View Poll Results: Did you cry watching the Tebow documentary?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

19 10.98%
  • Yes, at some point during the documentary

29 16.76%
  • No, but inspired

61 35.26%
  • No, are you kidding me. You lose man points.

64 36.99%
Page 570 of 666 FirstFirst ... 70 470 520 560 568 569 570 571 572 580 620 ... LastLast
Results 8,536 to 8,550 of 9985
    Quote Originally Posted by Portia11 View Post
    Liar? That is my opinion, not a lie. A way of relaxing might be to not call people liars.
    It is a lie saying Elway doesnt like Tebow. Elway has never once said he doesnt like Tebow. He said he needs to work on things and is raw as a passer but never once said he doesnt like Tebow.

Maybe instead of saying Elway doesnt like Tebow, you can say I believe that Elway has something against Tebow or I think Elway doesnt like Tebow.

Also I never once called you a liar. I said that statement is a lie.

Lightbulb Tim ...

... Tebow is a running QB. The Broncos need to improve in the rushing department.

The best way to accomplish that is with a basic read when in a spread gun formation. With four receivers wide, where are the safeties? If one safety is 10+ yards deep, six are in the box: block five, read one and run option. If both safeties are 10 + yards deep, five are in the box: block five and run option into the secondary.

If both safeties are in the box, motion to bunch and throw it, or fly motion and run true triple option.

If the Broncos understand the skill set Tebow has and intend to exploit it, they will need a backup QB who can run the same stuff. Tyrod Taylor would be a guy who could do that and play other positions as well.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    ... Tebow is a running QB. The Broncos need to improve in the rushing department.

The best way to accomplish that is with a basic read when in a spread gun formation. With four receivers wide, where are the safeties? If one safety is 10+ yards deep, six are in the box: block five, read one and run option. If both safeties are 10 + yards deep, five are in the box: block five and run option into the secondary.

If both safeties are in the box, motion to bunch and throw it, or fly motion and run true triple option.

If the Broncos understand the skill set Tebow has and intend to exploit it, they will need a backup QB who can run the same stuff. Tyrod Taylor would be a guy who could do that and play other positions as well.
    I 100% agree with picking him up. He can be had in the 4th or 5th round and also could possibly play a bit of WR/QB and could be used for trick plays, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    Orton still has value and Elway would just be throwing that value out the window if he announces Tebow as the starter.
    And I would imagine that Elway has told Tebow the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by furtureisours View Post
    so i was wondering why we should get a QB in this years draft. Did tebow in your eyes really do that bad last year. So far to me he is only a okay QB but shouldn't we give him the chance to become better. It seems to me that we have bigger problems then QB right now. IM just trying to figure out what is going though peoples head when they want to draft a QB. It is just confusing me i'm starting to think i'm didn't see something that he did of the off season
    While Tebow is not the future, I think we can make it another year with him backing up Orton. This years crop of Qbs seem pretty weak. Cam projected to go #1 says it all. Next year should be much better and then we draft our future quarterback.

"The Man, the Myth, the Legend"

Quote Originally Posted by furtureisours View Post
    so i was wondering why we should get a QB in this years draft. Did tebow in your eyes really do that bad last year. So far to me he is only a okay QB but shouldn't we give him the chance to become better. It seems to me that we have bigger problems then QB right now. IM just trying to figure out what is going though peoples head when they want to draft a QB. It is just confusing me i'm starting to think i'm didn't see something that he did of the off season
    In all likelihood Orton is gone. That means only 2 QB's on the roster, one an unproven but promising second year player, the other a career bust.

Yes, we will probably need another QB.

We don't need to look for a starting QB, no. I do think this will be Tim's year to sink or swim. He'll have his chance. But we will need another QB to be his backup, or at worst be the #3.

Is it just me or does anyone else want to see Tebow de-cleat some 180 lb DB after a pick?

Quote Originally Posted by bronco1263 View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else want to see Tebow de-cleat some 180 lb DB after a pick?
    No picks please. He can just run over the DB and score a touchdown.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post

Spread option? You say that like it's a good thing.

Here is hoping that Elway has a backup plan that doesn't include 1950's leather helmet football.......

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Spread option? You say that like it's a good thing.

Here is hoping that Elway has a backup plan that doesn't include 1950's leather helmet football.......
    If it'll produce alot of W's I don't care if they prance around in pink tutu's.

The Dolphin's made alot of teams look silly with the wildcat, If the execution is there the opposing DC's are gonna hate it.

Ok, maybe the tutu's should be orange and blue. Just win Damnit!
    [

Not for nothing, but in Tebow's 3 games, they went from scoring around 20 points per game, to scoring 25 points per game. That may seem small, but that is a difference from 20th to 6th inthe NFL.

Largely due to the fact that Orton is very limited in the red zone. Tebow adds a real element in the red zone that most QBs dont have.

There is a reason he broke Emmitt Smith's record at UF for rushing TDs and broke the SEC record (Herschel Walker) for rushing TDs in a season. It isnt just falling forward for 1 yard.

He brings an entirely new element. That is the reason the Broncos in those 3 games were one of the better teams in red zone TD % in those 3 games. It is actually exactly what he has always been.

Not to mention he went down as the highest rated QB in NCAA history for passing. Not bad for a guy that supposedly cant pass. Doesnt make much sense. We all know why people hate him. However, that is often just irrational banter from people that just hate hate hate.

Thats right, maybe Broncos fans should also consider that this team has been inept in the red zone dating back to 2006. That was with Shanahan, Shanahan and Cutler. Shanahan, Cutler and Marshall. They were inept in the red zone with everyone.

You know what the Broncos ranked in the NFL for red zone TD% in those 3 games? 1st. Ok, they ranked 1st. I know it was only 3 games. Of course, you would need to count the 4 plays he played prior to him starting. In those 4 plays, how many TDs did they score? 4. Oh, right cause scoring from the goal line is so easy in the NFL.

Amazing. If Elway makes the mistake of getting rid of this kid, it will be one of the dumbest moves I will have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

The Dolphin's made alot of teams look silly with the wildcat, If the execution is there the opposing DC's are gonna hate it.

Not a bad option with RBs...a dime a dozen. However, when you expose your QB to that type of punishment in the NFL, it's not a good thing. Even Tebow admitted such in this past Sunday's Denver Post:

"I also found out that while I can use my athletic ability to scramble, I can't take too many hits. We were doing whatever we could to win because they were two crazy games, but it's not good to play too recklessly."

If you watch the SD game, they were coming after him, and he played a very physical (and surely, a tiring) game. It will be a long 16 games if they are all like the SD game.
    "There's only one person carrying the ball right here."
    -Tim Tebow, 12/26/10, game winning drive

XV knows touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by soloking View Post
    Let's have this conversation after the draft and see what we do. Then we can take the what ifs out of the argument.
    The draft is way too far away to take a sensible position like this.

stop it, just stop it.

Spread Option ...

Quote Originally Posted by TT15Superman View Post
    Not a bad option with RBs...a dime a dozen. However, when you expose your QB to that type of punishment in the NFL, it's not a good thing. Even Tebow admitted such in this past Sunday's Denver Post:

"I also found out that while I can use my athletic ability to scramble, I can't take too many hits. We were doing whatever we could to win because they were two crazy games, but it's not good to play too recklessly."

If you watch the SD game, they were coming after him, and he played a very physical (and surely, a tiring) game. It will be a long 16 games if they are all like the SD game.
    ... is run from spread/gun formations. In the past an NFL team would throw or do a straight handoff from those formations. That's easy for an NFL defense to figure out.

When you have a running QB, like Tebow, you can add Spread Option to the package of plays run from the spread/gun formations.

Spread Option can be double or triple. If the four WRs are two on each side, you can put one of the backs in motion before the snap. Motion can be from quads to bunch which opens up that whole series of routes that can put tremendous pressure on a secondary; or, the motion man can be for give via a shovel pass (incomplete if it hits the ground) or for the pitch option.

Triple Option puts tremendous pressure on the D to play strict assignments (who has give, keep, pitch?) and prevents them from stunting or blitzing. PAP can be run from the triple option look as well which really forces the D to cover everyone on the whole field all the time.

Combine all of the above with no huddle and you have the kind of stuff that gives DCs nightmares.

The Steelers ran a little Spread Option in the Super Bowl and I think that it will be seen more in the future.

You're on D and O is lined up in a spread gun formation. One of the back WRs goes in motion. If Spread Option is run by the O it gives all the defenders a lot to think about.

Wildcat ...

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

... is a simplified Single Wing.

I think Miami ran it from a balanced line kind of like the Notre Dame Box of Knute Rockne and other balanced line Single Wings.

The original Single Wing invented by Glenn Warner at Carlisle Indian School in 1907 was run from an unbalanced line and shifted to Double Wing and Punt formation. Warner's punt formation had twelve plays only one of which was punt.

Another variation was the A Formation Offense of Steve Owen, HC of the NYG 1933-1953 (1938 NFL Champs). He ran an unbalanced line with irregular splits, but with all the backs on the short side of the line. If you look at the A Formation carefully, he had Bunch built into the short side with the Wing, TE and Blocking Back which was way ahead of his time (My Kind of Football 1954).

Another of Owen's innovations was the "Umbrella Defense" which is actually the origin of the 4-3.

Dutch Meyer morphed the Single Wing into the Spread at TCU from 1934-1952. He retained the direct snap to FB or TB, but spread everyone else out and had no TE. His most famous TB was Sammy Baugh. When he retired in 1952 he wrote Spread Formation Football in which he said it wasn't new.
    Last edited by samparnell; 04-26-2011 at 05:09 PM.