• Yes

33 52.38%
  • No

18 28.57%
  • More than I did

12 19.05%
Page 108 of 131 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1962
    For what it's worth, Mark Schlereth stated that his sources indicate that Haley was not only upset with how the players were carrying on on the sidelines, but also that Denver was blitzing well into the fourth quarter.

Personally, I think it's a joke. It's a divsional, rivarly game first of all. I wouldn't have had any problem if Oakland decided to stick it to us and score 3 more touchdowns in the fourth, just to try and break a record. If you have a problem with it, STOP IT! Secondly, and as many have pointed out, we scored FOURTEEN points in the 2nd half. How on Earth does that constitute "running up the score"?

Haley is an idiot. He's just mad because he realized that the Chiefs aren't as good as he thought they were.

What about the Eagles-Redskins game tonight? No one on ESPN thinks that was running up the score! There is a mental edge you need to keep against divisional foes, especially when you play them again later in the year with possibly greater implications! Not only that, but even though we dominated the game, our starters didn't DESERVE the fourth quarter off. They need the extra time on the field together to gel, because they certainly weren't that in sync any other week. If they were 7-1 or whatever, they could get a break, but not after they had just lost 4 in a row!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jclark34 View Post
    What about the Eagles-Redskins game tonight? No one on ESPN thinks that was running up the score! There is a mental edge you need to keep against divisional foes, especially when you play them again later in the year with possibly greater implications! Not only that, but even though we dominated the game, our starters didn't DESERVE the fourth quarter off. They need the extra time on the field together to gel, because they certainly weren't that in sync any other week. If they were 7-1 or whatever, they could get a break, but not after they had just lost 4 in a row!
    binnnnngo....I'd run the score up myself and play tough even in the 2nd half, but McD chose not to, and they STILL got upset....proves my point further...

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Yeah, you're right.

Just because they have a 30-point lead and have beaten all of the fight out of the Chiefs is no reason to let up.

Who cares if this is the first time all season the team is finally healthy? Keep playing hard! Be real men and not some kind of wussies!

What diference does it make if the team is only 3-6 and all hope of winning more games and having a good season lies in key players staying healthy?

Get out there and stupidly risk everything for no good reason! You have to realize that horsehead's understanding of football is extremely limited and he won't be entertained unless players are smashing skulls and the scoreboard is lighting up like a pinball machine...
    We did not "beat the fight out of the Chiefs". We LOST the 2nd half. That's not what I call "beating the fight out of them".

Finishing the game strong on the ground actually reduces the chances of injury. First, the more you run the ball, the less the QB gets hit. Second, when you're running the ball, you are hitting the defense. The more you are dishing hits, the less you are being hit, the less you get injured. Third, running the ball runs the clock, which means fewer plays. Sputtering around with 3-and-outs or worse, subbing in 3rd stringers and not putting the game away only increases the chances of losing guys.

In addition, when you finish a game strong, it can set the tone for the next week and give your team confidence that they can be stronger and more physical than the opponent.

All we did in this game was prove that we could jump out to a big lead. Big whoop. Unless we start every game 35-0, there's not much here to give me confidence about our ability to finish. There's no point in being "big, tough, physical" if we can't grind down the clock. And this team, more than any other, needs to show that they can do just that.
    Last edited by Lomax; 11-15-2010 at 10:35 PM.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

And yet we still get accused of running up the score.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Not finishing strong has been a broncos trademark that goes clear back to Dan Reeves....

Lord, how many times over the years have we seen the Broncos "sit on the lead" when they are only up by a few points?

I agree... they need to take yesterday's momentum and the abuse from around the league and learn to tromp down on our opponents neck!
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

We shouldn't have let KC off the mat. It should have been pedal to the metal the whole game. That's the mark of great teams. They beat the tar out of you and then they step on your throat.

We have like 17 running backs...we should have been trying to cram the ball down their throats and tried to score on every possession, because that's something the Broncos need to learn how to do.

I feel like the season up to this point has been micromanaged. I think it just needs to be gameplanned and executed naturally.

Instead of saying: "If we score 21 points, we can win this game", it's time to start saying: "we're gonna score as many points as we possibly can and see what happens".
    imo...

Hooray, beer!

Chiefs Reporter Takes Pot Shot at McDaniels

http://kan.scout.com/2/1022017.html

#3 - The Broncos’ win will quiet the talk of firing Josh McDaniels.

Not that McDaniels’ job was necessarily in trouble anyway, with reports of Pat Bowlen not wanting to pay both him and Mike Shanahan when neither man is coaching the team. But this win should quiet down that talk, at least for a bit.

We discussed the Denver game here at WPI over the last week: it was one the Broncos desperately had to win, and they had two weeks of preparation for it. So kudos to them for getting the job done. But it does nothing to reverse the slide the McDaniels-led Broncos have been on for the past year.

The longer he remains in charge, the better things are for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    The run has greatly improved with the return of the original starting lineup for the o-line. The front five have been transformed by getting everyone healthy and back into their proper positions. Orton was untouched by a Chiefs D that is averaging 2 sacks per game. Gaps were opened up and Knowshon finally had somewhere to run. Moreno has finally put up a 100 yd rushing game. Denver had a total of 153 rushing yards against a KC squad that is only allowing 104 rushing yds per game.

On the other side, KC only had 51 yds rushing for the day - they are the #1 run team in the NFL @ 165.3 yds per game. And they wouldn't have gotten that much except the Denver D throttled back later in the game to avoid injuries.

Just how much do you need?
    The Denver D did not "throttle back to avoid injuries". First of all, that doesn't even make sense. You would never let up to avoid injuries. That would only cause more injuries, as the Chiefs were still playing hard, and they would just be subjecting themselves to more plays, as they would be on the field longer. Second, we didn't take out our starters: Champ was still playing, Dawkins was still playing, Haggan, Bannan, Hunter were still in. DJ was playing. Where exactly did we "throttle back"?

Also, a note about euphoria after wins:

I'm not going to fault fans for celebrating in their own way, but this sort of mentality is largely responsible for the Jekkyl and Hyde nature of these boards. One week everything is the best ever, then Orton's a bum, then we're king of the world, then we have to fire the coach and get ready for a top 5 pick.

Is it possible to win by 20+ and be exposed? Absolutely. Just as it's possible to lose and still see bright spots. As a guy who defends Orton week in and week out, even in the face of losses, you should be able to see that.

There are very quantifiable, rather big, persistent weaknesses of this team. Did we run well? Yes. Did we run well when we needed to (i.e. in the 4th to close out the game)? No. Have we done this all season? NO. Did we play good defense? At times. Did we play good defense to close out the game? No. HAVE WE DONE THIS ALL SEASON??? NO! This isn't nitpicking. It's pointing out weaknesses that are clearly still present, even in the face of a huge win.

Another week, another QB has his best QB rating against us. Another week, the secondary gets torched. Another week, zero interceptions. Prater's leg is getting weaker once again late into the season. These don't just disappear because we jumped out to a 35 point lead. Yet some are acting as though we dominated the Chiefs, and all of our problems are solved.

So I'm definitely happy for the win, but not satisfied by any stretch. And I hope the team isn't either.
    Last edited by Lomax; 11-15-2010 at 10:59 PM.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

Statistically speaking, the Broncos will probably win a Super Bowl before I die.

Having not really experienced the back to back Super Bowls as a full fledged Broncos fan (I was like 7 years old), I've caught this franchise on the downswing so to speak. Having suffered through our Colts playoff losses, our near Super Bowl after beating the Pats, and other close calls a few years ago, it's hard to be optimistic now barely scrapping .500 every year.

I am comforted in knowing that, statistically speaking, the Broncos will probably win the Super Bowl in the next 60 years. Therefore I can find solace in knowing I will likely see a win before I die.

I guess there is a chance they won't though....

Well statistically speaking, the Broncos should probably make the playoffs before I die.

I've only been a fan since the Cutler era, as I was young and once I moved to Colorado I started watching the Broncos, but ultimately became a fan in the 2006 season. So I have never seen the Broncos in the playoffs before. I hope I can before I die.

You're old

If a writer was good hed get noticed and get to write for a relevant city and team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    It's like he starts by being a beloved mascot, a symbol of a can-do, "we will score" attitude, and builds on it from there.
    I don't think it's some mirage though.. I think both Urban and McD are using Tebow in his most dominant role and building from there.. NO QB has ever had the options in the red zone Tebow has.. even Mike Vick doesn't. Not even the new and improved mike Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWonder View Post
    You're old