Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
    We still heard nothing but McD traded Cutler talk when we were 6-0 it was a distraction and the distractions added up under his regime. He needed a strong GM to relieve the pressure but Xanders is an administration guy whose done well fixing the salary issues but not in helping out. He had to many responsibilities from day 1 and the HC position is stressful enough. In the end he was overwhelmed and the players suffered for it.

Studesville has everything to gain and NOTHING to lose. If he succeeds, he'll be hailed as a hero...if he loses, it's Josh's fault for ruining the team. It's easy to 'maintain a positive attitude' when you're playing with house money.

That said, it's not the coach's job to help the players have fun at practice. It's his job to help the team win, which is something that this TEAM hasn't done. If the players want someone to make them feel good about themselves after they've collectively failed at their jobs, they have no business playing professional sports.

You gotta admit, after watching his interview, he does seem like a pretty awesome, motivating type of guy. I like his energy.

I have no idea if he can do the job or not, but at least he is going to keep these players happy to be Broncos and that is important right now.

I adopt andrewmlb.

Quote Originally Posted by McSmashie View Post
    You gotta admit, after watching his interview, he does seem like a pretty awesome, motivating type of guy. I like his energy.

I have no idea if he can do the job or not, but at least he is going to keep these players happy to be Broncos and that is important right now.
    This is essentially the most important thing for this team right now. The wins/losses have no impact anymore, these players just need to have fun now and revive their hopes for a successful future

Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS

I think something can be read into this even a little bit.

Alphonso's comments upon arriving in Detroit always stuck with me. This seems just seems to reinforce that even more.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    I think something can be read into this even a little bit.

Alphonso's comments upon arriving in Detroit always stuck with me. This seems just seems to reinforce that even more.
    What was Alphos comment? I don't remember it now and I cant look it up atm

Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    What was Alphos comment? I don't remember it now and I cant look it up atm
    They can be found here:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=172097

I also recall him elaborating on the lack of confidence. In short he said he was either thinking too much or wasn't used in a way that took advantage of his skill set.

Jeb Putzier in the end was right with his comments: "Its going to take a lot to turn around this organization from where it was at, and it needs to start in that locker room. It has a long way to go.

He was harsh on McDaniels before being cut.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    They can be found here:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=172097

I also recall him elaborating on the lack of confidence. In short he said he was either thinking too much or wasn't used in a way that took advantage of his skill set.

Jeb Putzier in the end was right with his comments: "Its going to take a lot to turn around this organization from where it was at, and it needs to start in that locker room. It has a long way to go.

He was harsh on McDaniels before being cut.
    Ah cool, thanks for that info hilde

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    So I was watching the video on denverbroncos.com that showed the players reactions to the coaching change and Studesville getting the nod.

I thought Ayers had a very interesting comment on the change, specifically talking about Studesville's energy.

"The thing about positive energy is its contagious, especially at the position of head coach, when your positive and upbeat it trickles down to the players and coaches and we definitely got that feel from him this morning."

I hate to read between the lines, but I feel like Ayers was subtly saying there was a lack of positive energy coming from McDaniels. I think in anything, if you don't have positive energy, life can become a grind. In football, which is tougher than a good number of us here have ever experieced, I can see where a lack of positive energy can lead to lower performance, players playing too tight.

This statement by Ayers reminded me of a recent story I heard on McDaniels, that didn't seem to get much attention here. McDaniels after the Oakland loss took the entire coaching staff in front of Bowlen and berated them with him watching.

With Studesville, I think we will see a team with more energy on Sunday, and don't be surprised if Ayers comes out and has a great game. From here on out, wins and losses don't matter but I really want to see us play inspired football.
    Yes,Yes good thread glad you posted it for those who overlook info on the main page. There is alot of talk about "negativity" "Black clouds". This negativity inside the organization wasn't always present though. It seems to have roots to when McD was first hired but just finally started to boil over around the Raider blowout and the spygate just blew it up. If we were 8-0, I wonder if the 49erws video would of even surfaced or if it was just a tool to secure a reasonable cause. Sadly, I think if we were 8-0 not all but much of the negativity would have still eventually sunk the ship.

It is a real chicken and egg isn't it. Does negativity cause losing or does losing cause negativity. We are talking about earth shaking negativity here not just oh I woke up on the wrong side of bed today. I still say the apple is better then the whip to get the horse to do what you want.

Remember we don't have some "bad fans" people, just some disruptingly negative fans. Everyone is a die hard, dedicated Broncos lover just different methods to show the love.
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition backhand a fool!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie8311 View Post
    Was Ayers talking about McD and Studesville or Orton and Tebow???

But have you ever seen Bellichick? He doesn't exactly seem like mister positive. Sounds like McD was trying to be Belli.
    Belichick has the luxury of star players who have bought into his system and are the 'player-coaches' in the locker room, leading them to victory.

Not sure if we ever had that or not under McDaniels watch, on offense.

Regardless, I'd rather the coach be positive with an especially young team, than negative. Get negative when you lose to Oakland by 40 points, otherwise, push them all forward in the right direction.
    Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

to me this is the one thing that excites me with studesville and would him the top coaching choice come offseason privded 3 wins and an experienced GM

i think that for the first time since we lost Doom, we'll actually see a passrush sunday. those one on one battles are all about heart and motor, and hopefully we see our rushers play with some desire to hit the QB
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

McD put the pressure on himself as soon as he walked into dove valley. On his first day here he commences to trading our QB without even trying to see how he played. So to try and say he didn't get a fair shot is a load of hog wash.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos1997 View Post
    to me this is the one thing that excites me with studesville and would him the top coaching choice come offseason privded 3 wins and an experienced GM

i think that for the first time since we lost Doom, we'll actually see a passrush sunday. those one on one battles are all about heart and motor, and hopefully we see our rushers play with some desire to hit the QB
    With Wisenhut being from the Steelers, Im not so sur. I bet he has some tricks up his sleeve to gaurd against some blitzes. Not to mention Alan Faneca is on that line along with BIG BAD LT Brown form PSU. I don't know the stats or Cards that well but I bet they do well against blitzes. I hope this doesn't discourage you in any way, I want an aggresive productive D as well. With Injuries and a D that is still trying to covert to a full 3-4 (hopefully), a productive D may not come untill next year. I can wait, can everyone else, that's the question.
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition backhand a fool!

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    So I was watching the video on denverbroncos.com that showed the players reactions to the coaching change and Studesville getting the nod.

I thought Ayers had a very interesting comment on the change, specifically talking about Studesville's energy.

"The thing about positive energy is its contagious, especially at the position of head coach, when your positive and upbeat it trickles down to the players and coaches and we definitely got that feel from him this morning."

I hate to read between the lines, but I feel like Ayers was subtly saying there was a lack of positive energy coming from McDaniels. I think in anything, if you don't have positive energy, life can become a grind. In football, which is tougher than a good number of us here have ever experieced, I can see where a lack of positive energy can lead to lower performance, players playing too tight.

This statement by Ayers reminded me of a recent story I heard on McDaniels, that didn't seem to get much attention here. McDaniels after the Oakland loss took the entire coaching staff in front of Bowlen and berated them with him watching.

With Studesville, I think we will see a team with more energy on Sunday, and don't be surprised if Ayers comes out and has a great game. From here on out, wins and losses don't matter but I really want to see us play inspired football.

Wins and Losses DO matter, you want the Broncos to have best draft pick possible

One thing that we get to look forward to is the fact that over the years 90% of interim coaches win their first game. Look at what making a change (meaning HC) has done to Dallas and Minnesota this year. Dallas is 3-1 since firing Wade Phillips. Minnesota is 2-0 since Frazier has taken over.
    A day to remember: 4-19-1995