View Poll Results: Did you cry watching the Tebow documentary?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

19 10.98%
  • Yes, at some point during the documentary

29 16.76%
  • No, but inspired

61 35.26%
  • No, are you kidding me. You lose man points.

64 36.99%
Page 311 of 666 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301 309 310 311 312 313 321 361 411 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 9985
    Quote Originally Posted by 91bronco View Post
    For what it's worth, there is a TON of fun stuff to do in Vegas when you're trying to keep it clean. I've been there with my family when both my sister and I were not of age. Plenty of fun for anyones taste.
    couldnt agree more. There is plenty to do for any type of person. Just because you go to vegas does not mean you have to go out get drunk and go to strip clubs.

To each his own in vegas.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Am I the only one pumped that I wear the same attire as tebow.
    nope. in fact, when I read your post, I said to myself, "the0rangecrush and Tebow wear the same clothes? awesome!"

best news of the off season so far!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Brannon View Post
    You can tell Tebow is a good quarterback, he wears a white belt!

(Thank YOU Mod/Admin for fixing my wrong misteak dupliate post).
    Last edited by dreamsfloatjoe; 02-09-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: oops
    http://www.anchorsaweighcharters.com (No financial associations, usual disclaimers.)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    That's not my argument. My argument is that Rodgers was a project. He didn't fall to number 24 overall because he was NFL ready. Rodgers had the natural talent. He had all of the athleticism that he needed. But he needed time to develop. Does that sound like anyone else we know?
    I think they just didn't evaluate him correctly, and he fell because they picked Alex Smith over him, wrong choice.

A lot of times QB's fall because teams don't pick a QB in the first round unless they need one. There are needs for multiples at every position except QB, so a DT, DE, CB that is good will go top 10. But QB's can be the #2 rated and fall to the late first, like Brady Quinn or Aaron Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Sign of defeat already.

Once again bF! You are being on dimensional by ONLY mentioning the Chargers.
    Actually, I've mentioned the Raiders game and people said that was a fluke. They told me that there wasn't enough game footage of Tebow to make him look bad or to show his true problems.

People told me at the Texans game that he still had problems with happy feet (which I pointed out) and that he was inaccurate. I noticed that too but I also noticed his good parts. Like...being able to lead a team that was down 17 at the half to come back and win it.

He's had a 100% completion rate in the end zone unlike :orton: who gets all the way to the endzone and then can't do squat. Just saying, since you want to bring up the Tebow vs. Orton debate. Not trying to be argumentative here but I've pointed out this several times. I just refuse to argue with Phaytal because every post he has made about Tebow has been exceedingly negative and argumentative.

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    I think they just didn't evaluate him correctly, and he fell because they picked Alex Smith over him, wrong choice.

A lot of times QB's fall because teams don't pick a QB in the first round unless they need one. There are needs for multiples at every position except QB, so a DT, DE, CB that is good will go top 10. But QB's can be the #2 rated and fall to the late first, like Brady Quinn or Aaron Rodgers.
    Some say it was since he wasnt a top high school prospect and got on Cal by a fluke others say its because cal were underachievers against worse teams.

The Raiders the Browns and even the Seahawks believed they needed a QB that year they did not want to risk a 1st on him.

The Vikings who put off a year to get a QB passed on him twice to get Jackson next year. He was severely underrated and I know many did not believe it. He had amazing accuracy and strength yet he was known to not scan the field that well and not see wide-open receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Some say it was since he wasnt a top high school prospect and got on Cal by a fluke others say its because cal were underachievers against worse teams.

The Raiders the Browns and even the Seahawks believed they needed a QB that year they did not want to risk a 1st on him.

The Vikings who put off a year to get a QB passed on him twice to get Jackson next year. He was severely underrated and I know many did not believe it. He had amazing accuracy and strength yet he was known to not scan the field that well and not see wide-open receivers.
    I don't disagree I just think they main thing is that they were wrong about him, not that he "needed" to red shirt.

He was awesome. It's just that QB talent (and potential) is very, very hard to evaluate. I've said it before -- look at all the years going back to Elway's year. By my informal count, in only three years did the best quarterback go as the first quarterback taken. (I'm leaving 2010 off, to early to tell). The most "iffy" year is Carson Palmer -- that class didn't seem to have any good ones in it, but it seems like at least one candidate went later.

I score Aikman, Peyton Manning, and Matt Ryan as three quarterbacks who were the best in their class, and were the first qb taken (and Flacco may turn out to be better than Ryan). I may be overlooking one, but in all others, the 2d, 3rd or later QB was better.

This is a diversion, I know. I'm just not of the opinion that you "ruin" a quarterback by putting him out their "too soon." What ruins him is HOW you use him. The new blueprint is the Matty Ryan blueprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc13 View Post
    in case anybody hasn;t noticed, we're not competitive...if we're gonna lose anyway, may as well get the qb we drafted in the first round some reps...and while we're doing it we'll save some money by trading the qb that is gonna cost us 9 mil next year

i don;t care what is written or what anybody in the organization says....this team is in rebuilding mode...it makes no sense to play a qb we already know isn't going to win us a superbowl, at least not without a top 5 defense...there are other teams out there that could use that type of qb... we're not one
    Do you know that the Carolina Panthers were 1-15 in 2001? Then they brought in John Fox and went 7-9 in 2002. In 2003 they went 11-5, won the NFC South, then swept their way thru the playoffs, winning the NFC Championship and going to the SUPER BOWL?

Fox has proven that he can turn around a bad team and make them Super Bowl contenders in just 2 short years.

Hiring John Fox made the Broncos instantly competitive...
    Last edited by neckbeard; 02-09-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Do you know that the Carolina Panthers were 1-15 in 2001? Then they brought in John Fox and went 7-9 in 2002. In 2003 they went 11-5, won the NFC South, then swept their way thru the playoffs, winning the NFC Championship and going to the SUPER BOWL?

Fox has proven that he can turn around a bad team and make them Super Bowl contenders in just 2 short years.

just think how much more competitive we'll be after we free up the money owed orton

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    I don't disagree I just think they main thing is that they were wrong about him, not that he "needed" to red shirt.

He was awesome. It's just that QB talent (and potential) is very, very hard to evaluate. I've said it before -- look at all the years going back to Elway's year. By my informal count, in only three years did the best quarterback go as the first quarterback taken. (I'm leaving 2010 off, to early to tell). The most "iffy" year is Carson Palmer -- that class didn't seem to have any good ones in it, but it seems like at least one candidate went later.

I score Aikman, Peyton Manning, and Matt Ryan as three quarterbacks who were the best in their class, and were the first qb taken (and Flacco may turn out to be better than Ryan). I may be overlooking one, but in all others, the 2d, 3rd or later QB was better.

This is a diversion, I know. I'm just not of the opinion that you "ruin" a quarterback by putting him out their "too soon." What ruins him is HOW you use him. The new blueprint is the Matty Ryan blueprint.
    Brees and Rivers are best in present history. Brees' development was stalled due to the idea he needed to start. Since that happened he was poorly evaluated and eventually the team lost a franchise QB. Several QB's like Ryan are the exception not the rule. The average QB takes 2-3 years many have taken longer being used to soon. Those that have done well like Sanchez and Ben before him also have a great cast on both sides of the ball.

Ryan had less problems to fix Tebows list is long and why many wont give him a chance. He needs time be Patient good things come to those that wait.

I think everyone by now knows where I stand

He looked more ready then you expected. Ok so when Cutler won it justified benching Plummer.

The truth is Orton is not a great QB he is above average he plays not to lose and he is brittle. So yes if we want what is best for us yes starting Tebow is the right answer right now. Yet, what those who think we are Orton supporters dont get its not best for Tebow. Rarely players do well in the first 3 years years especially not QB's, they get widely criticized and wont have time to develop. QB's like Rivers benefit from being on the bench despite as many believed not being the top QB. Brees was believed to be a bad QB since he took longer to develop the reason was he started to soon, so they drafted Rivers and put Brees in a hard situation.

How many games will we win 6? Is that worth risking Tebows future to win those few of games. He needs to sit and learn, because it is whats best for Tebow, and what is best for Tebow is best for the Broncos.

Mark my words these boards will be screaming for Tyler Bray in 2013 if we force Tebow to start before he fixes his problems. We need to be patient, I know for Bronco fans that is hard yet it is what is best.
    Please read Drew Brees' book. The Chargers still really liked Drew as a backup when they let him go but Drew was too competitive to take the smaller salary without a guarantee he'd compete to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard

just think how much more competitive we'll be after we free up the money owed orton
    The Broncos were 27th in the League for player salaries in 2010. Oakland spent nearly $60M more than Denver last season. There's plenty of cash if Denver needs to spend it.

But that has nothing to do with my point about Fox making teams quickly competitive. The point is that Fox got Carolina to the Super Bowl in just his 2nd year there. So going with Orton - who gives Denver the best chance to win now - as opposed to Tebow - who needs a lot of work - makes sense...
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    The Broncos were 27th in the League for player salaries in 2010. Oakland spent nearly $60M more than Denver last season. There's plenty of cash if Denver needs to spend it.

But that has nothing to do with my point about Fox making teams quickly competitive. The point is that Fox got Carolina to the Super Bowl in just his 2nd year there. So going with Orton - who gives Denver the best chance to win now - as opposed to Tebow - who needs a lot of work - makes sense...
    We will see. I'm ready for another season with :orton: I will be sad if he is still here but not devastated. At any rate I think that :orton: doesn't give us nearly as good a chance to win as Tebow. But that's my opinion. At least when Tebow played the Chargers he gave us a chance as opposed to Orton who just let a 7-0 lead slip slowly and steadily away.

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Brees and Rivers are best in present history. Brees' development was stalled due to the idea he needed to start. Since that happened he was poorly evaluated and eventually the team lost a franchise QB.
    Nope, not correct. He absolutely smoked it. He sat the first year, which you seem to think is important. He broke out big time in 2004 and 2005, but by that time Rivers had been chosen. They had to make a fish or cut bait decision on him, and the shoulder injury was what made them let him go. But his development was great.

Several QB's like Ryan are the exception not the rule. The average QB takes 2-3 years many have taken longer being used to soon. Those that have done well like Sanchez and Ben before him also have a great cast on both sides of the ball.
    It's really the trend now. I know you are really firm on your idea that the normal way is to sit for a while, and the quarterback might be ruined otherwise, but it's just not the case that it's the norm.

If your way is the "rule," the following current starters would be exceptions to the rule -- Flacco, Ryan, Stafford, Sanchez, Roethlesberger, Freeman, Bradford, even going back to Peyton Manning.

Ryan had less problems to fix Tebows list is long and why many wont give him a chance. He needs time be Patient good things come to those that wait.
    And this is what it always comes down to -- it's not a "rule," it's just Tebow supposed deficiencies mean he's in the remedial class. Well, he has way more things he's good at, and the best way to improve is to get live practice reps and game reps. Time to start designing plays and play-calling for him, and put him on the Sanchez plan.

If he's not good enough, cast him aside. But he'll improve most by being focused on and featured.

(And there's no need to bring up Orton as this safe bet of a starter -- there's not just going to be agreement on that. Orton will break your heart every time, but some people see it otherwise).