View Poll Results: Did you cry watching the Tebow documentary?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

19 10.98%
  • Yes, at some point during the documentary

29 16.76%
  • No, but inspired

61 35.26%
  • No, are you kidding me. You lose man points.

64 36.99%
Page 415 of 666 FirstFirst ... 315 365 405 413 414 415 416 417 425 465 515 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 9985
    Quote Originally Posted by trexxxt View Post
    I was just watching a video about Cam Newton now that his pro day is over. Mike Mayock made a comment saying that Cam Newton is better than both TT and Vince Young coming out of college however he questioned Newton's determination to learn and drive to be the best player he can be. We all know that Tim is one of the hardest working players in the NFL however I was just wondering what your thoughts are on this.

Is Cam better than Tebow and Vince Young when they were coming out of college?
    Do you think Newton will be a success in the NFL?
    And finally, if say Tebow isn's as naturally talanted as Newton, do you think hard work and determination is enough for Tebow to be the better QB?
    Maybe, but Tim has the mentality, which is the biggest part of it. Newton aint got that, and whilst he will be vaguely successful (probably), if you gave me a choice, then it is Tebow all the way, and I bet you every NFL Head Coach would agree....
    Denver Broncos Fan from UK

Quote Originally Posted by trexxxt View Post
    I was just watching a video about Cam Newton now that his pro day is over. Mike Mayock made a comment saying that Cam Newton is better than both TT and Vince Young coming out of college however he questioned Newton's determination to learn and drive to be the best player he can be. We all know that Tim is one of the hardest working players in the NFL however I was just wondering what your thoughts are on this.

Is Cam better than Tebow and Vince Young when they were coming out of college?
    Do you think Newton will be a success in the NFL?
    And finally, if say Tebow isn's as naturally talanted as Newton, do you think hard work and determination is enough for Tebow to be the better QB?
    I can't help but see JaMarcus Russell everytime I watch Cam Newton. When you match skills he is very similar to TT ... they can run but their accuracy is very much in question.
    "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

Well like both. But are they the long-term answer. That is the question? As nobody has been the long-term QB since #7 left the building in 1999. We need someone that could be long-term and has stanima. Two key things that we need in a player.

Popularity wise............. Tebow, I think was the most popular player in the history of college football.

As far as prospects, I think Newton is a much better prospect than Tebow was. Tebow took a lot of guff from scouts and the media about his throwing motion (Either that, or his release? I know it was something that was considered major at the time.).

Both have major question marks moving toward the future.

Quote Originally Posted by biglig View Post
    I can't help but see JaMarcus Russell everytime I watch Cam Newton. When you match skills he is very similar to TT ... they can run but their accuracy is very much in question.

That's like saying I can't help but see Ryan Leaf every time I watch Tim Tebow. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    Coming from a Tebow fan,

Cam is very much the better pro prospect; he has a bigger arm, better mechanics, better athlete.

But at the end of the day, I will pick Tebow's leadership and intangibles every time.

You have to get on the field first and make plays before you can lead. I will not take neither, i am still upset that JMD took Tebow last year in the first round. But if ihad to choose, don't want to choose, will not take either player.

Cam Newton reminds me of Vince Young he is not mentally mature enough to handle the NFL. Still, Tebow has Vince Youngs footwork and mechanics and none of them can stay in the pocket all that long.

In the end both Cam and Tim will need to sit and develop or suffer a similar fate as Vince did. Being thrown in before you are ready can have serious impacts on a player physically (in the sense it takes longer to correct problems and in some cases they dont get corrected) and mentally (in the sense that it can attack a players confidence and make it hard for them to concentrate properley). Tebow will be more impacted by the physical aspects and Cam the mental. Tebow may sit another year and develop into a true NFL QB where as Cams team might not be able to afford that luxury.

Ild rather have a player who has poor footwork and mechanics (thus physically impacted) then a player that mentally is not ready for the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
    You have to get on the field first and make plays before you can lead. I will not take neither, i am still upset that JMD took Tebow last year in the first round. But if ihad to choose, don't want to choose, will not take either player.
    You will not take neither. Does that mean you will take either, because it doesnt sound like you like either player?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    At the same time, Klis doesn't ever list his sources. He protects them. Klis could be his own source for all we know.
    The Denver Post isn't the internet pal.

Quote Originally Posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    Does Adam Schefter list his sources as an insider? Klis isn't the only person in Denver to feel this way. At the end of last season, Almost everyone in the Denver Sports media believed that Tebow would be the starter week 1 next season.

The lockout would obviously put a wrench in those plans.
    No. They're anonymous sources. If they were cited, then they wouldn't be anonymous. I wasn't singling out Klis for this. I think all of the media is this way. And sometimes it leads to irresponsibility in my opinion. But you can't change it. This is how we get the dirt sometimes.
    Last edited by Crazy8; 03-22-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Truth is, it'll be a while before we know. Especially in the highly likely event of there not being a season. No point in worrying about it tbh, Tebow will be the man to start here, that much is obvious.... just a matter of when really

Wouldnt be hugely against Orton playing if he got it done to tell the truth, but it would only be a short term solution, I'd be very very surprised if he stays here in the long run, and that's not a knock on the lad.
    Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Anyone who thinks Broncos will keep Orton and he will be a backup knows nothing about football. Enough said.

Klis backwards is Silk. WHOA
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by killacal View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oncos-starter/

despite vocal support for orton, tebow still looks like broncos’ starter
    posted by michael david smith on march 8, 2011, 7:37 pm est
    broncos coach john fox and front office boss john elway both say that right now, kyle orton is their starting quarterback.

But as mike klis of the denver post points out, right now there’s no football being played. And klis writes that the indications out of denver are that when football is being played, tim tebow will be the broncos’ starting quarterback.

According to klis, orton’s only real hope of being the starter in week one is if there’s a work stoppage lasting long enough that nfl training camps are shortened. In that situation, fox might feel like he has no choice to go with the experienced orton over the untested tebow.

If a deal gets done soon enough that the broncos have close to a full offseason to install their offense, however, tebow would probably start — and the broncos would probably try to trade orton.

So if a deal between the owners and the players’ union gets done soon, that deal will likely lead to the end of the orton era in denver
    i hope this is true, i like orton but i think if tim is the qb of the future i say we put him out there now
    i agree 100%

What I don't like is that this shouldn't even be a discussion.

Orton should be the starter until training camp. Then Tebow either unseats him or Quinn unseats both Tebow and Orton.

And we shouldn't even be talking about bringing in any QBs via the draft. If we need another QB because we're trading a QB, then that QB should be a veteran. The only way I can see drafting a QB that high is if we trade Tebow and keep Orton. But, again, this shouldn't even be a discussion.