Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by 12and4 View Post
    yeah but it doesn't effect your lungs.

Yeah I understand its still not healthy, but its less deadly.

It'd be better if he quits completely, but I think this is a good start.

plus you can slowly ween off the nicotine level.
    trying to quit cigarettes by replacing it with other forms of nicotine, is like trying to rehab a heroin junkie with methadone.

cold turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by tpryce93 View Post
    trying to quit cigarettes by replacing it with other forms of nicotine, is like trying to rehab a heroin junkie with methadone.

cold turkey.
    Not really because its not just the nicotine that effects the smoker...

in my opinion, it's worth a shot.

obviously if you can do cold turkey, thats the best option...

I have some college friends who smoke these just because they think they're awesome, not because they're trying to quit smoking. Apparently you can get flavored ones, not sure if you'd be into that, but I tried one and it tasted just like vanilla. I'm not a smoker or anything so I don't have anything to say about comparing the normal cigarettes vs electric cigarettes but they seem to think they get the exact same feeling out of them minus all the other bad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tpryce93 View Post

cold turkey.
    I'd equate it to going from 8 sodas a day to 5 sodas a day, then 4, then 3, then 2, then 1, and eventually 0, since you can gradually reduce the amount of nicotine in the cigarette.

Yeah i was gonna buy some flavors that had 0 nicotine in them... That would be cool.

Never smoked in my life. I've done that hookah stuff but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 12and4 View Post
    Yeah i was gonna buy some flavors that had 0 nicotine in them... That would be cool.

Never smoked in my life. I've done that hookah stuff but thats about it.
    Yeah there are tons of hookah bars in Austin and I visit those often with friends, but no regular smoking.

Hi Alastor..

This will come off as a cliché, but you just gotta quit. I did myself back in December (on my birthday) and I haven't touched the cigarettes since then (having smoked a pack or two a day since the age of 13).

I tried all kinda stuff, didn't help so here is what I did. It's awfully simple but it's what made the difference in my case.

Instead of trying to quit, trying various products and what have you, I told myself 2 years in advance, that on my 28th birthday, that very day would be the last day in my life I would smoke cigarettes.

I didn't just tell myself, I actually believed in it (which obviously, is key), randomly thinking about it when smoking cigarettes and I remember enjoying the cigarettes more the closer I got to the final day.

And you know what, when the day finally came, I just quit. It honestly wasn't hard at all because I knew in advance and it all came natural to me and my mind.

Take it for what it's worth, it made the difference in my life. I hope it helps you and good luck on quitting those bastards!
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 06-14-2011 at 02:30 PM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

I should have searched for this thread before. I smoked for thirty years. I started trying the e-cigs when they came out. Don't use them, they're horrible because the battery is too weak and the atomizer doesn't fire up strong enough. I've been through most of the vaping options and now I use a Sigelei Fuchai box mod with a Horizon Arctic V8 tank. Vaping is a great way to get off the cigs.