33 52.38%
  • No

18 28.57%
  • More than I did

12 19.05%
Page 72 of 131 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1962
    Quote Originally Posted by netoje View Post

Awesome video....not crazy about the music though.
    There's been better. I prefer the NFL Films music.
    "In the red zone, in the red zone...Let's get 7, let's get 7."

Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    No kidding, right? I mean, were we supposed to stop moving the ball and only rush 3 on every down and let you have a chance at catching up?

We gotta take what he's giving us, and we did run on 1st and 2nd most drives in late 3rd and 4th. I don't know what he wanted from us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    If he had adjusted to a nickel or dime package and let us run, we wouldn't have thrown deep.

If he was intent on stuffing the box, well... Dude, Haley, use your head.

We would have loved to run all day. Stop stacking the line and we will.

Exactly...

as i said in another thread...

If you don't call off the dogs, why should we? If you aren't through with the game, why should we be? If you are still going for TDs and playing your starters, doing onside kicks... Why should we run the ball... Why should we waste the downs to give you a chance...

You call off the dogs, and we will do the same... although we basically did by not going for field goals when we had ample opportunity...

Brandon Marshall? That guy who has less TDs than 4 of our receivers?
    No thanks. Give me Lloyd all day (and for much cheaper)!!!

On topic, I can see how Blount's pic is ahead, but Lloyd's catch was way cooler than Bryant's.
    Last edited by DiversityA; 11-15-2010 at 12:48 AM.
    "In the red zone, in the red zone...Let's get 7, let's get 7."

Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche

Love it. Thanks for sharing.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/newvegasvaultboy2.png?t=1287299316

Did we have some Ringers out there today? and if so, Can we get those Ringers every week? Cause that could not have been our guys!

On a more serious note, It did not hurt that we let them get a couple of more scores at the end. We do not want them to fell they were being punished or anything like that, that they might fell they need revenge. We do have to play these guys again, and next time it will be on there turf. Arrowhead is a very tough stadium to play in.

If we can play like this on a consistent basis, we can be a dangerous team. I'm not ready to call us good just yet, the next step is to be able to repeat this kind of performance next week @ SD.

Great video, I wish I could have watched the game, seemed like the team made some outstanding plays. I liked how some of the recievers taunted the D with the "you cant see me" TD celebration. Its about time they finally let Tebow pass! here's hoping the Broncos have more games like this
    2012 Adopt-A-Bronco: Elvis Dumervil

This was a great win for us, especially the fans, we needed a little hope. What the team needs to do now in keep winning consistantly. Can it be done? Sure. WILL it be done? This has yet to be seen. For the time being, Ill just enjoy this win. It's been a while.
    2012 Adopt-A-Bronco: Elvis Dumervil

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    ...If we can play like this on a consistent basis, we can be a dangerous team. I'm not ready to call us good just yet, the next step is to be able to repeat this kind of performance next week @ SD.
    If! I'm really hoping that this is the real Denver Broncos and we are going to see more of the same in the future. We will see next week with Chargers.

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

I believe r healthy O-line earned us some points back but our D is still a bit bruised and battered, till we roll out of last in the west Ill still think of us as the my little ponies we have become. Our secondary needs to heal some more before we can start saying we are back in the race.

"Prevent" Defense (Ummm...NO)

This was NOT a prevent defense we were running. Honestly. I really think some folks were too drunk and busy celebrating at the bar by the time the 3rd quarter rolled around to actually pay attention to the coverages. Or you have absolutely no clue what a prevent defense is.

You do NOT RUSH 5, 6, or 7 in a "prevent" defense.

In a true prevent defense, you rush 3 at MOST and drop everyone else into deep and intermediate coverage. We were rushing 4, blitzing with 6, bringing corner blitzes, safety blitzes, you name it. Some of our coverages were off...as they have been at times all season. Some of the coverages were also tight. We ran a lot of zone, but if you watch the zones, they looked like cover 3 where champ got a deep 3rd. That's not "prevent" defense.

I can't fault the line. They played consistently well against the run and even got pressures. The linebackers stopped getting pressure after the half, but the damage had been done. Haggan's pressure seemed to be more of a personnel issue with the Chiefs. After they switched out the RT, he got zilch. But he had a great game, can't take that away from him.

The secondary on the other hand is just plain abysmal, and has been all season. They are single-handedly the reason we give up such long drives and the entire defense gets winded. And they only have 2 picks this year in 9 games. Despite giving all opposing QBs astronomically high passer ratings all year, Cox will still be praised as a "stud" and Champ is a top corner in this league.

It makes no sense.
    Last edited by Lomax; 11-15-2010 at 01:15 AM.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp26x View Post
    Champ swaying his arms and acting like a cry baby with his pouty face, bothered me more than anything.
    Yeah Ill admit, but the 5 yard cushions he was giving in the zone was stupid even in prevent Champ shouldnt be giving that much of a cushion he isnt as fast as he used to be. I liked how we stacked the box and forced KC to throw till they started picking apart the zone coverage like crazy. We got lazy then started dropping back a little more as the game went on but by then they got in rhythm and we still didnt man up. Honestly I am glad our D took it easy they are still to banged up right now and losing Hill was not what we needed.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 11-15-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Yeah Ill admit, but the 5 yard cushions he was giving in the zone was stupid even in prevent Champ shouldnt be giving that much of a cushion he isnt as fast as he used to be.
    Once again, NOT "prevent". Can't emphasize this enough.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    Once again, NOT "prevent". Can't emphasize this enough.
    Not a real prevent, no. But we were giving cushions. No big plays. We wanted to keep them in front of us, that was obvious. Give up the small play, not the big play. Hence the cushions.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

With all the scoring the Broncos did I couldn't remember the scoring drives:

7-0
    14-0
    21-0
    end Q 1
    28-0
    35-0
    35-7
    35-10
    end Q 2
    42-10
    42-17 with 9:30 to go in the 3rd(are we supposed to give up now? We only scored one more TD, to their two).

Also maybe I missed it in the thread but I guess he didn't like McD going for it on 4th down. Too bad, apparently McD likes to do that a little more than other guys. Our last TD was the nail in the coffin. It's what you're supposed to do.

Kiszla: Haley should make like a comet and leave
    By Mark Kiszla
    The Denver Post
    Posted: 11/15/2010 01:00:00 AM MST

How crummy does if feel to be you right now, Kansas City coach Todd Haley? You just got punked by one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Denver might not be any good, but for one given Sunday, at least, the Broncos were mean and nasty enough to rub the faces of Haley and his Chiefs in the dirt of a 49-29 defeat.

It must stink to be Haley.

Maybe the Kansas City coach can't handle the truth, if the icy reception he gave Denver counterpart Josh McDaniels on the field after the blowout was any indication. Red under the collar, Haley wagged a dismissive finger at McDaniels and stomped away.

Imagine the Chiefs' shame by being humbled by lowly Denver.

"I don't know what it was like for them, but it was sure fun for us," Broncos offensive tackle Ryan Harris said.

Denver stepped on the toes, hands and throats of its visitors, dropping five touchdowns on the Chiefs during the first half, then refused to show any mercy.

The Broncos were throwing the football in the fourth quarter with the game out of hand, and their final touchdown was the result of McDaniels challenging an official's call overturned by instant replay. With starters in the huddle, Denver took pleasure in notching the first 100-yard rushing performance of Knowshon Moreno's young, but often rocky career.

The Chiefs, revealing the fragile psyche of a team still learning to believe in itself, apparently got irked by the dominance Denver showed. Why else would Kansas City go for two points after a meaningless TD, when trailing by 20 on the scoreboard with 10 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter?

It was the NFL equivalent of a middle-schooler firing a spitwad through a plastic straw, when the classy thing for the Chiefs would have been to lose quietly, get out of town quickly and move on to fixing everything wrong.

If you're asking me, it seems the Broncos must have gotten under the skin of Haley and his staff. Maybe the powers that be in Kansas City know how easily this season could unravel for a team with zero pedigree.

During the traditional postgame handshake between coaches at midfield, Haley seemed far more interested in giving McDaniels the cold shoulder.

Asked about what had him upset, Haley got a little defensive and extremely evasive.

"That's a private time between head coaches that has become not so private," Haley responded.

Between hems and haws, Haley emphasized the Chiefs played their hearts out until the final snap, then suggested when you have been in football as long as he has been, sometimes you see indications from a foe that make you uncomfortable.

Yada, yada, yada.

Hey, if Haley thought the Broncos were running up the score or acting disrespectfully, shouldn't the Kansas City coach at least be man enough to come right out and say it, rather than tap-dancing around the issue?

When McDaniels chest bumps receiver Jabar Gaffney on the sideline or pumps his fist with vigor that could make Tiger Woods envious as Denver scores a touchdown, those displays of emotion can set the teeth of foes on edge.

OK, so we know the Chiefs can't handle the heat.

Let's consider ticking off the opposition as a major step forward for Denver, which had fallen so far during the course of a four-game losing streak that even Broncomaniacs were growing weary of cursing their fate and had felt boredom inventing new, insulting nicknames from Mc-Smartypants to far worse for the local NFL franchise's embattled coach.

"I think everyone was frustrated at different points," Harris said of Denver's long, sickening swoon. "But you've just got to keep working. The only thing to do when you're frustrated is to work through the tough parts."

Even in the mild, mild AFC West, where mediocrity is sufficient to give a team hope for a playoff berth, the Broncos probably stumbled too much on their way to a 3-6 record to get back in the race.

But this much we know is true: Although Kansas City can be found atop the division, the Chiefs are pretenders. Denver is two back in the division lead, with seven dates left on the schedule. Find a way to win their next contest, against San Diego on the road, and maybe, just maybe, the Broncos could approach something resembling relevance again.

"This business is crazy," Denver defensive lineman Justin Bannan said.

Somebody better go inspect the visiting locker room one final time. I think Kansas City misplaced its mojo. In the thin air of Denver, the Chiefs felt a little dizzy, as an NFL team often does when it's about to take a long, hard fall.

Read more: Kiszla: Haley should make like a comet and leave - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz15KzfLFIe
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16614230
    Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 11-15-2010 at 01:32 AM.