View Poll Results: Should Denver retire number 30?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

45 64.29%
  • No

20 28.57%
  • Not sure

5 7.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Nope.

No disrespect to TD and all he did for us, but you can't go retiring every number of every great player.

MAybe if he went into the hall, but the likelyhood of that is, well, slim to none.

Ring of Fame but not retired. Where would you draw the line? Atwater? Smith? Sharpe? Nalen? Elam? Look TD was a great player but if we retired all of our greats we'd have no numbers left to play with thus the reason for the ring of fame.

Absolutely, He is by far one of the best Running backs of all time...

Everybody on here says maybe if he gets in the hall... Broncos always get snubbed. He belongs in the Hall, his years were beastly, and was one of the highest character guys in the league. Keep him a legend Denver and not just a skid-mark on the wall!!!

No. Stop retiring jerseys. Jersey numbers were made to be used by players.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Davis is my childhood (sort of). Retire 30 Broncos!

#1 before #30 or any other mentioned in this thread.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

#30 is the second most important player in our history

no question, yes

I said no. I love TD, and he was amazing, BUT I don't think he is at the same level as Elway, or Little. We've had a lot of great players that COULD have their jerseys retired. We've only had a couple legends. If we retired every player who has been great for this team we would be running low in a few years.
    Thanks Blondie79!
    All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
    Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
    "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

I think number 30 shouldn´t be retired, but it should be reserved for especially good players playing for denver. i wouldnt mind if a player like for example champ bailey claimed number 30 if he wanted it.

I vote no

Now 27? Atwater's number, and then Darrent's. Retire number 27. Then we wouldn't have to suffer watching scrubs wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by bjoli198 View Post
    I think number 30 shouldn´t be retired, but it should be reserved for especially good players playing for denver. i wouldnt mind if a player like for example champ bailey claimed number 30 if he wanted it.
    That's what Michigan does with #1. It's only given to WRs who are extremely good. Kind of a cool tradition.
    Thanks Blondie79!
    All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
    Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
    "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

Quote Originally Posted by GatorChomp View Post
    That's what Michigan does with #1. It's only given to WRs who are extremely good. Kind of a cool tradition.
    Dallas does it also. 88 was Drew Pearsons number, and nobody wore it again until Michael Irvin got drafted, now Dez Bryant has it.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    I think Sharpes number should be retired. Sharpe changed the TE position (atleast in this era).

Sharpe retired as the all-time leader among TEs in receptions (815), TD catches (62) and receiving yards (10,060). He's one of five to have a 50-catch season 11 times (Cris Carter, Marvin Harrison, Andre Reed and Jerry Rice). An eight-time Pro Bowler and four-time all pro, he had 19 career games with at least 100 yards receiving. Sharpe held Denver's all-time franchise record for receptions when he retired, but Rod Smith later surpassed him. He is a member of the NFL's 1990s All-Decade Team.

Notable stats: A three-time Super Bowl winner with Denver ('97, '98) and Baltimore ('00), he established the single-game mark for most receiving yards by a TE with 214, set in 2002.
    Sharpe a great players.... I would put him in the ring of fame... But he shouldn't get his jersey retired.
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

In my humle opinion.. Number 27 before anything should have been retired, not only Steve Atwater, but in memory of Darrent Williams.

7 should be retired because of the man, the legend, John Elway. Need I say more.

The rest are up for debate, I feel those two numbers should be retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp26x View Post
    In my humle opinion.. Number 27 before anything should have been retired, not only Steve Atwater, but in memory of Darrent Williams.

7 should be retired because of the man, the legend, John Elway. Need I say more.

The rest are up for debate, I feel those two numbers should be retired.
    Seven IS retired.