Page 19 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
    It's a good letter, but McDaniels still has this season to prove/redeem himself.

We picked good players. I am excited about Smith. Really excited.

I'm taking an Economics class this semester while pursuing my MBA, and we were just talking about sunk costs. However, I would rather route for McDaniels and see the Denver Post headline, "First Year Coach Takes Broncos to Superbowl."

Seems if you were faithfully blue and orange you'd prefer the same.

-Toker
    My other love...

305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by DanWhite View Post
    And what if next year we just kick ass? still just fire him and get someone else? lol all you guys are *****ing about him without even seeing him coach 1 year i thought he was real good in NE when he helped them go 16-0 but that's just me
    O How I'd love to eat my words. But the what if's. It seems to me theres really no what if we do bad. It IS we are going to do bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    You can't relate this to sunk cost economics until you actually see what happens.

It's not like he just bought 10 million dollars worth of google stocks and it is now only worth 30 cents, and he's just sitting here waiting for it to jump up in value.

He hired who he thought would be good, and so far he is yet to coach a game. You have absolutely no idea what is going to happen. Please relax.

And this is exactly my point. Nothing to be done about this season. It's sunk. There is no point in getting upset about McD until next January, and I'll be cheering my boys in blue & orange this fall.

But at the of the season, I'll be sure to dig this thread back up. I'm thinking ahead, and I hope Bowlen is, too.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderin7272 View Post
    And this is exactly my point. Nothing to be done about this season. It's sunk. There is no point in getting upset about McD until next January, and I'll be cheering my boys in blue & orange this fall.

But at the of the season, I'll be sure to dig this thread back up. I'm thinking ahead, and I hope Bowlen is, too.
    Ah so you're instead just being negative and assuming we're going to suck? I see.

While I'm a bit befuddled by some of the moves the staff has made, I'll at least give them the benefit of the doubt that they know more than a bunch of armchair GMs chatting on these message boards. They'll get their chance to prove they know what they're doing. And I hope, for all our sakes, that there's a method to their madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Ah so you're instead just being negative and assuming we're going to suck? I see.
    Just callin' it as I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    While I'm a bit befuddled by some of the moves the staff has made, I'll at least give them the benefit of the doubt that they know more than a bunch of armchair GMs chatting on these message boards. They'll get their chance to prove they know what they're doing. And I hope, for all our sakes, that there's a method to their madness.
    I agree with you, and it is my prayer that there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel. But Jav, just as you said, the majority of people are calling this madness. Especially when we all know what was on the board when we are taking RBs & CBs...

I am very very fearfull that there is going to be a black hole forming @ dove valley and everything is just going to get sucked in and implode....

Quote Originally Posted by aaronheeb View Post
    I agree with you, and it is my prayer that there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel. But Jav, just as you said, the majority of people are calling this madness. Especially when we all know what was on the board when we are taking RBs & CBs...

I am very very fearfull that there is going to be a black hole forming @ dove valley and everything is just going to get sucked in and implode....
    I have mixed feelings about that. With our first pick, Orakpo certainly plays with heart but I think Moreno is more of a sure thing. And while our offense was potent last year, it wasn't so much on the ground. I've been craving a top-tier running back for a while. So I can live with that one.

The trade for Alphonso Smith does have me in more of a mode. I feel like he would still have been available at our next pick. And even if not, I don't see him as such a sure thing that we needed to trade that first rounder for him. I was definitely thinking we were trading for Maualuga, Brown, Brace or White.

Oh, well. I'll still wait to see how things pan out before calling for blood. The staff does this for a living and so I trust them to know more than the fans... at least until they prove otherwise.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Bumped in response to Richard Quinn.

No need for Scheffler either I suppose. I hear he was Cutler's roommate and therefore cannot be trusted, no matter what his playing ability is.

Bumped in response to Richard Quinn.

No need for Scheffler either I suppose. I hear he was Cutler's roommate and therefore cannot be trusted, no matter what his playing ability is.
    He seems more of a Graham type of tight end, not Scheffler. Scheff is still the receiving TE on this team... unless they trade him.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Behavioral economics proposes the opposite: that sunk costs greatly affect actors' decisions, because humans are inherently loss aversive and thus normally act irrationally when making economic decisions.
    Give me a break. We have no idea what we will look like in a couple of years. A more accurate assessment would be if he did what you proposed. Take a risk, do not wait to see the results, and change course again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch1ggs View Post
    It's a good letter, but McDaniels still has this season to prove/redeem himself.

We picked good players. I am excited about Smith. Really excited.
    He has several years to prove himself. If the offense is average and the draft picks are promising, McD had a successful year.

Also, Bowlen obviously liked the vision McD presented when he hired him. You are selling Bowlen short if you think McD only has a year.

Quote Originally Posted by oXAvalancheXo View Post
    O How I'd love to eat my words. But the what if's. It seems to me theres really no what if we do bad. It IS we are going to do bad.
    We were lucky to be 8-8 last season. We finished 5-8, with both the offense and defense folding. We even managed to get to get crushed by the Raiders, their only win during a disasterous eight game stretch. We are changing offensive and defensive philosophies, which requires a revamp of personnel. Really going out on a limb to say we will probably struggle.

I completely agree with Shanny going. Look up my posts from a couple of years ago if you like. It was a good, timely decision. To now think he will now descend to a one year, win or leave mindset does not make sense.

Ironically, Cutler's behavior in all of this probably helped McD save face.

Quite the interpretation. Cutler is the loss. As Manager, Bowlen needs to forget Cutler and assess team's progress from today forward. Who the heck cares how they do this year? You guys are so frustrating. Watch how the acquisitions (FA/draft) perform to grade McD. Unless things are a complete mess (see Raiders at the beginning of last year), Bowlen will not even be considering replacing McD.

You are not thinking ahead, you are thinking emotionally. Companies absolutely can not function under the model you are describing.