63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 52.38%
  • No

18 28.57%
  • More than I did

12 19.05%
Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Josh McDaniels on who the #2 QB really is.

Listen here from 9:53 to 10:30 or so. Josh McDaniels 11-12 podcast

Good interview overall if you want to take a listen as well.

Why post another thread on this? Just to correct some of the people that were clamoring about Tim being a "gimmick".

I guess we can put this question to rest.

OT:

Yesterday was awesome celebrating with the veterans in their uniforms. Love all you guys. I have 5 people in my family that served in the military. Both grandfathers are WWII vets and an uncle that was a Vietnam vet.

Very saddened by the D.J. news.

cliff notes?

i'm guessing something along the lines of, "well, uh... both guys are making progress. we want to have competition at every position [except starting QB]. they're both making great strides, and we're eager to see how this competition will play out, regardless of how the rest of the team is doing."

Quote Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
    cliff notes?

i'm guessing something along the lines of, "well, uh... both guys are making progress. we want to have competition at every position [except starting QB]. they're both making great strides, and we're eager to see how this competition will play out, regardless of how the rest of the team is doing."
    [with a cracking voice] Tim Tebow. It sounded like a "well duh" kind of tone.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
    cliff notes?

When Vic and Gary asked who would come in if Orton couldn't of played last week or if any injuries.

McDaniels replied, "Tim Tebow"
    Gary and Vic, "Really?"
    McDaniels, "Absolutely"

A clear answer, finally. He must be progressing very well. That's good news indeed.

Thanks, Houdini.

Is there a transcript? I'd love to listen, but no sound here at work...

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    A clear answer, finally. He must be progressing very well. That's good news indeed.

Thanks, Houdini.
    Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    When Vic and Gary asked who would come in if Orton couldn't of played last week or if any injuries.

Gary and Vic, "Really?"
    McDaniels, "Absolutely"
    I can't say I'm surprised...

At the start of the season, Quinn and Tebow were getting moved in and out of that slot depending on the plan that week.

How long has it been since Quinn's been brought up as anything other than the footnote to Hillis?
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Can't say I'm surprised though. I think many of us already knew he was #2 despite what the website said and what McD didn't (until now).
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post

Gary and Vic, "Really?"
    McDaniels, "Absolutely"
    That just gave me a huge sigh of relief!

Can't help but feel sorry for Quinn. I bet when the guy came to Denver he thought he was going to take Orton's sport, or atleast have a good shot at it. Ah well, he had his moment of fame in Cleveland.

I would like to also give some credit to Orton. I know I have been critical of him and other people much harder on the guy but he still is our best chance.

The reason I think Orton should get credit is because he is really mentoring Tim alot. Those two respect each other immensly. Seems like a quandry if you listened to just the boards.

I am not sure how Quinn might be helping with QB development but I think Orton has helped Tim grow far more than without Orton's professionalism, intellect and experience.

Anyhow, I wanted to give some credit to Orton because he does deserve it in my mind. Anyhow, let's hope we don't get into that predicament (back-ups) because there is alot of season left and a chance to grow and see what the Broncos are made of.

That's awesome! Glad to see he can beat out Quinn. Here's hoping he becomes great enough to unseat Orton someday!!

Hooray, beer!

I figured this was clear when Tebow was warming up on the sidelines when Orton went down in the 49er's game

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp26x View Post
    That just gave me a huge sigh of relief!

Can't help but feel sorry for Quinn. I bet when the guy came to Denver he thought he was going to take Orton's sport, or atleast have a good shot at it.
    That had better have been his mentality. That should always be the mentality for everyone on the roster.

It better still be his mentality or I don't think he'll be starting anywhere any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    That had better have been his mentality. That should always be the mentality for everyone on the roster.

It better still be his mentality or I don't think he'll be starting anywhere any time soon.
    I'd bet he took a morale hit with either the Drafting or the not being successful at unseating Orton.

That said, all reports were that he was working VERY hard when he showed up in Denver. Impressively so.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron.moberg View Post
    I figured this was clear when Tebow was warming up on the sidelines when Orton went down in the 49er's game
    I dunno. It was debatable. Bear in mind the last time we saw Tebow do anything was preseason, and it wasn't pretty.

Other than that, the closest we saw to a pass play was a pitch back to Thomas in a recent game.

Whether he was in the #2 position for packages was very suspect because that was a big - HUGE - topic of the off-season, preseason, and even the start of the season was about.

This is the first definitive statement I've seen on the matter. I think if there had been something else definitive mentioned, it would have been posted here long ago.

So... That's a long post, but essentially, "No, I don't think it was very clear at all. Last time we saw the dude throw a ball was over two months ago."