View Poll Results: Did you cry watching the Tebow documentary?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

19 10.98%
  • Yes, at some point during the documentary

29 16.76%
  • No, but inspired

61 35.26%
  • No, are you kidding me. You lose man points.

64 36.99%
Page 49 of 666 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 549 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyHorse View Post
    For the love of all that is holy please tell me this is a joke.
    It was an example of how dumb this "draft luck" trend is. If we're so obsessed about drafting luck, then why not get crazy about drafting 2 QBs?
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="Green"][SIZE="4"]--BREAKING NEWS--

DENVER TO DRAFT "YES" WITH THE #2 OVERALL PICK![/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Impact"]"Who will Denver draft with the #2 overall pick?"[/FONT]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MY 2012 MOCK DRAFT:

RD 1: YES
    RD 2: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
    RD 3: IT'S A HIGH POSSIBILITY
    RD 4: NOT IN THE HORIZON
    RD 5: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
    RD 6: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
    RD 7: NO

Quote Originally Posted by Cutler2007 View Post
    I do not think it is a sure thing. Panthers could find a package of picks more appealing, particularly if they get a QB back in return.

Always the possibility Luck says he won't play for the Panthers, although he does not strike me as that type of guy.
    Luck doesnt have that kind of leverage. It worked for Elway because he could go play baseball. It worked for Eli because he is part of one of the most powerful families in the NFL.

Luck has neither to his credit. Even if the Panthers didnt want to pick Luck, they would draft that pick to either Buffalo, San Fran, Arizona, Miami, Washington, Seattle, Oakland, Minnesota, and possibly Jacksonville, Cleveland, or Cincinnati that will overpay desperately for a QB that quality and pedigree of Luck.

There are a thousand reasons Denver wont trade up to get him.

First, the last regime came in an immediately traded a fan favorite QB and immediately hung a black cloud of his head. Do you think the next new headcoach is going to make the same mistake?

Second, this team has massive holes to fill on the DLine, the middle of the LB corp, at safety and possibly at CB. There are some D monsters in this draft, especially in the areas we need and that is way way more important than picking where we are probably set at.

Finally, you dont draft two first round QBs in two years. That is insanity! This franchise has put its bet on Tebow and they arent going to trash that and forsake the D, which is by far our Achilles heel.

This franchise is going back to making smart decisions. Luck appears less and less likely to come out anyway. Maybe if Tebow completely implodes and tanks next year, they may consider it at the time. But not now.

I adopt andrewmlb.

Quote Originally Posted by AZBroncoGirl View Post
    I am a little concerned about our fan base when it comes to Tebow. Would the bronco nation allow him to make mistakes, have a bad game or two...or even a bad year? I think back to Elway's first year in the league and I wonder if Tebow would be allowed to grow and make mistakes before we push him to the curb and start the "Trade him away" posts.

With the game today...if Tebow plays poorly or loses the game, would bronco nation give up on him and begin moving on in a different direction this off season?
    He will have a bad game. It WILL happen. When it happens, who knows?

Personally I'll still be high on him. Even if he stinks it up today, that would still mean he played well 2 out of 3 games. Still pretty good for a rookie in his first starts, especially since he didnt get hardly any reps in practice all year.

He's a rookie.....

They are going to make mistakes.....

So I will be fine
    "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

-The best in the business-

Like any Rookie Tebow should be allowed to have bad games and learn. However since some were ready to crown him after only one good game, can't some call him a bust after one bad game? Is that not right?

The problem with your argument is that the bad game will have followed a good game, so the "bust" argument would be debatable. Had his first game been the bad game, there would have been plenty saying he was a bust. Now someone would say "He's not a bust, remember what he did against Houston"

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Texan View Post
    Like any Rookie Tebow should be allowed to have bad games and learn. However since some were ready to crown him after only one good game, can't some call him a bust after one bad game? Is that not right?
    Ill give you that. Tebow should be held to both standards.

Here's the difference though.....his ceiling is very high.....cause he can only get better (especially with how hard he works)

We saw the ceiling of Orton. Wouldn't work for us.

One big thing is.....Denver fans had very little hope until Tebow came in
    "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

-The best in the business-

He's having a terrible half and he's still in, so...

Quote Originally Posted by rjent View Post
    This thread is interesting. What I find missing (but hinted at) was that John was a very RAW rookie as well who made a lot of mistakes and bad judgments. I hope John, and the Bronco organization, remembers that. Everyone is raw and not ready as a rookie and John was no exception. I hope Tim gets a real chance here. I think he will be just as awesome in the pro game as he has been in everything else he has done, he just needs a chance to mature into the winner that he is at this level..

JMHO
    Tim Tebow will go from raw to "well done" when he gets in spring training next year. He learns fast, and he will be the qb next year the fans are looking for. Yes, John Elway was RAW for almost two years he struggled, but look what he became. Hopefully Tim will get the same consideration that John got.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Luck is gay?
    Is this the only comment you have helpfull to this trend.
    Neg CP

#1 priority is to land Harbaugh IMO. Like I've said previously...If we land Harbaugh (please god) then Elway and him evaluate our QB situation and reach the decision to go after a QB-I will support that. If they stay with TT-I will also support it. Point being is I trust those two people to correctly assess our QB situation.
    "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

If we have Elway and Harbaugh, I would bet the ranch we go after Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by KoobLis View Post
    It was an example of how dumb this "draft luck" trend is. If we're so obsessed about drafting luck, then why not get crazy about drafting 2 QBs?
    You should check some of your post before saying something negative about somebody elses trend.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBryce View Post
    If he was smart, he would stay for his senior year. His chance for success in the NFL goes up if he stays 4 years IMO.
    and his junior year...first...

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quote Originally Posted by McSmashie View Post
    Broncos drafting Luck = Not going to happen
    Broncos drafting Tebow=Not going to happen...Oh wait!

de ja vu

not knowing who our HC and possible GM will be-anything can happen
    "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR