Page 1 of 176 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Anyone else suffering the same internal struggle?

I really want to believe they can turn the season around and make a run for the division... But I just can't bring myself to do it. I've been disappointed just about every year for the last 11 years and I'm not sure I can handle another disappointment.

They have 3 division games out of the next 5 games... If they can win those they got a real good shot. I think they'll beat the Rams and Cards.
    Superbowl 50 Champs!

Quote Originally Posted by JrtheFreak View Post
    I really want to believe they can turn the season around and make a run for the division... But I just can't bring myself to do it. I've been disappointed just about every year for the last 11 years and I'm not sure I can handle another disappointment.

They have 3 division games out of the next 5 games... If they can win those they got a real good shot. I think they'll beat the Rams and Cards.
    I'm going to admit I got a little giddy after the Chiefs game because we finally got the O-Line setup that we wanted and it really helped out our run game, so I got to thinking maybe this was here to stay.

However, this team has disappointed me too much in recent years, so I'm taking a wait and see approach. Once they put together a winning streak in and out of the division, then we can talk.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

who is going to narrate our Americas Game?

Hooray, beer!

Just take it 1 game at a time and don't worry about it. If you must have expectations, then expect that the season is over for a 3 - 6 team, then anything beyond that is awesome.

If in 3 weeks the broncos are 6 - 6, then you can raise your expectations and start worrying about playoffs. But until they can string together a series of wins, then there is no reason to expect much of anything.

The team that pounded the Chiefs is good enough to win out the season for 10-6. It is entirely possible.

It's more likely that they drop one or two, and finish 9-7 or 8-8.

And it's still possible to have a debacle-fest and finish with a losing record -- this team has holes. It has weaknesses. When that's the case, your fate is not entirely up to you. It will depend on how the players respond when a foe studies their film and comes at a perceived weakness.

Every season, until we are mathmatically out of the play off hunt, I believe we are making it.

I still think we can make it, but we're gonna need luck on our sides and I really don't think we can afford to lose another game, I really think we can win out though

Just beat the Chargers. Bring the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by jmag View Post
    Just beat the Chargers. Bring the pain.

^ This.

One game at at time, young grasshopper.

We've played some good football, bad football and horrid football. I hope we've turned the corner, are going to remain relatively healthy and play good football the rest of the season. From there let the chips fall where they may.

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

I've been disappointed just about every year for the last 11 years and I'm not sure I can handle another disappointment.
    24 other teams have felt the same, if not worse, disappointment for the last 11 years

and two years prior to that only us and the pats have enjoyed back to back titles

Agreed with most...

just look for a win this week.....
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc13 View Post
    24 other teams have felt the same, if not worse, disappointment for the last 11 years

and two years prior to that only us and the pats have enjoyed back to back titles
    Many of those 24 'other' teams are content with being average.

The Broncos aren't the Pirates of the NFL... they don't have ownership that really doesn't give a crap if they win games as long as the team makes money. Denver is FOOTBALL and to expect mediocrity year after year is ridiculous. If you have an owner that will spend money one play off game every 10 years is really really bad...
    Superbowl 50 Champs!

Its called denial... All our mothers had it.

We think our team is the best but clearly is not.

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    Agreed with most...

just look for a win this week.....
    I for one just want to see improvement every week in the different phases of the team/game.

Win or lose we need to be taking baby steps each week to get better and become consistent.

Now how can you say lose and make progress?

Easy not all teams are like we are. Young and inconsistent and frankly there are a few teams with a hell of a lot better talent than we have. I do not expect to beat those teams consistently.

We will get some unexpected wins and some unexpected losses. That goes with young-uns playing the game.

So game by game. This week I think we lose, unless one part of the team rises above it normal playing level.

We have lots of things going against us, SAN has loads of talent, albeit some of it hurt, they also have the HOME refs , and crowd. We are coming off a very emotional win. Things could go south for us in this game quickly.