Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Our record lives and dies by Moreno

Make no mistake, our offense goes through Moreno. Orton can pass for all the yards he wants, the fact is Moreno sets Orton up for everything and gets Orton in easier 3rd downs. McDaniels has got to learn to stick with Moreno. We came out running with him and scored. San Diego adjusted because all of our runs were behind the pulling OG who always pulls towards the TE so they started blitzing that side of the line. Then Moreno was taken out of the game pretty much. Even when we can't run with Moreno we need to stick with him, keep giving him a few runs, but get him more passes.

Also can we please get Spencer Larsen in for more running plays. And lets try to run a better variety of run plays and not the same one. I'm tired of having runs telegraphed as to where there going. At least with Larsen, the runs where the OG pulls, Larsen would be able to pick up the free blitzer and Moreno would have some room to work with.

So to shorten it up, keep with Moreno, get him more involved in the passing game early, use more FB runs, use different kinds of runs, and don't telegraph our runs.

Bad time to make this argument man... While I agree that Moreno is a weapon that NEEDS to be used, he actually had a really good game, and we still got absolutely wrecked. 120 yds and 1 TD is a good game by anyone's standards, and we didn't even contend.

I was screaming to get him the ball earlier in the game when we were in it.

Most of those yards were dump offs on that last drive. Before that he had about 70-80 yards, most of which came on the first drive. We stopped going to him after San Diego adjusted in the 2nd drive.

Quote Originally Posted by InMcDWeTrust View Post
    Bad time to make this argument man... While I agree that Moreno is a weapon that NEEDS to be used, he actually had a really good game, and we still got absolutely wrecked. 120 yds and 1 TD is a good game by anyone's standards, and we didn't even contend.
    I quit paying attetion at halftime 120 yards...wow Yea I wouldn't complain that Moreno was the issue tonight, more like the defense and the anemic playcalling.

*edit* correction to a missleading statement. Moreno only had 58 yards RUSHING which honestly isn't going to get it done. I agree he was effective but he has to get more touches RUNNING the ball because otherwise no one will show the rungame respect.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 11-22-2010 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I quit paying attetion at halftime 120 yards...wow Yea I wouldn't complain that Moreno was the issue tonight, more like the defense and the anemic playcalling.

*edit* correction to a missleading statement. Moreno only had 58 yards RUSHING which honestly isn't going to get it done. I agree he was effective but he has to get more touches RUNNING the ball because otherwise no one will show the rungame respect.
    I believe Moreno had something like 42 yards on his first 6 or 7 touches. Then San Diego started blitzing two guys to whatever side the TE or TEs were on. One guy would get picked up by the pulling OG and the other guy would pretty much come in free to make the tackle. A FB would have been there to pick up the free guy and gave Moreno running space.

The biggest problem I have with McD is that he's not good at making adjustments on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I believe Moreno had something like 42 yards on his first 6 or 7 touches. Then San Diego started blitzing two guys to whatever side the TE or TEs were on. One guy would get picked up by the pulling OG and the other guy would pretty much come in free to make the tackle. A FB would have been there to pick up the free guy and gave Moreno running space.

The biggest problem I have with McD is that he's not good at making adjustments on the fly.
    I'd believe it, he's not a bad back he just has A. no one to block for him and B. A coach who abandons the run in favor of padding the stats every week...

Actually why do we run it so much out of a singleback formation? I thought Bruce Arians proved that it doesn't really work a few seasons ago. To make it work you need 5 behemoths playing on your offensive linemen and we have 1 in Clady and he isn't even a great run blocker. FB will never be an extinct position no matter how popular it is to say

Moreno is also one of my favorite Broncos

I wish they could get him going.

so True

Make no mistake, our offense goes through Moreno. Orton can pass for all the yards he wants, the fact is Moreno sets Orton up for everything and gets Orton in easier 3rd downs. McDaniels has got to learn to stick with Moreno. We came out running with him and scored. San Diego adjusted because all of our runs were behind the pulling OG who always pulls towards the TE so they started blitzing that side of the line. Then Moreno was taken out of the game pretty much. Even when we can't run with Moreno we need to stick with him, keep giving him a few runs, but get him more passes.

Also can we please get Spencer Larsen in for more running plays. And lets try to run a better variety of run plays and not the same one. I'm tired of having runs telegraphed as to where there going. At least with Larsen, the runs where the OG pulls, Larsen would be able to pick up the free blitzer and Moreno would have some room to work with.

So to shorten it up, keep with Moreno, get him more involved in the passing game early, use more FB runs, use different kinds of runs, and don't telegraph our runs.

You should coach the team.

Right now, it's dying by the youngest head coach in the NFL that sure gives a great fist pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Odomsfan View Post
    He can't be any worse than the one we have...

You mean like when San Diego used the running game to set up their passes?

233 yards passing for San Diego.
    167 yards rushing for San Diego.

38 rushes, 26 passes for San Diego.

Hmmm..... you might be onto something there, sonny! (he said facetiously)

Quote Originally Posted by Odomsfan View Post
    At least hire an OC that has a pair to stand up to the coach and tell him how to fix the running game and to tell that what he is doing will not work over the course of a half let alone a whole season.

At 7-0 with the second posession was the time to run the ball. McD could have duplicated the first drive to a T to see if SD could or would stop it. I doubt they would have. Instead he tried to go for the kill and went for the deep ball. The posession ended up being a 3 and out. It was poor play calling especially seeing KM gash SD that first drive. This team could have jumped up 14-0 or at least 10-0. The fake punt would have been less likely at that point.