View Poll Results: Did you cry watching the Tebow documentary?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

19 10.98%
  • Yes, at some point during the documentary

29 16.76%
  • No, but inspired

61 35.26%
  • No, are you kidding me. You lose man points.

64 36.99%
Page 1 of 666 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Elway likes Tim Tebow pick for Broncos

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...8173&catid=339

WESTMINSTER - Denver Broncos Hall of Fame Quarterback John Elway told 9NEWS Tuesday morning he thinks Tim Tebow can play quaterback in the NFL and he likes what Head Coach Josh McDaniels did in the NFL draft.
    Advertisement
    "I think we have a great competitor so that gives us hope," Broncos Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway said of rookie quarterback Tim Tebow.

Elway shared his thoughts on the No. 1 draft pick with 9NEWS Sports Anchor Susie Wargin prior to the second round of the Colorado Golf Association Four-Ball Championship at Legacy Ridge in Westminster.

"He's got the potential, he won at the college ranks, and won the Heisman, so there is talent there, there's a want there," Elway said. "I think we have a great competitor so that gives us hope."

The former Broncos quarterback was also quick to point out the success McDaniels had coaching New England Patriots quaterbacks Tom Brady and Matt Cassel.

But Elway says Tebow should not be the only measure of this draft.

Click on the link to read the entire story from 9news.com.

---------------------------------------------------

What does everyone think about this?

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post

WESTMINSTER - Denver Broncos Hall of Fame Quarterback John Elway told 9NEWS Tuesday morning he thinks Tim Tebow can play quaterback in the NFL and he likes what Head Coach Josh McDaniels did in the NFL draft.
    Advertisement
    "I think we have a great competitor so that gives us hope," Broncos Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway said of rookie quarterback Tim Tebow.

Elway shared his thoughts on the No. 1 draft pick with 9NEWS Sports Anchor Susie Wargin prior to the second round of the Colorado Golf Association Four-Ball Championship at Legacy Ridge in Westminster.

"He's got the potential, he won at the college ranks, and won the Heisman, so there is talent there, there's a want there," Elway said. "I think we have a great competitor so that gives us hope."

The former Broncos quarterback was also quick to point out the success McDaniels had coaching New England Patriots quaterbacks Tom Brady and Matt Cassel.

I Love Elway, in my eyes the man can do no wrong, but he also liked Griese, Plummer, Cutler, and Orton. The man is way to smart to ever say anything that could upset his, and the broncos, fan base. I think this has to be taken with a grain of salt, he will always find something nice to say about QB's for the broncos.
    Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

You know you're someone when you text elway, and he's excited to meet you.

I also like how 9 news called tebow our number 1 pick

Quote Originally Posted by broncojuan View Post
    I Love Elway, in my eyes the man can do no wrong, but he also liked Griese, Plummer, Cutler, and Orton. The man is way to smart to ever say anything that could upset his, and the broncos, fan base. I think this has to be taken with a grain of salt, he will always find something nice to say about QB's for the broncos.
    Exactly... It wouldn't bother me if he decided to take Tebow under his wing and be his personal QB coach though. haha:go:

Quote Originally Posted by broncojuan View Post

he didn't exactly bubble over about cutler

If Tim puts up numbers half as good as John's then we will be in very good shape for the next 10-15 years.
    [CENTER][/CENTER]Team Tebow #4:13
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post
    he didn't exactly bubble over about cutler
    No he didn't. He even made a comment about winning being what determines your success as a QB......that was in Jay's third season with the Broncos.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by 15Broncos View Post
    If Tim puts up numbers half as good as John's then we will be in very good shape for the next 10-15 years.
    You'd be happy with:

1,608 passing yards a year
    28.45% completion percentage
    9.5 TD's a year
    and a 39.95 QB rating

for the next 10-15 years

No no no *covers my ears/eyes*

I dont want to hear from Elway. I'm still mad at him for retiring & leaving us in limbo for the last decade, LOL (COULD HAVE gone back to back to back, you horse-grinning S.o.B.! What was one more year to you?!? Boo!)

Unless he says "Screw it, I'm strapping up, see you on the field!" I dont wanna hear his comments!

T777
    "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

God has spoken......ha

You'd be happy with:

9.5 TD's a year
    and a 39.95 QB rating

for the next 10-15 years

I know elway's a god, and the man, and probably the GOAT, but this is what cracks me up about people wanting good QB's but hammer a guy like Orton....

Elway's numbers averaged over 16 years were

3216 passing yards per year
    56.9 % completion percentage
    18.75 TD's
    14.125 Int's
    79.9 passer rating

Orton's stats last year (career average/yr in parenthesis), and he hasn't peaked...

3802 passing yards (2,978) that's 14.875 less yards passing per game on average career wise.
    62.01 % completion (57.8)
    21 TD's (16.75)
    12 INT's (12.73)
    86.8 passer rating(76.9)

Yet with Kyle people hate him and want him shipped out of town ASAP

I'm not saying Kyle is next in line for the GOAT, or that he's a top teir QB, only that he's not NEAR as terrible as some want to think.
    Last edited by owninit; 05-04-2010 at 11:55 AM.

I LOVE that Elway still refers to the Broncos as "we".

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    I LOVE that Elway still refers to the Broncos as "we".

i agree that is completely awesome.....

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post

Advertisement

Elways the one that said Jamarcus Russell would fail in Oakland when he was drafted, Elway didnt like the fit, this is a smart football guy, im glad he is on the Tebow Train.

You'd be happy with:

9.5 TD's a year
    and a 39.95 QB rating

for the next 10-15 years

Nope. I wasn't speaking literally.
    [CENTER][/CENTER]Team Tebow #4:13
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]