Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Are some NFL fans too 'win now'

I look around alot of NFL forums and see alot of 'Fire this coach' or 'Bench this QB'

2 of the most interesting one's were Fire Jeff Fisher after we beat tem (alot of ppl were after him going) and Fire Coughlin early in the season.

I personally believe we need to have some patience and step back to look at the big picture.

Some teams seem devoid of talent, I don't see that here. I see ALOT of young talent and alot of injuries. With young talent you have to endure the bumps in the road to come out the other side. If we look back in 15 years and we have been a very good franchise for 10-12 then will it matter about taking this season to build ?

I look at our D and see a very exciting LB core next season. We will have DOOM back and Ayers was playing really well before the injury, very physical. DJ will be in the middle and I would like to see a big physical ILB presence with him.

The backfield is very good. Champ should be back and Cox / Sy'quad make up a very good, young 3/4 CB's.

McBath I believe takes over from Hill, Dawkins will probably be on his final year next year so a replacement is needed.

The DL needs help, again, but Vickerson has come on leaps and bounds and looks a very good DE starter against the run and offers pass rush. Thomas offers pass rush and Bannan IMO is more of a NT.

If we can draft one of the big DE's like Fairly, Watt, Hayward, etc...... then it will be very exciting, the D will have a great look to it.

On Offense again I don't really see a shortage of talent. The WR crew look very good with Lloyd, Royal, Gaffney, DT is a start in the making and Decker on the bench who has great hands.

Could use a TE threat.

Alot has been said of Moreno but he came out of the draft as one of the youngest players. He played hard in the Oak game which showed character and tore up the SEC, I believe he could be a very good # 1 RB and also has great hands coming out the backfield, hopefully he can stay healthy and finish the year in a big way.

Maroney needs to get into football shape but will be a good #2 back next year IMO and hopefully Lendale White gets over his injury because he would be a very good short yardage / Goalline back and his injury hurt more than some ppl think, he was really impressing in pre-season.

Orton looks a good QB but needs help from the OL. Tebow is the young guy, probably 2 year project, that McD is working with, I love his work ethic and college resume, can really handle pressure and has a big arm and hard to take down being so big but also great footwork and can run the ball too......he will be a very exciting player to watch developing.

The OL is the obvious problem with the O, Clady and Kuper may not be 100 % until next season. Walton and Beadles are getting better and better but are rookies and there play will be up and down until they get settled. There is alot of Walton to take in as a rookie center making all the reads.

I said before the season that next year will be the year we turn into a winning franchise. Just gotta take the bumps this year, injuries have hurt alot as well and made the process even harder but I think McD is building alot of great pieces............Just gotta be patient

Yes, but we also like to see that the team is learning from its mistakes.
    Sadly, I don't have that comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    When did you get to the locker room so fast? You beat me. Oh well *On topic* Yah, if we don't stop the run and develop the run game then we'll never get anywhere.

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Too me though the D is trying to get by with back-up LB's and we just can't replicate DOOM's pressure. We do need depth at this position though. I love the Hunter pick-up but we need to add someone who can bring the heat.

The O is up and down but when you have rookies on the OL you will get inconsistent play, I saw that for myself in London

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    When did you get to the locker room so fast? You beat me. Oh well *On topic* Yah, if we don't stop the run and develop the run game then we'll never get anywhere.
    That is very true.

We need a round one DE. Move Bannan to NT. Bring in a physical LB in the middle for Haggan. Get Ayers back.

With the OL getting back to health next year and the rookies developing I think we will see a much improved unit. Moreno not being healthy all year has hurt too and hopefully he see's the season out strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Too me though the D is trying to get by with back-up LB's and we just can't replicate DOOM's pressure. We do need depth at this position though. I love the Hunter pick-up but we need to add someone who can bring the heat.

The O is up and down but when you have rookies on the OL you will get inconsistent play, I saw that for myself in London
    True about the O Line, but in honesty, the veterans should play better. Though in honesty, we are only as strong on the O Line as the weakest link.

We will probably solve our D woes, or start to, in the Draft.

I figure there's a difference between losing and showing signs of improvement and having fans screaming for a change, and what we have now. We have gone from mediocre to laughing stock in 24 games.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

The only real upgrades we have made since our 2009 D, which finished god awful, is Bannon and maybe Vickerson as a platoon player (not sure he is better than Holliday).

So even if Champ, Thomas, and Vickerson come back next year, we have Goodman, BDawk, Haggan, Williams, and Champ all one year older and a little slower.

I am not "win now", but I am not pleased with the direction. IMO I would prefer to have a 4 win season with a team growing together than just growing old together.

True about the O Line, but in honesty, the veterans should play better. Though in honesty, we are only as strong on the O Line as the weakest link.

We will probably solve our D woes, or start to, in the Draft.
    Yeah, like I say we need to address the DL in the draft and maybe a few LB pieces, alot of talent is there already on the D

I agree with ther veterans but I saw for myself why the Denver Post kept saying Clady and Kuper were not 100 %

When Lawson lit up Orton in London by just blasting through the line I just thouhgt 'HOW do you create a gameplan when this happens'

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    I figure there's a difference between losing and showing signs of improvement and having fans screaming for a change, and what we have now. We have gone from mediocre to laughing stock in 24 games.
    A laughingstock this season ? Maybe, we are 2-6 and most ppl just see records, they don't see our win in TENN or the great play against the Jets

The Cowboys are a laughingstock and so are the Vikings but they will be back next season.

Outside perception of the team does not bother me because I can see what is being built

Quote Originally Posted by Cutler2007 View Post
    The only real upgrades we have made since our 2009 D, which finished god awful, is Bannon and maybe Vickerson as a platoon player (not sure he is better than Holliday).

So even if Champ, Thomas, and Vickerson come back next year, we have Goodman, BDawk, Haggan, Williams, and Champ all one year older and a little slower.

I am not "win now", but I am not pleased with the direction. IMO I would prefer to have a 4 win season with a team growing together than just growing old together.
    A little unfair about the D, I listed all the young talent we have on D, McD will play the veterans while the rookies sit and learn, unfortuantly the rookies have played more than hoped due to injuries.

A little unfair about the D, I listed all the young talent we have on D, McD will play the veterans while the rookies sit and learn, unfortuantly the rookies have played more than hoped due to injuries.
    I am not trying to be negative, just looking at our core DJ, Doom, Ayers, Cox, Champ (who may be gone) and Bannon.

Do you really feel anyone else in our front seven starts on another team? I feel Vickerson and Thomas together makes a decent tandem on the LDE spot, but outside of that no real upside IMO.

It is to be expected tho when you spend only one draft pick on the front seven (Ayers), when you sign old/backups to be your starters, they get...well old and/or play like backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutler2007 View Post
    I am not trying to be negative, just looking at our core DJ, Doom, Ayers, Cox, Champ (who may be gone) and Bannon.

Do you really feel anyone else in our front seven starts on another team? I feel Vickerson and Thomas together makes a decent tandem on the LDE spot, but outside of that no real upside IMO.

It is to be expected tho when you spend only one draft pick on the front seven (Ayers), when you sign old/backups to be your starters, they get...well old and/or play like backups.
    I think veterans were signed as a stop gap because you can't build a D in 2 drafts.

I think you rate Bannon a little more than I do. To me he is a very ok....ish DE but should be at NT where I feel would suit him much more.

Vickerson is improving every week and was an AMAZING find. I read when he was cut that Seattle fans were surprised and a little annoyed.

If you look at the D you see CHAMP / GOODMAN and COX / SY'QUAD as CB's

McBATH is the FS next season IMO.....DAWKINS has one year left, need a replacement

DOOM / AYERS / DJ are all pretty young and exciting, need to replace Haggan with a physical ILB presence.

VICKERSON is a DL starter at DE, if he keeps improving then he will be great next year. Very good against the run and offers some pass rush too.

Thomas IMO is a situational pass rusher at DE. BANNON is a NT.

A DL of VICKERSON / BANNAN / (Fairley, Watt, Hayward, etc.......) could be very good IMO

A laughingstock this season ? Maybe, we are 2-6 and most ppl just see records, they don't see our win in TENN or the great play against the Jets

The Cowboys are a laughingstock and so are the Vikings but they will be back next season.

Outside perception of the team does not bother me because I can see what is being built
    Just exactly what is being built? I'm sorry I might be missing something but I don't see a quality team being built, I see it as having been demolished with no plan to put anything back up in its place. The Jets game is an example of a team who has not been taught how to finish games.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

That is very true.

We need a round one DE. Move Bannan to NT. Bring in a physical LB in the middle for Haggan. Get Ayers back.

With the OL getting back to health next year and the rookies developing I think we will see a much improved unit. Moreno not being healthy all year has hurt too and hopefully he see's the season out strongly.
    Wasn't Haggan injured this year? Moreno's injury was a big problem. Assuming he can stay healthy for a season I expect Denver to be top 15 or even top 10 in the run. Hopefully with this new O-line that we've assembled during TC we can get the run going. Mcd said Moreno is healthy so I trust him. I'm feeling good about this game.

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."