Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rajon Rondo...

Rajon Rondo...

is a beast.

A little late but yeah, that record he set was pretty impressive.

Best PG in the NBA. Go Rondo. Go Celtics!

Yup, I watched him drop 24 assists on my Knicks last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cahill View Post
    Yup, I watched him drop 24 assists on my Knicks last week.
    How's Amar'e doing? I was miffed the Suns let him go, but very glad that Warrick is performing well for us.
    Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.

How is Rondo the best PG in the NBA when he lacks a jump shot and a quality FT%? You have more complete players in the league like Wade,Williams,Nash,Rose,Parker,Paul and heck, Ill even throw Billiups on that list since he can sink an open j.

Dont get me wrong, Rondo is very good at passing the ball but lacks in KEY areas.

:paper:
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 11-05-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    How is Rondo the best PG in the NBA when he lacks a jump shot and a quality FT%? You have more complete players in the league like Wade,Williams,Nash,Rose,Parker,Paul and heck, Ill even throw Billiups on that list since he can sink an open j.

Dont get me wrong, Rondo is very good at passing the ball but lacks in KEY areas.

:paper:
    I would take Nash and Paul over Rondo right now (Can you imagine Nash on the Celtics?). I love his game though, and his basketball IQ is great. DWill is another good one, who'd probably dominate on that team. Can't throw Rose in there yet though, Rose has a score first mentality. I'll bet if you asked Boozer who he'd rather play with, he'd honestly tell you Williams.

Give me CP3, Dwill, and D-Rose over Rondo anyday.

Assists are better than points for PG's...plus Rondo knows he doesn't need to score when he has Allen, Pierce, KG and the Shamrock to dime it out to.

But since he can't shoot among the best he sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie24 View Post
    Assists are better than points for PG's...plus Rondo knows he doesn't need to score when he has Allen, Pierce, KG and the Shamrock to dime it out to.

You are obviously biased.

You need to read what others said, because no one said he sucks.

He is OBVIOUSLY not the #1 PG in the NBA.

I'd take CP3, Deron Williams, Nash and Rose over him right now. I'd take a little younger Billups over him also.

He is good. No doubt about it. But he is NOT the best. To be the best you have to be able to shoot AND pass. If you said best assist PG, then yes, he is probably the best. But you gotta be an "overall" player to be considered the best.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie24 View Post

Its obvious Rondo needs to work on his shooting, heck even are current president called him out for not having a jump shot. He is almost handicapped by his enormous hand size but does that mean he sucks? NO. It means he is not the best PG in the NBA and needs to figure things out.

Who said Rondo Sucks?

CP3. All you need.

This is finally a year that Chris Paul has some talent around him, he's going to put up huge numbers.

CP3 on the Celtics would be incredible. Rajon Rondo's stats are inflated.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I would take Nash and Paul over Rondo right now (Can you imagine Nash on the Celtics?). I love his game though, and his basketball IQ is great. DWill is another good one, who'd probably dominate on that team. Can't throw Rose in there yet though, Rose has a score first mentality. I'll bet if you asked Boozer who he'd rather play with, he'd honestly tell you Williams.
    Wade is a 2 Guard

Top 5 PGs

1. Rondo
    2. CP3
    3. DRose
    4. Westbrook
    5. DWilliams

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Wade is a 2 Guard

Top 5 PGs

1. Rondo
    2. CP3
    3. DRose
    4. Westbrook
    5. DWilliams
    So is Rose. The Bulls just haven't figured it out yet. His assist to turnover ratio isn't bad. I mean, it's on par w/guys like Billups and Rondo (career, and yes, Rondo will cool down this year). The difference is that he takes an average of 16.5 shots per game (career, it's much higher right now). He's averaging ten assists right now, but his turnovers have ballooned to four and a half per contest.
    BTW: I didn't mention Wade. I think you confused DWill w/DWade. You're right though. Wade can run the point, but he's a two guard. Even on a team w/LeBron and Bosh, he's featured primarily as a scorer. That's what he does, and it's how he best helps his team. Same goes for Rose I think. Their teams are best when they are playing off of their offense.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 11-05-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Rondo is one of the greatest players in the league.

Want to know an uncomfortable truth? He's easily the best player on that Celtics team. And they've got some other greats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    Rondo is one of the greatest players in the league.

Want to know an uncomfortable truth? He's easily the best player on that Celtics team. And they've got some other greats.
    Agreed. He found another gear during last years playoffs. He's a different player than he was last year. He'll come back to earth a little though. I think Nash is averaging like five turnovers a game right now. He's never averaged more than three and some change. Can't expect guys to be playing the same type of ball throughout the season. Rondo is very fun to watch though. Again, his basketball IQ is very high. He dedicates himself towards setting up his teammates, but if you don't respect him, he'll beat you w/his athleticism. Every now and then, he'll stick a random J in your eye. Just enough to get your attention.

He's so fast. He's like a gazelle. Deceptive because he moves so smoothly and easily.