Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 1204
  1. #121
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,154
    Quote Originally Posted by bert428 View Post
    Hello fellow Bronco Fans,

    For all those who say McDaniels did not try to trade Cutler, it has already been confirmed multiple times. Go to ESPN or any other legitimate sight and read. It is also confirmed that they do not wish to talk with Cutler or his agent at the moment. My guess (and it's only my guess) is that McDaniels will try to find a replacement for Cutler as there is too much animosity already. This is the small picture.

    The big Picture is that Billichek played McDaniels like a violin. If you haven't noticed, McDaniels has been trying to turn the Broncos into the Patriots of the West. It was the Patriots who traded Cassel for less to the Chiefs. WHY? Billecheck is smart and nasty and does not have any ethics. He has been this way his entire career. Who leaked the story of the trade out, The Boston Globe. You think that was an accident ?? GET REAL. Right about now, I'd be money that Bowlen is wishing he never fired Shanny.

    I went through this in Miami with Shula and Jimmy Johnson. Everybody was crying for Shula's head (as well as Marinos). Many of today fans just want a quick fix, a quick ring, a quick everything. (if you ask me that's what's wrong with the country in general today). Well the got JJ and a whole lot of nothing. The ill treated Shula and Marino and what did the get, NOTHING. You have to treat your Franchise players and coaches with respect. Players and coaches have to have hard work ethics and HEART. You have to be willing to put in the work, and fans have to be willing to go along with it.

    Right now I feel sorry for Bowlen, who I'm sure is having a hard time with all this. All the fans who wanted all the change, you got it. Live with it. You have a young Billichek who will do anything he thinks will be better for him whether its morally correct or not. Cutler is done here. Even if they fix it, he'll never look to McDaniels with the respect he had for Shanahan. Hence, he'll never play the same either.

    I don't like Billichek or the Patriots organization, and for what I've seen of his young clone McDaniels, I don't like that either. You give me the Shulas, Shanny, Marino, Tom Landry (another one treated bad at the end of his career), etc. etc. Good plans, honest hard work, morallity and real teamwork, that's what I believe in. That's what I want my teenage son to believe in.

    Bert428
    Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue1980 View Post
    The same type of thing happened with Dan Reeves and John Elway. Pat Bowlen has shown that he is a players owner. Dan Reeves got the boot. And John went on to win 2 superbowls with a better coach. McDaniels is going to get the same thing. He is a student of the best in Belichek. Remember the whole spygate fiasco. Well McDaniels was a part of that too. He has had plenty of damage control to deal with and now, to no ones surprise, he is doing it again.

    As big a fan I am, I hope this season blows up in McDaniel's face and he gets fired. It's what he deserves and he can take Xanders with him!

    Trading your franchise QB is a dumb, idiotic move. No team would do that. Unless the teams had a huge falling out that the QB wanted out immediately! If Mcdaniels doesnt come clean with Jay and fix this now, He will get stuck having to trade Cutler, and getting someone that will never amount to his talent level.

    All JOSH had to do was put a decent defense together, middle of the pack, and the team would win 4-5 more games than last year and into the playoffs we go with a great team. But no, he had to have his lifetime backup QB and i hope that he pays the price. Cassell will not do a thing on that bad KC team. He will look like the backup he always has been. And McDaniels will get the boot next offseason.
    I couldn't agree more....

    Just as I've said.

    You do NOT trade a 25 year old, franchised, PRO BOWL player for a career backup who had one decent season (being protected with a very SOUND defense).

    Jay Cutler's ceiling is SOOOO much higher than Matt Cassel's it's not even a comparison.

    He is just that much more dynamic and special.

    This rookie idiot coach comes in here and tries to trade our franchise quarterback because he wanted his boy toy back. What kind of an idiot is Josh McDaniel's? Is he actually AFRAID to coach new players?

    Does he realllllly think Cutler doesn't fit in his system? If so, he's a complete moron.

    The fact that he LIED to Jay and covered it up with the whole "We were NEVER going to trade Jay... He is our QB" quote shows just how big of an ignorant ass he has made of himself.

    Coach McDaniels, I supported you since you were signed. I supported your FA signees... But this? This is almost laughable.

    Thanks for turning this team into a distressed franchise. CIA Patriot/Spygate at his best..

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    Honestly, it's called common sense.

    Most people over the age of 10 have it.

    He's using quotes and facts to support his argument, you're using profanity.
    He put Manning and Cutler on the same plane, which was ridiculous. If that was not his intent, then what was it?

  3. #123
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilrush View Post
    He put Manning and Cutler on the same plane, which was ridiculous. If that was not his intent, then what was it?
    False..

    I did NOT compare Cutler to Manning for the way they stacked up.


    I CLEARLY stated that teams do not just ask other teams to trade for their franchise quarterback, without having some sort of knowledge that that franchised player is ON the trading block.

    I used an example:

    The Lions don't call up the Colts to see if they could package a deal for Peyton Manning.

    The Lions don't call up the Broncos to see if they could package a deal of Jay Cutler.

    The Lions would have to have some welcomed information FROM the Broncos back office that Jay was even ON the block.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your dreams, crushing them!!!
    Posts
    15,020
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    You don't NEED inside information if you use half of your brain.

    It's just common sense.

    Like I posted earlier:

    Teams just don't ask if they can trade for a franchise QB. Do you hear the Lions asking the Colts for a Petyon Manning trade?

    Damn, think for once.
    Peyton has an SB ring, as do Eli and Ben.

    I'd consider Jay's position to be untouchable when he has an SB ring.

    At the moment he's just a .500 QB.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




    formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

    I have been adopted by Chris Wade


  5. #125
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    Peyton has an SB ring, as do Eli and Ben.

    I'd consider Jay's position to be untouchable when he has an SB ring.

    At the moment he's just a .500 QB.
    The SB ring excuse may be legit, but it doesn't work for this...

    You're getting away from my argument that McDaniels is a liar.


    Okay.. Jay does not have a ring... But what I am saying:

    Teams will not just call up a team to ask and try to package a deal for a FRANCHISE quarterback REGARDLESS of a Super Bowl ring. As many of you who thinks it happens all the time, it doesn't.

    Josh McDummy HUNG Cutler out on the trading block. He exercised the option to trade him when he found out his boy toy was up for trades.


    That's where I used the Manning, and the Rothlisberger example.


    The fact that McDumbass said "We were NEVER going to trade Jay" is just PURE bunk. He lied.

    He wanted to trade him the minute Matt Cassel's name was flying around.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    I don't have to be close to anyone... Hell I live in Wisconsin.


    I just look at the facts, the quotes, the truth.


    The truth is, McDaniels lied.

    Ok. That's nice. If it bothers you so much, go cheer for another team. Real Broncos fans support the ENTIRE team. You have zero proof that McDaniels lied because you aren't close to any of these situations. McDaniels and Xanders said they never intended to trade Cutler and there is ZERO proof to show otherwise. McDaniels and Xanders are trying to revive this franchise and have the duty to listen to each and every trade proposal that comes their way. It's their job!

  7. #127
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,154
    Quote Originally Posted by thehoot79 View Post
    Ok. That's nice. If it bothers you so much, go cheer for another team. Real Broncos fans support the ENTIRE team. You have zero proof that McDaniels lied because you aren't close to any of these situations. McDaniels and Xanders said they never intended to trade Cutler and there is ZERO proof to show otherwise. McDaniels and Xanders are trying to revive this franchise and have the duty to listen to each and every trade proposal that comes their way. It's their job!
    That is a LAME argument.

    Since I disagree with the coach, I should find a NEW TEAM to like? That is ridiculous.

    Proof... The proof comment is so old.

    The writing is on the wall my friend.

    If you really are going to sit here and tell me that McDummy had no.. ZERO intentions of trading Cutler, I might just crack.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    242
    I've argued this time and time again.. might as well give it one more shot.

    The Lions don't call up the Colts to see if they could package a deal for Peyton Manning.

    The Lions don't call up the Broncos to see if they could package a deal of Jay Cutler.
    That's your argument. That's your proof, your writing on the wall, whatever you want to call it, everything is based on that. Like it's some kind of concrete thing that could never ever ever happen, not just an assumption.

    For you, it's not even possible that a couple teams thought McDaniels might be interested in the quarterback that he's been tied to the hip for the past year. That those teams knew it was a long shot, but figured it was worth it to at least check, and that McDaniels listened to their offer, only because he knows teams sometimes teams make crazy trades like Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams. And when he realized the offers weren't anywhere near those, he told them no, and that was that. Instead, you trust every outside source, not what's coming straight from the horse's mouth.

    I know this won't change your mind, you're too fixed on it being all "McDummy"'s fault, that he simply must be lying, there's no other option. Right?

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your dreams, crushing them!!!
    Posts
    15,020
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    The SB ring excuse may be legit, but it doesn't work for this...

    You're getting away from my argument that McDaniels is a liar.


    Okay.. Jay does not have a ring... But what I am saying:

    Teams will not just call up a team to ask and try to package a deal for a FRANCHISE quarterback REGARDLESS of a Super Bowl ring. As many of you who thinks it happens all the time, it doesn't.

    Josh McDummy HUNG Cutler out on the trading block. He exercised the option to trade him when he found out his boy toy was up for trades.


    That's where I used the Manning, and the Rothlisberger example.


    The fact that McDumbass said "We were NEVER going to trade Jay" is just PURE bunk. He lied.

    He wanted to trade him the minute Matt Cassel's name was flying around.
    You don't know this for sure, you are just projecting your anger.

    McDaniels has to listen to every call, and weigh up the benefits to the team. That's what he is employed to do.

    You don't know all the facts, you are ASSUMING that McDaniels is behind all this. Take off your blinkers and think about it logically.

    Why wouldn't other teams go to a former Pats coach when there is a Pats player up for grabs? You get the player going to a coach who knows him, and and a player who knows the coaches systems.

    Jay expressed disatisfaction when Shanny and Bates were fired, so if I'm coming from another team, I'm thinking "Perhaps this kid doesn't WANT to play there any more, and the FO would consider a trade".

    Not everything on ESPN is gospel.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




    formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

    I have been adopted by Chris Wade


  10. #130
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    That is a LAME argument.

    Since I disagree with the coach, I should find a NEW TEAM to like? That is ridiculous.

    Proof... The proof comment is so old.

    The writing is on the wall my friend.

    If you really are going to sit here and tell me that McDummy had no.. ZERO intentions of trading Cutler, I might just crack.

    Your entire argument is based on your own assumptions, which automatically makes it a mute point. The "writing is on the wall" you say? Where? Show me one piece of evidence that shows that McDaniels and Xanders actively contacted another team and "shopped" Jay Cutler. Oh...that's right....you have no such evidence. Once again, it is their JOB to listen to each and every trade offer, no matter who the player is, as this is not a winning team, at the moment. And come on, do you really believe that McDaniels believes that Matt Cassel is a better QB than Jay Cutler? Nobody on the planet would believe that.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,154
    I gotta get to class... but I will respond.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    I gotta get to class... but I will respond.
    Yeah, go to class. Typical college student. "I know everything and you know nothing, even though I don't have a job or live in the real world yet."

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by thehoot79 View Post
    Your entire argument is based on your own assumptions, which automatically makes it a mute point. The "writing is on the wall" you say? Where? Show me one piece of evidence that shows that McDaniels and Xanders actively contacted another team and "shopped" Jay Cutler. Oh...that's right....you have no such evidence. Once again, it is their JOB to listen to each and every trade offer, no matter who the player is, as this is not a winning team, at the moment. And come on, do you really believe that McDaniels believes that Matt Cassel is a better QB than Jay Cutler? Nobody on the planet would believe that.
    1.) Mortensen (I know, consider the source) claimed his sources told him they were actively shopping Jay (heard it on Mike and Mike and The Herd with Colin). But I'm still waiting for Shanny to sign with the Chiefs.

    2.) I don't think McDaniels believes that Cassel is better, but I do think McDaniels believes that Cassel is less prone to make dumb mistakes. The system (as it was explained to me) is based on QBs not trying to make a play when there's nothing there, it's about QBs taking a 12 yeard sack rather than turning the ball over. Cassel is definitely the safer pick (because he won't throw as much and hence won't turn the ball over as much), but when Cutler is on his game he can make plays out of nothing.
    Eat Greedy!

    We Eat With Both Hands, Elbows on the Table, Big Steaks!

  14. #134
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,478
    Quote Originally Posted by thehoot79 View Post
    Yeah, go to class. Typical college student. "I know everything and you know nothing, even though I don't have a job or live in the real world yet."
    Hey, wanna know something funny? B4 HAS A JOB. And he works, ALOT!!!. There have been times he has worked 24 hours in 2 days. So yeah, He is not a typical College Student. Oh, and without giving too much away, Peoples Lives depend on him doing his job well. He has an apartment and pays for his own rent, pays for everything.

    So why dont you back the heck up off of him.
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by thehoot79 View Post
    Yeah, go to class. Typical college student. "I know everything and you know nothing, even though I don't have a job or live in the real world yet."
    What the hell? I'm going to college and I'm probably close to ten years his elder. Are you going to attack me now? B4 and I may not be best buddies, but these kind of attacks are exactly what's wrong with this board.
    Eat Greedy!

    We Eat With Both Hands, Elbows on the Table, Big Steaks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •