Kansas.

    Don't know yet if it means Kentucky is just that great or if Kansas is way overrated. Or just a bad game.

    Should be a great season finding out though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •