Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

So I picked up ME1 and 2 to play through them, I had a lot of questions(I started playing 3 first) should be fun

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    We will be getting a free extended ending DLC this summer.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/m...-extended-cut/
    Yeah whatever BioWare. They're still going with saying that only "most passionate fans" are upset, and that we're all supposedly too stupid to understand they're perfect genius ending. They can add more cutscenes all they want, it still doesn't change the fact that our choices are a nonfactor and it's one of the dumbest endings in history. We weren't upset that we didn't get more cutscene time, we were upset because they PROMISED us an ending that would be like the previous games where all of our choices matter and they even specifically said that it WILL NOT be a ABC ending.

What I'm hoping for at this point is that all these cutscenes will confirm the Indoctrination Theory. Doubtful, but I'm hoping.

I saw someone post their theory about what this DLC will be like and it seems highly likely to me:

a) Cutscene added: London: Joker says he's picking up the people on the surface. Shows Normandy getting squaddies and heading out. Still doesn't mention why.
    b) Cutscene extended: Jungle planet: More people step out of the Normandy.
    c) Cutscene added: Additional on-earth (or other planet) scene *after* galaxy map bounce-around that shows the wave from the Relays (depending on good/badness) passing over and having the effect - clarifies that the relays exploding didn't kill all life in the systems.
    d) Cutscene removed: Breath scene will be gone, no matter how high EMS.
    e) Content added: Encounter with Starchild will have some added investigate options, but will remain otherwise as-is.
    f) Cutscene added: Destroy ending will have added cinematic where the geth and EDI are shown to die.
    g) Cutscene added: Control ending will have added cinematic where Reapers move away from galaxy.
    h) Cutscene added: Synthesis ending remains unchanged.

Estimated runtime added in total: +120 seconds. (not counting removed content)

BioWare did not handle this well at all and I dunno about anyone else, but I am definitely not buying another game of theirs ever again unless I do a ridiculous amount of research to make sure it's even worth it.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Yeah whatever BioWare. They're still going with saying that only "most passionate fans" are upset, and that we're all supposedly too stupid to understand they're perfect genius ending. They can add more cutscenes all they want, it still doesn't change the fact that our choices are a nonfactor and it's one of the dumbest endings in history. We weren't upset that we didn't get more cutscene time, we were upset because they PROMISED us an ending that would be like the previous games where all of our choices matter and they even specifically said that it WILL NOT be a ABC ending.

What I'm hoping for at this point is that all these cutscenes will confirm the Indoctrination Theory. Doubtful, but I'm hoping.

BioWare did not handle this well at all and I dunno about anyone else, but I am definitely not buying another game of theirs ever again unless I do a ridiculous amount of research to make sure it's even worth it.
    You would think that "the most passionate fans" would be the ones they should be the most concerned about, because it's their biggest fans who have followed the first two religiously that they're slapping around. The interviews actually make it sound so condescending towards the people who make them millionaires.

It will take a well reviewed KOTOR game (after the mmo finishes fizzling out) to get me to warm up to BioWare again. Even then if it's published by EA I will probably pirate it out of spite.

I'm not surprised, I actually called that they would extend the endings and not change them. It saddens me that BioWare is in complete denial about all of this. Oh well, I'll probably check out the DLC regardless since it's free but I'm definitely not paying full price or pre-ordering any BioWare games again. Quote me on that.

Damn it all...just damn it.

Another free DLC is coming out next week.

It's a multiplayer pack called "Resurgence".
    2 new maps, new weapons, new characters, including Asari Justicar adept, Geth Infiltrator, Geth Engineer, Krogen Battlemaster Vanguard, Batarian Solider, and Batarian Sentinel.

Here is the trailer.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    http://http://consumerist.com/2012/0...-for-2012.html

Didn't think this deserved its own thread, but its a pretty funny read

I don't so much have a problem with BioWare as I do with EA.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    http://http://consumerist.com/2012/0...-for-2012.html

Didn't think this deserved its own thread, but its a pretty funny read

I don't so much have a problem with BioWare as I do with EA.
    Honestly, I don't have a problem with Bioware at all. Upset a little, but no true problem. If anything,(assuming Indoctrination is true) it's upset me that Dev's think they can sell you a unfinished game, to only get more money out of you DLC.
    EA is to blame for glitches and bugs, and unadded cut scenes because they rush devs games out.
    EA is the reason Bioware is becoming money hungry.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

You know, I'm not even concerned about the ending so much as the fact that the Shepard saga is over. It's like, all this emotional investment since 2008 and it just ends, nobody knows what happens next, because they're not going to continue it. It just feels kinda stifling, like when you finish a good book series, but worse since it's so interactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselspeed View Post
    You know, I'm not even concerned about the ending so much as the fact that the Shepard saga is over. It's like, all this emotional investment since 2008 and it just ends, nobody knows what happens next, because they're not going to continue it. It just feels kinda stifling, like when you finish a good book series, but worse since it's so interactive.
    I kinda hope they turn some of the novels into games.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

I kinda hope they turn some of the novels into games.
    Yeah, but I'm still attached to Shepard. I mean, I know they plan to make more Mass Effect games, but it feels like we're at a point now where it's like "Alright, hope you had fun living vicariously through Shepard for the past four years, but you're done." I want to know what happens now that the reapers are gone, what Shepard and his crew do now. Maybe DLC will satiate some of my desires there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselspeed View Post
    Yeah, but I'm still attached to Shepard. I mean, I know they plan to make more Mass Effect games, but it feels like we're at a point now where it's like "Alright, hope you had fun living vicariously through Shepard for the past four years, but you're done." I want to know what happens now that the reapers are gone, what Shepard and his crew do now. Maybe DLC will satiate some of my desires there.
    Maybe, DLC is probably handle that. At least the Shepard part, a future game can handle the Reaper situation.

The door is still open on them making a fourth game. Not saying I want a fourth game, they say they aren't making one, but it's still possible that Shepard story isn't over(assuming he isn't dead).

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Maybe, DLC is probably handle that. At least the Shepard part, a future game can handle the Reaper situation.

The door is still open on them making a fourth game. Not saying I want a fourth game, they say they aren't making one, but it's still possible that Shepard story isn't over(assuming he isn't dead).
    I would love to see a fourth game, despite worries that they'd milk it to death. I just have trouble seeing how they could produce a different arc that would top the Shepard story, and how they could get a person to connect to the game on such a grand scale as they have in the past three games.

I was kind of hoping this was Shepard's last game anyways. I don't have a problem with playing as a new guy if we were given the customization options and the ability to craft him with our choices.

Unfortunately, I think they resolved and unfolded too much in ME3 for me to even care about future games now. We never needed to know the Reapers' true purpose first of all. And all of the endings basically render any future games involving them impossible (unless they specify which is canon) on top of the mess with the Mass relays.

Although, I heard that BioWare said that the new ME games will be pre ME3. They also said that MP wouldn't affect the SP in ME3 (and a bunch of other things), so take their word for whatever you will. It's all up to EA at this point. If I honestly had to bet money on this I would say a FPS is just around the corner.

My main concern is seeing what the characters that survived do next. What becomes of the galaxy and all those who still inhabit it? Does my Shepard settle down on a quiet planet somewhere with Ashley? Like I said earlier, it's the same thing that happens to me when I finish a book I've put a lot of thought into.