View Poll Results: Did you cry watching the Tebow documentary?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

19 10.98%
  • Yes, at some point during the documentary

29 16.76%
  • No, but inspired

61 35.26%
  • No, are you kidding me. You lose man points.

64 36.99%
Page 30 of 666 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 530 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Hey, don't get me wrong here, I like TT. I think he's a great player and a great guy. But I think I'm missing something. How does scrutiny allow you to walk into hospitals? Is he just saying that he uses the attention to promote his foundation?
    It is kind of turning celebrity concept on it's head. There is an expression in Hollywood that goes "all good and bad press is all good press"

Tebow can't control all the press he gets and ridiculous aspects that come with being celebrity. Rather than whine about being a celebrity, figure out how to make work for you and do something positive with the capital that it creates. If he can use that to help more kids or receive more invitations to speak at hospitals through his celebrity status or generate more funds to help kids, then keep it coming is my interpretation.

Hey, don't get me wrong here, I like TT. I think he's a great player and a great guy. But I think I'm missing something. How does scrutiny allow you to walk into hospitals? Is he just saying that he uses the attention to promote his foundation?
    and why not? If it's praise or scrutiny, it's still opportunity for him to take publicity and turn it into hope. If you or I walked into a hospital to talk to dying kids, we might feel better about ourselves. If someone like Tebow walks in that room, the kid feels better about themselves. He uses everything and anything as an opportunity to improve the lives of others. I realize that in todays world of athlete foundations, it's easy to assume self promotion, but I feel confident we are seeing something different, something real.

Firstly, thanks for posting these.

I'm not sure what Tebow is talking about here? Maybe I need to watch the game again, but I didn't see him throwing it away quickly when there was an open receiver or room to scramble.

There were a few bad passes, obviously, but just not sure what he's referring to here.
    He was talking about when he checks through the reads.. and pressure is coming.. and does as any good QB does... you throw the ball out to the side to maintain the line of scrimmage and avoid a loss of yardage.

He said that he felt he was to quick to do that.

He said he wanted to do that in such a way that even when he is throwing the ball away to avoid the loss of yardage...
    that he should work on getting it up into a corner where even in throwing it away... Lloyd woulds still have an outside chance to use his athleticism and make a catch.

It is like Tebow strives to even make those safe throwaways into a possibility if something. The guy is always striving.
    Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 12-30-2010 at 10:48 PM.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by TampaTebow1! View Post
    Lets do a checklist here:

Tebow Haters I leave out the 5 posters on here we all know and love for lack of wanting to get banned 1. Kiper: Did he play in the NFL? Somehow I doubt it, did he play in College? I doubt it, nerd who wants to look right who is more wrong than right!

2. Cowherd from ESPN sportsnation, did he play anything past the 8th grade? Somehow I doubt it, a true Tebow hater every sense of the word,

3. Pete Prisco, etc. list goes on and on.... Played football? Nope... Now yes there are some other haters, Shannon Sharpe, Charles Woodson, etc. that played but they are few and far between

Tebow-supporters, 90 percent of this board, should be 100 percent if you truly want whats best for the Broncos, 100 percent Gator Fans and about 90 percent of sec fans even of other teams

1. Tony Dungy, I don:t know won a superbowl, several division titles and worked with Peyton Manning, him or Kiper?

2. Jon Gruden, I dont know, won a superbowl, supposedly is known as a qb guru, won division titles in both AFC and NFC, you tell me?

3. Champ Bailey, I don"t need to explain to you the power of Champ.

4. Deon Sanders, arguably the most athletic person of all time, only person to successsfully other than a short stint by Bo Jackson to play NFL football and mlb baseball and be good at both. Deon Sanders might be the greatest "athlete" not football player, but "athlete" of all time... Lest see will I listen to deion or Kiper? I take "primetime!"
    THIS (10 chars)

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    He was talking about when he checks through the reads.. and pressure is coming.. and does as any good QB does... you throw the ball out to the side to maintain the line of scrimmage and avoid a loss of yardage.

He said that he felt he was to quick to do that.

He said he wanted to do that in such a way that even when he is throwing the ball away to avoid the loss of yardage...
    that he should work on getting it up into a corner where even in throwing it away... Lloyd woulds still have an outside chance to use his athleticism and make a catch.

It is like Tebow strives to even make those safe throwaways into a possibility if something. The guy is always striving.

Well, if that's the case, I applaud the enthusiasm, but this seems like a trap for a young QB. I'm perfectly happy with him getting rid of the ball rather than making a risky throw. I guess if he can do it in such a way that only our guy has a shot at it, more power to him, but I didn't really see such missed opportunities in the Houston game.

Granted we sign Bailey in the offseason, I want to see him pick Cutler off for six!!

I just hope they schedule this game later in the season so it is in primetime and the whole nation can see!!

Or even, da da da da da da DA DA DA DA DA DA!!! MNF

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Hey, thanks for posting the paraphrased summary. It is appreciated.

Sorry but I won't have faith in Tebow beating a top defense unless he destroys the San Diego defense(whom had a bad week last Sunday) this weekend and a few others before playinf a defense like Chicago's. The Texans have the worst defense in football. I just don't see Tebow eluding that Bears front 7 especially with a healthy Urlacher and Briggs tandem and Peppers rushing him. Don't get me wrong I want Tebow to suceed in the NFL but that Bears defense should be a true test for him and The Broncos defense needs work so Cutler could have a career day if things don't get addressed in the offseason..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Josh McDaniels performing a visual display of the ammount of good decisions he's made while in Denver!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Granted we sign Bailey in the offseason, I want to see him pick Cutler off for six!!

I just hope they schedule this game later in the season so it is in primetime and the whole nation can see!!

Or even, da da da da da da DA DA DA DA DA DA!!! MNF

I think Jay actually might be smart enough to not test Champ, he's aging but he still has it and is one of the greatest CB to ever play the game....of course he did make Deangelo hall look like Champ earlier in this season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Josh McDaniels performing a visual display of the ammount of good decisions he's made while in Denver!

One of the things that has most impressed me with Tebow's wisdom (and I have to admit that I'm pretty skeptical on how wise this fellow is) is when he was talking about criticism being hurled at him. I thought he had very good perspective regarding any criticism being pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. People are criticizing him about playing a game. He seems very able to keep that in check with the realities of the world and just uses it for motivation while still understanding that people criticizing him about playing a freaking game just isn't of earth-shattering importance.

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

What's Tebow Taught Orton?

I think it's a given that Tebow has had a chance to sit on the sidelines and soak in a lot of knowledge watching Orton play the game. I imagine that Orton has shared a tip or two to Tebow as well. But what I've been wondering about lately is what Orton is currently being taught by Tebow.

Surely Orton is seeing a passionate fanbase come to life again and he's getting to hear the roar of the Mile High Madness. He's watching Tebow go out and establish leadership of the team in extremely rapid fashion. There's things going on that have to have Orton scratching his head about and observing... and probably wondering how Tebow is managing to do it. I don't think Orton is an idiot or anything (though lacking in personality and fire), and I think he's got an objective head. What's he going to take away from all of this?

I am hoping that he'll see some aspects that are lacking in what he brings to the table and that wherever he has his next chance, he'll take the field with more passion, more leadership and more will to win. I don't know if that will be the case, but I really don't wish ill upon the guy. I do think he has to add some stuff to what he brings to the table to ever hope to become a true leading quarterback in the game. Tebow had some pretty rockstar status prior to joining the Broncos, but even that didn't just come from nowhere. Do you think Orton is taking this all in and learning something from it which he may incorporate into his future? Or do you think he's just getting depressed and really not taking this as something to learn and improve from?

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

He's taught him don't suck or yul get bencjed

Orton won't get more athletic, so that won't be it. I don't think Orton has it in him to be as outwardly passionate about the game as Tebow. Even if he tried I think it would come across as fake. Kyle's laid back, lethargic attitude is one reason I believe he needs to be on a team dominated by their defense and running game. He is part of the team but not the main cog, it's just not in him.

I think Kyle is a horrible fit for this town, franchise, and fanbase. He is too laid back. It comes accross as uncaring and mopey. This town needs a passionate alpha male type QB. That is the only kind of guy this fanbase will embrace as our starting QB. Whether that's right or not, it's just the way it is.

Orton is a seven year pro. I doubt he would learn much from Tebow. Orton has his limitation athletically but he not a bad leader, just not one of those rah rah types that can walk the walk and talk the talk like Tebow.

Very profound thread.
    Kudos to you for the most creative thoughts I've seen on here for some time.

Yes... we will see if Orton grows from this experience...
    if he transcends his mopey attitude on the sideline.

__________________________________________________ ___________

"Attitude is more important than facts. It's more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what other people say or think or do. It'll make or break a business, a home, a friendship, a relationship or an organization. The remarkable thing is, we have a choice every day of what our attitude will be. We cannot change our past, the actions of others or the inevitable. The only thing we can change is our attitude."
    ~ Chuck Swindol
    Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 12-30-2010 at 11:46 PM.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!