View Poll Results: Did you cry watching the Tebow documentary?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

    19 10.98%
  • Yes, at some point during the documentary

    29 16.76%
  • No, but inspired

    61 35.26%
  • No, are you kidding me. You lose man points.

    64 36.99%
Page 527 of 666 FirstFirst ... 27 427 477 517 525 526 527 528 529 537 577 627 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 9985
  1. #7891
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    http://walterfootball.com/pro2009ttebow.php

    Tim Tebow's Scouting Report



    This coming from McGuire, a Tebow hater just like you.

    Tebow was a great deep ball thrower in college, and he had his share of good deep balls as a Bronco last season.

    But I guess those who don't want to see, just won't see it.

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-129521



    http://draftzoo.com/2010/04/2010-nfl...outing-report/



    http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2010/2/...t-tim-tebow-qb



    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...ve-backs-solid



    All you have to do is watch Tebow throwing deep passes in college, and then do the same thing with Blaine Gabbert. It's not even close. Tebow likes to take shots down the field and has the deep accuracy to back it up. Gabbert throws a horrible deep pass. If you think Gabbert is the total package, I disagree. I think he is a small ball QB that won't generate much points and won't execute the vertical passing game well.

    I really want to know what Gabbert will be able to do in the NFL with this kind of game:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5nGYHLeB2g
    It has far less to do with what l supposedly don't want to see than it has to do with l want to see that clearly isn't there. You claim Tebow is accurate deep, l don't see consistency on any level, and in 3 pro starts he was horrible. Worse yet, he's shown a tendency to lead WR's into Sportscenter highlight hits.

    PFW, Scouts Inc, Russ Lande, Mayock, the list of people that think Tebow is inaccurate, not just as a deep passer, but at all four levels is much longer than the list of people that don't. NFL Draft Scout is the best l could find saying he "flashes touch and trajectory on deep throws. Wasn't asked asked to throw true deep balls in this offense but shows the arm strength to do so".

    On the other hand, Gabbert; "Regularly shows the ability to put the ball on the targets numbers, though most of his best throws came within the 10 yards of the LOS due to the Missou spread offense. Throws darts to either side of the field on timing routes and passes between the hashes. Inconsistent throwing outside the hashes, making fantastic throws on out routes and sailing over the head of open receivers or coming up short on touch throws over the top". Gabbert's deep accuracy issues were mainly on touch passes on the 9's, far less likely to doom a QB to failure than an inability to hit the deep out and deep seam passes, the ultimate measure of a QB's deep passing ability. Something Tebow struggles with and something l've seen Gabbert make look easy.

    If you're talking about "Dropping the ball in a bucket" deep passes l think we're done here, few QB's are proficient in that coming out of college, especially coming out of the spread. Line them up, the list of QB's that need to improve in that area is just as long as the list of reasons why they struggle with that. Tebow is no different. Sam Bradford is the rare exception, however, these passes are what helped get JaFat drafted too high..

    It makes no sense to red flag one QB's accuracy when that's your franchise QB's biggest flaw, at least Gabbert's supposed achilles heel isn't compounded by a baseball short stops mechanics. Whatever improvements Gabbert has to make it won't require a massive overhaul of his mechanics. Honestly, you have a better argument with Gabbert's timidness than his deep accuracy, he has far less to overcome in that department than Tebow.

    I'm on my phone and can't open those links, but l've seen both throw deep, if Gabbert is as bad as the Tebow l've seen it's laughable that you'd bring it up in support of argument that Gabbert will ultimately fail.

    I've seen the same reports that you insist should define Gabbert but you don't need me to post every report that supports my argument either, you know they're there. And if you don't l suggest you put as much effort into objectively studying Tebow as you say you do Gabbert. PFW compared Gabbert to Phylis Rivers, Tebow is not Phylis Rivers.

    If you should decide to look at Gabbert a little more objectively you can probably still see entire games on ESPN3.com, youtube highlights are for lazy people that are only interested in confirming what they want to see.......
    Last edited by stnzed; 04-11-2011 at 09:41 PM.

  2. #7892
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    100 Miles From Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    As a backup for starters, he's proven he can spark an offense from the bench, l've stated this plainly and articulately before.

    Let me ask you this, does it make sense to draft a QB after you've filled all the other glaring needs? That is textbook "Putting the cart before the Horse".
    It makes no sense for this team to draft any of the available QBs in the first two rounds. None of them are worth it, when the team has so many other glaring needs, and a perfectly serviceable veteran, along with a second year QB who showed leadership, the ability to rally the team and make plays.

    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Btw, you act as if any player at any position has "franchise" written on him. Marcell Dareus has as many holes in his game as Gabbert, nobody is comparing him to Suh any more than people compare Gabbert to Bradford. And DT's have just as high a bust rate as QB's, for the money invested in the No2 pick, the QB is the better gamble.
    I haven't said a word about Marcel Darius, nor have I compared Gabbert to Bradford. My comparison was with Josh Freeman.
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Far too many holes in you guy's logic, yet you don't act as if your logic is anywhere near as preposterous than my logic.
    If you think your logic is preposterous, be my guest. Doesn't mean I should think mine is. Actually, not even sure what that sentence means.

    What does it mean to say we don't act as if our logic is anywhere near as preposterous than your logic.??

    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Ignore the fact that Tebow was a 1st round pick who started 3 games, it's meaningless.

    As for trading Orton:

    A; There is probably next to no trade value. Fat, steamy load of good a 5th round pick does a team with pathetic talent level, it's a spit in the ocean of draft picks this team needs to contend. And this team needs quality, not quantity, they've been drafting for quantity for 2 straight drafts, l'd say quantity is pretty much filled.
    Yet you prefer him as your starter. Interesting how far you'll go to keep Tebow off the field. You'll even go with a 2-year college starter, with only your opinion as proof that he'd be better than Tebow.

    The desperation to not be proven wrong is palpable.
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    And B; He's the veteran QB that Fox prefers, and he (And Elway) didn't take this job to take on McDaniels' pet project. Not after the Clausen experiment ultimately cost him a ton of respect. He was dead coach walking before Clausen but he wouldn't have had to stoop to taking over this whirlpool of BS if the Panthers didn't finish dead last. He was a highly regarded coach before the 2010 season, as Denver was highly regarded before the McDaniels Error, now they're both bottom feeders.......
    So you think this highly regarded coach should hand the job to someone who isn't even worth a 5th round pick, just because he was dumb enough to sign on to the Clausen experiment?

    That certainly gives me a ton of confidence in our new coach.

  3. #7893
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by blue diamond View Post
    Tebow never said the first feeling when being drafted and hearing his name called would be

    "Bittersweet"

    Only Gabbert said that.

    Let's analyze further...

    Sweet that he got drafted in the 1st round and is going to get paid

    Bitter that he is going to actually have pro expectations on him, and won't be throwing in a spread offense against corners from Iowa State anymore, and will have to work and learn the pro game and won't be big man on campus anymore and is going to be the rookie first round QB better learn the ropes quick...

    Tebow said he'll miss his college teammates, they all say that. Like l said, it's standard operating procedure.

    There are 1000's of more relevant reasons to criticize any and every QB on the planet, the fact that you settled on this topic says a lot more about you than Blaine Gabbert. Your own mom would be rolling her eyes at this nonsense.......

  4. #7894
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by catsigater View Post
    It makes no sense for this team to draft any of the available QBs in the first two rounds. None of them are worth it, when the team has so many other glaring needs, and a perfectly serviceable veteran, along with a second year QB who showed leadership, the ability to rally the team and make plays.
    That sounds a lot like an opinion. And if none of these QB's are worth it how can Fox and Elway throw support behind a QB had a chance to prove he's the answer and failed?.......

    Quote Originally Posted by catsigater View Post
    I haven't said a word about Marcel Darius, nor have I compared Gabbert to Bradford. My comparison was with Josh Freeman.
    I never implied that you did say a word about Dareus, l used his name because he is generally considered the top of Denver's board. Regardless, you've missed the point, nobody in this draft has franchise writen all over him and all have holes in their game.......

    Quote Originally Posted by catsigater View Post
    If you think your logic is preposterous, be my guest. Doesn't mean I should think mine is. Actually, not even sure what that sentence means.

    What does it mean to say we don't act as if our logic is anywhere near as preposterous than your logic.??
    It means that l've shot far too many holes in your logic for you to pretend like my logic makes no sense.......

    Quote Originally Posted by catsigater View Post
    Yet you prefer him as your starter. Interesting how far you'll go to keep Tebow off the field. You'll even go with a 2-year college starter, with only your opinion as proof that he'd be better than Tebow.
    I'd prefer Cutler as my starter. Do with that what you wish, but l do prefer Gabbert to Tebow and it has nothing to do with keeping Tebow off the field (), it has everything to do with building a franchise the right way.......

    Quote Originally Posted by catsigater View Post
    The desperation to not be proven wrong is palpable.
    I think you've overestimated how much l care if you, or anybody else on a message board, think l'm wrong. l think you'd be surprised by how little that actually means to people with a life outside of the internet.......

    Quote Originally Posted by catsigater View Post
    So you think this highly regarded coach should hand the job to someone who isn't even worth a 5th round pick, just because he was dumb enough to sign on to the Clausen experiment?
    First; There's that opinion snag again. You do realize that you're in the minority on this? Right?

    Second: Fox didn't sign on to anything, it was out of his hands. A situation he's hardly willing to duplicate here in Denver.......

    Quote Originally Posted by catsigater View Post
    That certainly gives me a ton of confidence in our new coach.
    Of course it does, he's a Bronco. .......

  5. #7895
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    Hey genius, Luck announced in the immediate aftermath of the game that he WASN'T declaring for the draft. Would have been quite a waste of effort to talk about taking him.
    If you insist.......

  6. #7896
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Junitz23 View Post
    3 months later though bro?
    Haven't been around for 3 months, once every 3 months is about all l can stomach.......

  7. #7897
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,493
    You can't bash someone for using their opinions in their argument and then use your own in your's. How can you judge a QB after 3 games anyway? Do you know how many great QBs you would have lost if you only judged them after 3 games?

  8. #7898
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    19,403
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    NFL Draft Scout is the best l could find saying he "flashes touch and trajectory on deep throws. Wasn't asked asked to throw true deep balls in this offense but shows the arm strength to do so".
    Then NFL Draft Scout is wrong. Because Tebow was asked to throw deep balls in the Florida offense. And he threw it well against the SEC. I don't know how someone can watch games of Tebow in college and say that there were no deep throws. If that's the case, I will have to show you videos of Tebow throwing several deep passes in college.

    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    If you should decide to look at Gabbert a little more objectively you can probably still see entire games on ESPN3.com, youtube highlights are for lazy people that are only interested in confirming what they want to see.......
    How is the link that I gave you for lazy people if such link has all the throws that Gabbert made during a game against Illinois? They are not "highlights", they are all the throws, good or bad. Can't you take anything from that? It's like watching the game, but you go straight to the passing plays.



    ...

    Gabbert many times not even used footwork. He simply turned his hips after a snap in the shotgun and threw a short pass. No more than 3-step drops when he had to drop back. And his deep pass was all over the place, very random. Even with short throws, he could make it hard for his receiver, with the ball slightly off target, sometimes a bullet over the receiver's head. The guy is raw, with bad reaction under pressure and poor accuracy in longer passes.

    His production in college is nothing to rave about, not to mention that he was holding the clipboard before Chase Daniel went to the NFL as an undrafted free agent.

    I want to know which games you watched to think Gabbert is so awesome.



    The guy struggles to make throws against Nevada. Tell me what is very impressive about him. And you can see all his throws in this video. You can also find the link for the 2nd half. Don't tell me it's for lazy people.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 04-11-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  9. #7899
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    You can't bash someone for using their opinions in their argument and then use your own in your's. How can you judge a QB after 3 games anyway? Do you know how many great QBs you would have lost if you only judged them after 3 games?
    I didn't just use my opinion, l think l've made that perfectly obvious. And l'm not just judging Tebow by what he did in 3 games, but by everything. l know what we could reasonably expect by the end of his rookie season and Tebow hasn't shown anything we didn't already know he could do.

    What little improvement he made from the Senior Bowl was gone when he faced live bullets in meaningful games.

    Besides, if l can't conclude that Tebow hasn't answered any questions after 3 games, how can anyone else conclude that Tebow is the franchise QB after 3 games? You've asked me explain my supposed hypocrasy, now it's your turn.......

  10. #7900
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckinjax View Post
    you can sign up at everythinginbetween.com and they will send you an email when they have a release date
    I can't get the website to come up. Maybe try again later?

  11. #7901
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Then NFL Draft Scout is wrong. Because Tebow was asked to throw deep balls in the Florida offense. And he threw it well against the SEC. I don't know how someone can watch games of Tebow in college and say that there were no deep throws. If that's the case, I will have to show you videos of Tebow throwing several deep passes in college.



    How is the link that I gave you for lazy people if such link has all the throws that Gabbert made during a game against Illinois? They are not "highlights", they are all the throws, good or bad. Can't you take anything from that? It's like watching the game, but you go straight to the passing plays.



    ...

    Gabbert many times not even used footwork. He simply turned his hips after a snap in the shotgun and threw a short pass. No more than 3-step drops when he had to drop back. And his deep pass was all over the place, very random. Even with short throws, he could make it hard for his receiver, with the ball slightly off target, sometimes a bullet over the receiver's head. The guy is raw, with bad reaction under pressure and poor accuracy in longer passes.

    His production in college is nothing to rave about, not to mention that he was holding the clipboard before Chase Daniel went to the NFL as an undrafted free agent.

    I want to know which games you watched to think Gabbert is so awesome.



    The guy struggles to make throws against Nevada. Tell me what is very impressive about him. And you can see all his throws in this video. You can also find the link for the 2nd half. Don't tell me it's for lazy people.
    Gabbert's footwork is no different than any other spread QB, even Tebow's, that's the rub, that's what they're taught. Hitch and throw, that's why the spead is a freaking desease. However, when it comes to footwork l have bigger concerns about the short stop who has to split his junk striding into a throw to put enough stank on his fastball to hit even the most basic routes in modern football.

    I've watched as many games as these two have been on TV, complete with context and real time commentary, not just the youtube highlights some dude put on the internet.

    At the best your argument of Gabbert is hypocritical, at worst it's biased. Your opinion of Gabbert sounds like you plagiarized every scouting report l've read on Tim Tebow.

    Btw, l can't get those links because my phone isn't fast enough to stream, not because the links don't work. Not that it matters, they're youtube, a lazy excuse for so-called scouting. What your highlight reel doesn't show could fill Mile High stadium.......
    Last edited by stnzed; 04-11-2011 at 11:15 PM.

  12. #7902
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    And by all means, show everybody Tebow's highlight reel, but put Dave Ragone and Bradlee Van Pelt up there as well.

    Btw, l didn't say there were "no deep throws" in his highlight reel, l said he's horribly inaccurate (Inconsistent at best), perhaps you should send NFL Draft Scout his highlight reel instead.......
    Last edited by stnzed; 04-11-2011 at 11:21 PM.

  13. #7903
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    19,403
    Chase Daniel - stats



    Blaine Gabbert - stats



    Tim Tebow - stats





    ...

    I will keep my opinion. Tim Tebow will be a better NFL quarterback than Blaine Gabbert. Tebow plays with more poise under pressure and is adept at making big plays. Gabbert is a small ball quarterback.

    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Btw, l didn't say there were "no deep throws" in his highlight reel, l said he's horribly inaccurate (Inconsistent at best), perhaps you should send NFL Draft Scout his highlight reel instead.......
    What can I say? You are wrong.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 04-11-2011 at 11:43 PM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  14. #7904
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomTrooper View Post
    OK, that's funny!

  15. #7905
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Chase Daniel - stats



    Blaine Gabbert - stats



    Tim Tebow - stats





    ...

    I will keep my opinion. Tim Tebow will be a better NFL quarterback than Blaine Gabbert. Tebow plays with more poise under pressure and is adept at making big plays. Gabbert is a small ball quarterback.



    What can I say? You are just wrong.
    Perfectly valid opinion, if not perfectly hypocritical.

    And like l said, l'll leave the predictions to those that think they can predict the future. l don't know how l can be wrong when l haven't predicted anything.

    l deal best in what's been proven, not in theories on future realities.......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •