4 4.88%
  • SF by 4 - 7

14 17.07%
  • SF by 8 - 13

5 6.10%
  • SF by 14+

10 12.20%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pick the Winner: SF Vs DEN.... London Edition!!

Okay so here we go, Niners Vs. Broncos, a rematch of the 1990's Super Bowl XXIV at which we got embarrassed 55-10. That was a 45 point deficit, just as it was last week when we fell to our hated division rival Oakland Raiders at Home 59-14. The 49ers are also coming off an embarrassing loss to the previously winless Panthers after my adopted player threw a pick in the last minutes of the game, setting up a Panther game winning field goal. The niners sport just one win this season, and it happens to be against the Oakland Raiders. This will either be a great game to watch, or just a huge ship wreck.

Lets hope the Broncos Dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. That would all but guarantee a victory against Frank Gore and the Niners.

The Niners are starting their 3rd string QB Troy Smith after Alex Smith suffered an injury against the Panthers, and David Carr had a terrible outing. Hopefully someone tells troy that Champ Bailey changed his number to #33, and Nate Jones switched to #24... That should help!

This is the definition of a MUST WIN for McDaniels and gang... If they don't beat the niners to a pulp, don't bother coming back to Denver.

Last weeks losers: Everyone but dsignrguy

Lets all give a nice congratulatory kick in the nads to dsignrguy everyone!!!
    Last edited by 12and4; 10-29-2010 at 04:00 PM.

your right this is a must win. I'm puting my orange color glasses on and saying we beat the 9ers by 14+

Our team needs to destory the 49ers to help get some confidence back!

Jet lag sets in, in the 4th...
    Troy Smith throws 2 Td passed to V.Davis and rushes for another....
    The wet weather in the UK makes it harder for Orton to receive shot gun snaps and make accurate throws...
    Like wise... the wet field causes the WRs to slip more.... making for the running game to be the most important part of both teams offense. Good for 49ers, very bad for the Broncos.
    Turnovers, lack of running game, lack of sleep,lack of passing attack due to weather,T.Smith runs wild, no answer for V. Davis give the 49ers a 4-7 point win... if not more. ):

It will certainly be interesting to see how they handle the pressure. It's a must win game and they have everything to prove after Sunday's fiasco.

I suspect the game will hinge on what happens early. If mistakes are made and/or luck is against them, the team will probably fold. However, if they can come out strong they should be able to win this one handily.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan82 View Post
    Jet lag sets in, in the 4th...
    Troy Smith throws 2 Td passed to V.Davis and rushes for another....
    The wet weather in the UK makes it harder for Orton to receive shot gun snaps and make accurate throws...
    Like wise... the wet field causes the WRs to slip more.... making for the running game to be the most important part of both teams offense. Good for 49ers, very bad for the Broncos.
    Turnovers, lack of running game, lack of sleep,lack of passing attack due to weather,T.Smith runs wild, no answer for V. Davis give the 49ers a 4-7 point win... if not more. ):
    I see it basically the same... But I think Denver takes the by a couple
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Niners by 7

49ers departed late sunday and has been in London for a week by the time it's sunday. That means no jetlag and continous practice while Broncos, on the other hand, arrived early today (central european time). Bill Belichick used the same planning strategy last season and still they dominated Bucs so we'll see..

Dawkins and Goodman is back, good news but this game is gonna be tough. Possible jetlag, missing out a bit on practice and the loss last week.. if we suffer from any of these three, we will lose.

Regardless, I'm glad we have bye the week after.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Both teams will have time zone issues so that's no factor here.

The pick this week will be the Broncos. The '9ers aren't very good. They will be starting a new QB this week and have injury issues.

The Broncos are a mediocre team this year at best. Mostly because of injuries. Substantially due to coaching. However, the Broncos have more talent and a very good QB. Orton and the defense were off last week, poorly prepared and looking over-confident. They are not as bad as their last performance. Last week's loss may have been a wake up call. They'll be very sharp this week.

This is NOT a must win for the Broncos. Regardless of what happens the rest of the year, they know they are not playing on the same level as the Colts, Pats, and Ravens. The Chiefs look to be a tougher than expected team. And, with the Giants stinking up the NFC, the chances of the Broncos winning it all this year are very slim.

McD knows that unless he turns things around immediately, he'll be gone before the lock out. Pick the Broncos to win, beat any spread and rack up lots of points.

Niners by at least 21, they arn't a very good team but they don't have to be..
    Hope I'm wrong, but I'm not.
    P.S. An honest reply doesn't make me any less of a fan. Go
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ComoColorado View Post
    Both teams will have time zone issues so that's no factor here.
    Wrong. 49ers will have been there for a week on sunday, Broncos for 2 days. There's a big difference.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

I think the broncos will have jet lag so if we get off to a slow start we will lose for sure. It's a toss up both are bad teams.

I can say one thing if we lose to the 49ers this season is over period. 2-6 and losing bad losses to raiders and possibly (if we do) 49ers would sink us. This is a must win but I just don't see it happening.

Denver better come out and play like this is their superbowl. Anything less after last weeks absolute embarrassment will be complete BS to me. This team better do something to make everyone believe in them.

Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

The 49ers are a good team, their record stinks but they have been within inches of winning with other very good teams. The only difference between us and them is they did not have a blow out game. This game will be very close and edgy...

Expect a lot of False Starts from Rookie Oline men, Frank Gore will rip us to shreds I just hope we can keep up, and Kyle Orton will have a 400 Yard Game, while our former first round pick Moreno will have a sub par 50 yard game...

I hate to even type this but I think we'll lose by 14 or more. I think the Raiders exposed our defense for what it is..nothing. I expect the 49ers to exploit every weakness the raiders knew we had. We dont establish a running game early..I dont think we stand a chance. That being said, I dont think we can do anything to stop Gore.

I still keep to my 5-11 record. I dont have faith in McDaniels as a coach. Call me a hater or a Shanahan lover..whatever. I watched our team loaded with talent play a weaker opponent and lose. I've seen us replace a proven offensive genius (Shanahan) with a coach that took all the credit for Tom Brady's talent and watched our offense slowly turn into something you'd expect out of Detroit.

Taken from http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=172513&page=4

This game is a toss up. Both teams are bad.