Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Madness View Post
    What the hell? I'm going to college and I'm probably close to ten years his elder. Are you going to attack me now? B4 and I may not be best buddies, but these kind of attacks are exactly what's wrong with this board.

Well, if you are 10 years his elder, then you obviously live in the real world and have a job, so you don't need to worry. People who don't understand how businesses work, shouldn't be stating opinions about business. NFL or otherwise. Just my opinion.

Communication is the Key

My opinion on this situation is that Jay Cutler is showing his immaturity by making assumptions about these negotiations and then blabbing in the media without first communicating with the coaches and management. McDaniels and Xanders also showed their inexperience by not keeping Cutler in the loop.

Iím sure Cutler assumed that seeing how McDaniels came from New England and Cassel was obviously very familiar to him, that McDaniels initiated the negotiations. At that rate, yes he should be miffed. However, did he ever think that maybe Tampa Bay had that thought as well, and that is maybe why they contacted McDaniels and initiated the negotiations? Good thought process on their part, right? Cutler seems to see all of the negatives in this whole Shanahan/McDaniels situation.

In professional sports, unfortunately, in most cases, the players are basically a commodity, and have no say in whether they will be traded or not. In this case, however, Cutler is not just an ordinary player and probably should have been consulted to see what his feelings on the thought process would be. This was definitely short-sited to not consult him.

All in all, these men are adults and Pro Football is a business. The key is to open up some strong lines of communication and not go behind each otherís backs! Letís put this all behind us and learn and grow together from it!!

Quote Originally Posted by thehoot79 View Post
    Yeah, go to class. Typical college student. "I know everything and you know nothing, even though I don't have a job or live in the real world yet."
    I may not agree with B4 but this is an idiotic post.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

i am just surprized at how much people are making of SPECULATION and CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence. Everything has been " he said this...... " and " a confidential source said this ....."

Seriously people.... get off the high school rumour mill trend already. Nothing is know for sure, people can only guess at what people intents were. And with not alot happening right now in the offseason what else are we going to talk about ?

Oh I miss the days of TO doing situps in his front yard getting all the attention. Comn back Ocho Cinco and demand a trade, because we need something else to talk about this offseason... please? pretty please?? tehre is some camera time in itfor ya

Quote Originally Posted by thehoot79 View Post
    Yeah, go to class. Typical college student. "I know everything and you know nothing, even though I don't have a job or live in the real world yet."
    You =

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Okay.... Thanks for the patience.

First of all, I don't have concrete PROOF that McDaniel's said that he was going to trade Cutler.

Assumptions aside, if you just really BREAK it down and THINK about the events this weekend, it's as clear as water that McD tried to trade Cutler.

Why is this so complicated for people? McDaniels coached Matt Cassel for 4 years and wanted him in Denver. He prefers Cassel to Cutler which is just stupid because Cutler IS the better player.

He wanted a guy that could run his system. He wanted a safety net, instead of teaching a guy who went to Vandy (who isn't stupid) his own system.

Tampa Bay offered a first-round draft pick to the Broncos for Cutler. As the proposed deal continued, the Broncos were to send Tampa Bay's first- round pick to New England in exchange for Matt Cassel.

But that did NOT happen, why?

The FIRST question that should be brought up here is:

Why did the Pats NOT take this deal for a 1st round pick from either Denver or the Lions or the Bucs, all of which would be better than the one they got from KC??

Why? Because the deal was made too LATE. Belichek had already agreed with Pioli to send Cassel to KC for a 2nd round pick. By the time the Bucs offer of a 1st rounder came in it was simply too late, so the deal collapsed for McD.

Now remember, the LIONS were right in this dealio too.

McDaniels desperately tried to resurrect the deal with the Lions as the intermediary, but the same obstacle existed. I.e. Cassel was already on his way to KC, so Belichek wasn't in a position to trade.

Do you REALLY think Belichek wanted to give Denver his go to boy toy? Knowing for a FACT how SHADY Belichek treated his former assistant coaches?? He could have gotten Cassel for a first round pick... but ended up getting him for a second.

AFTER all of this happened, McD was quoted saying :
    We don't want to trade Jay. We never did. He's our quarterback. We're excited about this season.
    Do you REALLY think Jay believes that? Do YOU believe that? Do you wonder WHY Jay is so pissed? (Although.. I DO wish he'd come to Denver and talk!)

Now c'mon people. You can say that I had ZERO proof at all, and nothing that I mentioned was concrete... all silly assumptions.

But if you open your eyes, the writing WAS on the wall.

Cutler was on the phone with Mort telling him that HE KNEW they were trying to trade him. "They may deny it, but they were trying to trade me."

But I'll stand with what I say... When Cassel's boy toy was on the block, McD TRIED hard to get Jay Cuter out, and his boy toy in.

And his original deal collapsed right into face, and now he's lying out of his ass.
    Last edited by Peerless; 03-02-2009 at 03:34 PM.

I just don't see what's so different between this and a coach going to a new job and trying to get his old assistants on board.

How is it different than Shanahan leaving San Fran and bringing Kubiak with him?

OF COURSE he wants to make the transition as easy as possible. Wouldn't you? he's getting paid millions to make this a good team, and he KNOWS what he has with Cassel. Plus, he BUILT Cassel.

What if he sent out the message that he would trade Cutler, but only if he got Cassel? That, to me, is the sign of a coach doing his job, and exploring options.
    In Manning I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMoose View Post
    I just don't see what's so different between this and a coach going to a new job and trying to get his old assistants on board.

How is it different than Shanahan leaving San Fran and bringing Kubiak with him?

OF COURSE he wants to make the transition as easy as possible. Wouldn't you? he's getting paid millions to make this a good team, and he KNOWS what he has with Cassel. Plus, he BUILT Cassel.

What if he sent out the message that he would trade Cutler, but only if he got Cassel? That, to me, is the sign of a coach doing his job, and exploring options.
    That's a DAMN good point TRM. And I agree, you WOULD think he would want to make this franchise a winner the easy way.

But if he was such a god at building quarterbacks... Why can't he do it with Jay Cutler? He's been around quarterbacks for 4 years... do you REALLY think Jay could not learn a pass happy system? The same Jay that went to Vandy university?

Oh, and on top of that Cutler's cap hit this season is less than $6 million, while Cassel's is $14 million! So Denver would also lose $8 million against the salary cap to get a worse player too!

And if he really was going to come to a team... and replace their franchise quarterback without upsetting the CITY and the FANS, he has ANOTHER thing coming and it shows still how YOUNG and IMMATURE of a coach he really is.

But still... that statement you made is still getting away from the fact that McD wanted to trade Cutler, and lied about it in the end.

Agreed, he wanted to, but only a certain set of circumstances. That's tantamount to saying "we'll trade Cutler, but you've got to wow us, and Peyton Manning has to be involved." McDaniels obviously has a really high opinion of Cassel, and wanted to see what could develop.

Nothing did. The whole thing is over. Cutler needs to grow up, come talk like an adult at the big kids table, and start preparing for the season.
    In Manning I trust.

Right now, I am not a huge fan of baby-mac, and I would be really upset if Cutler was traded away. As a Bronco fan, I am hoping for the best and have been looking for my orange-colored glasses all day. I truly want to believe this will all blow over and the team will band together and be great.

With that said, however, I really do agree that it "appears" like baby-mac lied about this one. All the quotes and evidence presented sure do seem to make it clear to me. Also, one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Cutler found out about the situation from his agent. Now, from what I know about these trades, the agent isn't contacted until there is a deal in the works. If the GMs are just talking on the phone about different scenarios, and no deal is satisfactory, the agent never gets called. There is no need. So just the fact that the agent WAS called implies this deal was VERY close to being made. This leads credence to Williamson and the entire ESPN staff, who have been reporting that this deal was more than just a phone conversation.

So is baby-mac a liar? probably. However, I think Shanny was a liar on many occasions as well. Remember Bubby Brister? Or how about that incident of "accidently" leaving the correct jersies at home, forcing the chargers to wear the hot ones in the 100 degree weather? Most people thought those decisions were just good coaching moxie.

It's too bad Tony Dungy wasn't available. That guy sure has class and I'm not sure he has ever told a lie in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMoose View Post
    Agreed, he wanted to, but only a certain set of circumstances. That's tantamount to saying "we'll trade Cutler, but you've got to wow us, and Peyton Manning has to be involved." McDaniels obviously has a really high opinion of Cassel, and wanted to see what could develop.

Nothing did. The whole thing is over. Cutler needs to grow up, come talk like an adult at the big kids table, and start preparing for the season.
    I agree.

Although I still won't deny that McD is a liar and that he started this whole thing by trying to trade Jay in the first place.... Both men need to swallow a little pride and get the train back on the tracks.

Because with a dysfunctional coach and QB relationship, the future for the franchise is GLOOM.

Just a point of recognition, cassle had the "franchise" tag. Montana was a franchise QB and traded, Jeff Garcia was SF's Franchise too, Farve was a Franchise QB, Kurt Warner was St Louis's franchise QB, Lineart was a Franchised QB that is riding the pine, and used as trade bait, Young was a franchised QB Riding the pine, and will ride the pine this year. Kerry Collins went to the superbowl with the giants and was cut. Dilfer won the superbowl and was cut. Travarius jackson was the second coming of warren moon, and is going to be cut.

It's a bussiness, trades happen, the broncos existed and even were above 500 without cutler. He is the childish one in this story, get over it.

If you want any real prof that McD is a liar it would have to be at his 1st press conference when he said something like "I am very excited to work with Cutler" as in ya he is not going anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Pilfin View Post

With that said, however, I really do agree that it "appears" like baby-mac lied about this one. All the quotes and evidence presented sure do seem to make it clear to me. Also, one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Cutler found out about the situation from his agent. Now, from what I know about these trades, the agent isn't contacted until there is a deal in the works. If the GMs are just talking on the phone about different scenarios, and no deal is satisfactory, the agent never gets called. There is no need. So just the fact that the agent WAS called implies this deal was VERY close to being made. This leads credence to Williamson and the entire ESPN staff, who have been reporting that this deal was more than just a phone conversation.
    GOOD point.

AND the fact that when the Broncos disconnected all communications with Jay's agent after all of this was blown apart also points towards the idea that McDaniels WAS trying to trade Cutler away.

I really don't know how much more I can say.... It's all here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hamburgler View Post
    So why dont you back the heck up off of him.
    Because he is being emotional, instead of rational. He really needs to calm down and knock off the name calling.