• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Specious
    Practice Squad
    • Oct 2010

Kyle Orton or Jake Plummer?

Just my idea of a fun poll.

Both guys were fan favorites at some point, did some good things for Denver, but unfortunatley were/are thought to lack the ability to win the big game. While I see them in the same class of quarterbacks in terms of talent, they are opposites. Jake struggled with accuracy from the pocket and was best on the run, whereas Kyle thrives in the pocket and has little mobility.

Who is/was the better Broncos quarterback?
    Kyle Orton
    17.65%
    Jake Plummer
    82.35%
  • barneytoe
    Practice Squad
    • Nov 2009

If Orton could stop the interceptions and blunders during KEY points in the game, he'd be awesome. He's already crapped on 3 possible game winning drives this season.

Plummer was too much of a knucklehead .... wouldn't want him back here ever.

Comment

• Kilroy
      Bench Warmer
      • Feb 2009

The Snake always and forever, i still have his Arizona and Denver Jersey. He at least returned to Broncos to the post season, something Cutler, and Orton have yet to accomplish.
      He's still Tim Tebow... and you're NOT!
      But Peyton Manning will win a Super Bowl.

Comment

• Warhawk
        Practice Squad
        • Jan 2006

Hmm, I'm not sure. They both have/had the tendency to self-destruct under pressure, which I guess is what makes the comparison interesting.

Comment

• Den615
          Playmaker
          • Jul 2008

Plummer, and it's not even close. He is easily our best post-Elway QB.

Comment

• dsmith275
            Special Teams
            • Jul 2009

I would have to say Jake Plummer. I belive he had a 75% winning percentage with the broncos and we were consistantly In the playoffs. obviously we could have had more sucess once getting there but under plummer in 2005 he led us to our only post elway playoff win and an afc championship apperance. His bootleg was awsome as well!! I also like orton And think he's been solid this year but I have to say plummer is the better QB
            sigpic

Comment

• AC1
              Playmaker
              • Jan 2008

It would have been close last year, but this year Orton's clearly playing better than Plummer ever did. Let's not forget that Plummer had the best supporting cast of any QB post-Elway. It was the running game and defense that kept carrying us to the playoffs, where once they were neutralized we found we didn't have the QB to compete with Manning or Rothlisberger.

All of this is of course without adding to the comparison Plummer's terrible work ethic and lack of desire to play football.
              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• lolcopter
                denver smashmouth broncos
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                Plummer, and it's not even close. He is easily our best post-Elway QB.
                what he said

Comment

• aaron.moberg
                  Practice Squad
                  • Oct 2010

Jake was terrible, the only reason we did well with him is because we had the Orange Crush defense playing at a incredible level. I will always believe he sucked. So i guess Orton wins this one?
                  sigpic
                  MILE HIGH MAGIC HAPPENS IN ORANGE!

2011 Adopt a Bronco: The Beast off the Bench Adam Weber!!!

Originally posted by Jay3
                  Yes. For two Super Bowls I would be willing to carpet bomb Canada.

Comment

• GetRocT
                    Banned User
                    • Sep 2010

Plummer...Love him...got us to the AFC championship...HATE HIM...got us out of the AFC championship

Really though, I would take the snake, even though both QB's find/found ways to throw picks at the worst times possible.

Comment

• GetRocT
                      Banned User
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                      we found we didn't have the QB to compete with Manning or Rothlisberger.
                      Correction, we found out we didnt have the QB to compete with Manning and a defense that couldnt compete with the Steelers defense. Roethlisberger then VS Plummer then on a neutral team, I would take Plummer.

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                        Football Immortal
                        • Oct 2003

Plummer all the way, broncos made the playoffs every year he was here except for the last when he was benched even though we were 7-4 & replaced with the int machine, never agreed with that move.

And you have to wonder how the year would have played out if the move was not made. Also if that move was made at 7-4 what about this year at 2-6, i think it's time.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                          Hall of Famer
                          • Apr 2009

Plummer is more mobile, and a mobile QB is a poor o-lines best friend.

Comment

• GetRocT
                            Banned User
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

And you have to wonder how the year would have played out if the move was not made. Also if that move was made at 7-4 what about this year at 2-6, i think it's time.
                            Hey a coach with a certain identifiable tan benched a certain QB that philly traded away for a certain QB who used to play for the bears. Anything can happen lol

Comment

• AC1
                              Playmaker
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by GetRocT View Post
                              Correction, we found out we didnt have the QB to compete with Manning and a defense that couldnt compete with the Steelers defense. Roethlisberger then VS Plummer then on a neutral team, I would take Plummer.
                              Rothlisberger that entire season wasn't exactly a Pro Bowl QB, but that one game against us he was incredibly good. Almost as good as Manning was against us the previous two seasons and certainly better than most other QBs had been against that defense. He completed over 70% of his passes with a 9.5 YPA. More importantly he recognized all our blitzes and made us pay big time nearly every time we blitzed.

I dislike the guy immensely for his off-field stuff, but there's no doubt in my mind that I've never seen a second-year QB play a better playoff game.
                              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X